Author Topic: Finesse vs. Circus  (Read 7318 times)

smoothmove.

Finesse vs. Circus
« on: October 27, 2006, 12:20:24 AM »
Hi, I joined this forum a few months ago, and haven't posted in a while, but I have 1 orange circus at home, and am looking at getting a second one, which one do you think would be better? I know its all personal preferance, but I need some ideas.
Diabolo's in Ottawa?

seán_

Re: Finesse vs. Circus
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 01:08:12 AM »
You've got a circus allready, get a second one. If you allready had a finesse i'd be saying get another finesse.

Personally when i was getting to grips with 2d I found finesse quite skitty and a bit too slippy for me but that was because of the time I put into 2d with henrys. If finnesse were my main diabalos I'd probably found the circus as heavy.

Anyhow for me
Circus
Great momentum, good quality, resilliant, good to go  but with custom options, take drops, keeps shape, stable. get grotty esp doing 2d, some colours a bit dull,  metal hub gets damaged by metal stick tips.
finesse
good quality, nice hub, easy to  customise. nice looking, cleaned easily, light, differrent profile (some love, some don't mind ),  tad cheaper

lots of thoughts  in the equipment section as well.
Sean_

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:39:05 AM »
how do you feel about your circus? You liking it? If so, get another circus.

I find the circus hubs horrid. So you end up spending $20 per diabolo to get some plastic hubs in there. Finesse, you get those and you're good to go.

In any case, I'd recommend trying before buying. Or just end up buying a bunch of each like me...

matthewthegreat

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 04:32:53 AM »
Or just end up buying a bunch of each like me...
You too?  ;)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 06:09:59 AM »
Yeah well you know, you have to get a set of Finesses for plain axles, a set for wide, one for the light kit...then different Circuses for different hub types, it's practically neverending.

Arjan

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 09:00:55 AM »
Don`t forget a performance set! And a indoor practice set, and a outdoor set.

diabolofreak617

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 06:16:04 PM »
I'd go with another Circus since you already have one. You can't go wrong with Henry's stuff. However, the choice is up to you.
If Diaboloing was easy then everyone would be doing it.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 06:55:27 PM »
I have Circus, I still have the stock hubs, and I like it.  I can't be fussed to buy more stuff on my never-ending collection (well, not quite).  I definitely recommend getting another of what you've got, unless what you've got at the moment is rubbish.

My 3 circuses do it all for me, though I might give the other two a bit of a wipe, I have a performance tomorrow, the dirt might counteract the UV.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

smoothmove.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 11:15:04 PM »
Ok, thanks.
Diabolo's in Ottawa?

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 03:28:19 AM »
Don`t forget a performance set! And a indoor practice set, and a outdoor set.

And then the shelf set!

No really, I actually got a white henry's just to keep on the shelf for a bit. It ended up collecting dust and I wanted to try 3D with red, white, and blue so I ended up just using it, though.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 06:44:21 PM »
And then the shelf set!

No really, I actually got a white henry's just to keep on the shelf for a bit.
And soon, Sean will open up another forum for psychiatric help for those who are a little bit obsessed. 

Chiok
ObGear: Glow in the Dark Circuses don't glow in UV, which was a pain.  Meant I had to change to Yellow Finesses for the performance, which even then didn't turn out too great.  I did manage like 3 ott with 3 though.

JC

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »
There are other possiblities,
add a Babache light kit onto the circus...

http://gallery.greatestjournal.com/albums/up7/912/1585912/normal_Circus%20Glow%20Light%201.jpg
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Mingo-May

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »
There are other possiblities,
add a Babache light kit onto the circus...

Or a circus light kit, it will be less strange ;).

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 10:15:14 PM »
ObGear: Glow in the Dark Circuses don't glow in UV, which was a pain.  Meant I had to change to Yellow Finesses for the performance, which even then didn't turn out too great.  I did manage like 3 ott with 3 though.

What, really?? Damn. How about the glow G2s with UV light? I was thinking of getting one or two...Henry's yellow string is awesome under black light.

JC

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 04:43:55 PM »
@mingo-may

No this is a babache evolution 4 onto a Circus;-)
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:39 PM »
Yeah, the VEGA light kits are mighty expensive, in some cases more so than the diabolo.  If I had Evo 4 light kits, I probably would have put them onto my Finesses to inrease the weight or bought the conversion kits.

As for glow G2s, not sure, the only member of our club that has them is on placement in the Netherlands at the moment, but somehow I don't think so.  Henrys yellow string does glow particularly well and I added some paper to the shaft of my handsticks for extra effect.  I think if I had charged them up well in advance and cleaned them off, it would have lasted at least for a few minutes.

Now I've just got dirty looking "white" diabolos.  Oh well...

Chiok

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal