Author Topic: They just keep tipping!!""  (Read 2636 times)

Mr jiggly

They just keep tipping!!""
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »
I have just learned how to do two diabolos, i can start the two going, and correct them and keep going untill my arms fall off. Tricks are beyond me. I am learning how to speed them up and i can loop every other diabolo as it comes round, but ....

The diabolo keeps tilting away from me!! Has anybody else got this problem or know what i am doing wrong.

Also i cant get every diabolo as i guess i am releasing the other diabolo wrong so the other one ends up in the wrong place.

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
Re: They just keep tipping!!""
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 08:22:36 PM »
Your rigth stick is a little bit in front of your left so the plane the diabolos move in is not ortogonal (90 degrees) to the diaboloaxles. Or you touch the diabolos with the string on the front cup each time you catch them.
I think it will help to move your rigth stick back a bit (or the left front wards a bit). You culd also try turning sligthly to the rigt it migth help as well.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 12:05:37 AM »
Also i cant get every diabolo as i guess i am releasing the other diabolo wrong so the other one ends up in the wrong place.

Do you mean that you can't catch it?  Maybe you should move to the side a little to almost look like a trash stance to see if it's going forward or back.  (seems reasonable?)

Also for correcting it may be as Mr. Pink says but maybe the diabolos are just unbalanced?  Did u modify them or are they as they came from the box?

Josh

Mr jiggly

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 04:26:13 PM »
Cheers for the advice, i will try moving my right stick forward.

I can catch them, and loop them then unloop them. Just when they come round from the loop they are tilting forward a little bit, and if i keep going the keep tiling more.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:13:58 PM »
Some people find it difficult to get their head around tilting diabolos. Try to speed them up and then correct them. This may seem completely pointless, but in the long run your corrections will be good and you will be able to speed up the diabolo. Just keep practicing and you'll learn it eventually. No matter how much time you spend reading you still need to practice to get anything solid.
Behind your back is your front.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal