Author Topic: Excallibur Duicide  (Read 5961 times)

Matt

• VotW Contributor
Excallibur Duicide
« on: April 06, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »
Hi everyone! 

Long time no post!  I just wanted to share my joy at hitting excallibur duicides yesterday with Chris Garcia (Dracodragon) watching.  I did about 6 or 7 in an hour-long vertax session with Chris.  He also schooled me on his very cool excallibur slack whips.  It was a bountiful day yesterday. 

Back to the duicide...the trick itself is not that hard.  The main idea is to release both sticks and the diabolo in an upwards/diagonal movment.  You'll also want to give a good push to both sticks so that they spin around at a relative same rate of spin.  This trick is definitely doable.  I could see it becoming almost performable with practice. 

Anyone else out there hit this puppy yet?  M4u?  Sharpe?  Busk?  Any thoughts?  I refuse to believe that I'm the first to do this...;D

Still loving the juggling,

matt
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
Re: Excallibur Duicide
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
Well I came up with it long time ago , I even posted a topic here on it.
I do it the exact same way you do, but I haven't got it consistent enough to do it on stage yet.
I think nev does it aswell but from an integral.
GL with it

nev

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 11:27:59 PM »
Firstly - congrats on nailing it.

Yes I did get my version from an integral semi solid last summer (about 40%) but haven't worked on it since (like most vertax stuff - I haven't had the weather or light to be outside after the kids are in bed).  I now get about 10-15mins natural light post bedtime story so have just started actively practicing vertax again weather permitting - I'll give it another go once I get the stuff I had last summer back solid (especially the 2d  >:().

I'd be VERY interested to know more about the vertax slacks though  ::)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Ryderus

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 03:51:16 AM »
hmmm.. I really hadn't though about it.. nice job! sounds really amazing to me.. cuz I never ever even had the idea of trying it :P
I would really appreciate if u could post a video about this trick.. and maybe a mini written tutorial.. or hints.. or anything..... please?? :-\                       lol.. thanks
If you talk spanish I would be pleased to welcome you to my my starting latin diabolo forum. http://diaboloec.foroportal.es/

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 03:57:12 AM »
Good to have a post from you again Matt! Sounds like an insane trick I need to try! How about a video?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

David - SAS1

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 03:14:17 PM »
I still don't understand how it works, it sounds just like you throw the sticks round the diabolo but surely that would mean the diabolo flies away from you.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »
Videos on this? If I understand the basic idea, I´m guessing you do it to the right with a stopover first? How about combining it with a left magic knot to whip-duicide? Sounds like an awesome trick in any case.

M4U

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »
hi Matt....
in other words you make suns under and over the arms (or stop on the left) and release both sticks? ???

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 04:58:31 AM »

hi Matt....
in other words you make suns under and over the arms (or stop on the left) and release both sticks? ???

I just tried to keep it simple.  I did a stop on the left, swing back to the right and up, release both sticks, and catch them both as they come back around.  It is quite gnarly and really fun.  Great feeling...like a five ball five high pirouette.  Everything leaves the hands and then returns.  I'll have to try the whip to duicide version.  

I will try to get it on video soon and put it out there.  VOTW?   :)

matt
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »
You can also pull it from the back (sun over the arms then under and you jump over, then you release both sticks) but it's .... harder ...

M4U

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »
ok i try it a long time ago but when a stick hit my head i stop to try....i'm just stupid and i don't want to aggravate my mental state  ;D...great work i'm curious to see a video

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal