Author Topic: What trick are you most proud of?  (Read 25368 times)

iroQuai

Re: What trick are you most proud of?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 12:46:01 PM »
Between the legs sun is one of my favorites. When I was learning it I kept smacking myself, but now it's a very slick trick.
Haha I really know how you feel! I had the same with a sun behind the back between the legs... If it goes wrong that way it could be painful. I still have a scar on my belly from my first practise session this summer :(

The first time I did an inf. suicide was also great! I thought I would never learn a trick like that, but then suddenly I got it! Just like minigenosides - feels great.

But if I had to choose, I would choose the rubberarm to monorail combo! Especialy the moment when the first tricks goes into the second trick feels great.

martijn

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 01:25:41 PM »
Thanks Martijn!!!

Great to hear the tutorial has been helpful :) Glad I could help.

And as i created that tomicide genocide trick which martijn put in the TOTW too.

Yeah, that's nice. I'm now working on the double version of that (Eric's integral to wrapped mini g I believe). I'm having trouble with the stick unwrapping the wrong way though... Try it!

GbH

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 03:34:03 PM »
Hmmm, I wonder what mine would be?    ;D 

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »
Yeah, that's nice. I'm now working on the double version of that (Eric's integral to wrapped mini g I believe). I'm having trouble with the stick unwrapping the wrong way though... Try it!

Yes it's the same trick which Eric does.The only different is that he starts with a "backside thing".I did the double version in my freestyle video at 5:20 too.It looks very similar to the normal one and the quality is bad.Perhaps that's why some people didn't see it.

martijn

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 01:28:39 AM »
The only different is that he starts with a "backside thing".I did the double version in my freestyle video at 5:20 too.It looks very similar to the normal one and the quality is bad.Perhaps that's why some people didn't see it.

Yeah, that's his very stylish entry to the minisuicide, integral stays the same though :D

And I did notice the trick in your video, it's just that it's been a while since I've seen the video, and I only recently started messing around with the double variation :)

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 08:46:06 AM »
Hmmm, I wonder what mine would be?    ;D 

of course i am most proud of tricks that i have invented by myself - and those are great moments when i see somebody ELSE do something that i think is my stuff (even and maybe even more if one does it better than me)..

but then, i realise there is maybe people out there who have invented stuff like fan, sprinkler and genocide.. that is something very else.. do you Guy know which people are originally behind those tricks.. or is that kind of basic stuff allways 100+ years old and nobody knows who has made it first time?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 10:39:08 PM »
Kapis, I think there was no definite inventor of those types of tricks, but many people would of probably once thought of it. Take vertax for example, I think alot of people would of once thought of getting the diabolo going vertical.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

seán_

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 02:18:19 AM »
Fan, I believe Ryo yabe claims that.
Sprinkler, Dave P
Genocide, Robert Biegler (Matt H reckons the stuff he did back 10 years ago would be up and above a lot of the suicide stuff people do these days).

Anyhow, back on topic. like Mattias I was really happy when i got double sprinkler duicide, looking back i think tricks that stood out for me were, in no particular order, full genocide, 2d shuffle, continuous backwraps, sfan exit, 2d fig 8 sun, mini coloumns, wrapped ping pong and of course 3rd base concept.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 03:40:50 AM »
gah! third base! explaination in clear plain english?  no ambigious mumbo jumbo or maybe a video  ::)

please?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 08:47:10 AM »
Amen. WHAT IS THIRD BASE?!?!!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

dekel a

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
amm i think that it would be my 3d minicolumns  ;D
btw i bit my record to 13 {throws} without geting back to the pettern

vinß

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 01:01:47 PM »
Fan, I believe Ryo yabe claims that.
Was Ryo the guy on diarhythm.com doing the fan ?
I learned this trick 6 or 7 years ago from this bloody GIF (unfortunately, that was the one video of a fan available)

Mithew

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 06:19:16 PM »
integral suicide to infinite suicides.  I have some other cooler tricks w/ two diabolos, but I like doing it a lot (probably cuz it took forever to learn).
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

one.man.band

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
I still think mini-g and infinite suicides are my greatest achievement  ;)
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 10:53:42 PM »
none of them

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 12:33:07 AM »
Aaah, the nostalgia!  Just reading Sean's post, chatting about Dave P and Robert doing their thing.....

Got me so misty eyed, I dug out my old dusty copy of the Manchester convention video (that's BJC number 7 for all you newbies out there, 1994!)  Was fun to watch all those Renegades flying around, Dave P doing 2-in-one-hand to finger curl back to 2-in-one-hand, a brief bit of Robert doing some of his great combos, and of course me and Guy looking impossibly young....

Anyway, back on topic, can't honestly say I'm "proud" of any particular trick, but continuous 2 diabolo suicides still puts a smile on my face.  Something about the way that all that stuff is flying around and around without spraying  all over the place is still strangely hypnotic, even after all these years.

Cheers,
Donald

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 03:28:44 AM »
The double frontwrap sprinkler suicide pass with two diabolos and/or back to back 2 diabolo excalibur passing, both of which I think are very hard technically but extremely visually pleasing to both lay audiences and to diabolo savvy ones.

-Nate
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

The Void

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »
Earning a living.

The Void
You call this living?
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Relativity

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2006, 06:33:07 PM »
WHip catch genocide...
i remember this happened almost by accident, i sucessfully completed a whip catch went to throw a sun to the right, dropped one of the sticks and ended swinging it full circle while the daibolo was still rising. Well, well, well, this is very interesting, i thought, it took me ages to learn, but i eventually got it, and named it the 'Selective translocated Herbicide'
Oh if anyone ever invents any new suicides, the world of golf course greenkeeping has many names...
Fungicide, herbicide, pesticide, vermicide rodentcide...
I also came across this word the other day
'infanticide' so if anyone can come up with a dark enough trick?
Or we could just rename mini genocides, cause infants, like those tricks are smaller..
Fire Walk With Me...

fredo

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 10:02:57 PM »
'infanticide' so if anyone can come up with a dark enough trick?
A VERY fast and a bit lower Vertax Genocide would do it...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal