Author Topic: What trick are you most proud of?  (Read 25371 times)

looby

• Donator
What trick are you most proud of?
« on: November 03, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »
I appreciate some of you will have a few under your belt but what trick really made you think 'after all the effort, it feels so good to finally pull it'.

For me it has to be the double anti-suicide which I've pulled only twice since yesterday. After about 6 months of going back to it every now and then I finally managed to land it with the vortex out. It was chuffing brilliant, felt like how Tony Hawk would have when he pulled the 900 for the first time (I can appreciate the diabolo skill isnt up there with some of you guys though ;)  It's also the feeling of knowing how much practice on other tricks/techniques went into making that trick, such as the vortex and simply catching the handstick.

The one-handed round the leg was another proud moment as it was the first trick I thought would actually impress people therefore giving me the motivation to carry on learning.

Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

CASERocks

Re: What trick are you most proud of?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 01:50:39 PM »
Between the legs sun is one of my favorites. When I was learning it I kept smacking myself, but now it's a very slick trick.

6sic6

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:30:53 PM »
Infinite Suicide. It´s been my dream from Day 1. I finally nailed it this summer.  :D

I also like my J and C-whips.  :-*

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »
Ever since I saw Antonin do a 1d lifting mini-genocide on Diabology, it became one of the reasons I wanted to get better at diabolo. It's my favorite trick that I can do (right now).

Otherwise, a slowicide to stick kick to infinite suicide is my second favorite.

fredo

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:16:06 PM »
Let me think...Unwrapped infinite suicide?

martijn

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »
One of them has to be the excalibur genocide. I had been trying and trying it every once in a while for like 1.5 years! Then, it finally clicked, learned variations, and made a tutorial :D

There are probably some others, but that's the one that I thought of first.

lol fredo! :P

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 06:37:30 PM »
I think mine changes every time I learn or make something new. So I guess lately it would be my new version of my Berkeley performance combo...or my vortex combo, long vortex-->anti-suicide-->long vortex-->short vortex to short vortex-->arm stall.

But the next time something comes up it will definitely change...

PS. look for those two things in the next video ;)

Mattias

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 07:25:09 PM »
Probably frontwrap-backwrap double sprinkler with double duicide exit (Jako's trick), I have lost it now though bit I am going to start working on it again.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 07:29:38 PM »
42* because it was my dream trick since I started doing 2 diabolos.  I finally got it once and I was excited for the next few days.

Josh

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »
sfan to minigenocide, it was a first time love when I saw it in makkys video from fedc 02

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 09:27:12 PM »
The 2 diabolo shuffle.  Was such a nice feeling when I finally got it going.  Well, probably just being able to get it spinning really fast was a nice feeling.  Perhaps infinite suicides is up there somewhere.

Vertax genocide and 3D are still being worked on, for bloody ages.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Mingo-May

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 09:33:31 PM »
My 3 diabolos shuffle, it's like a trick...One year of work (I haven't got much time), but I think it is the greatest ting for me :).

martijn

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 10:12:37 PM »
Oh, and I'm also very proud of my 2 diabolo armstall fingergrind, because it was my first trick of the week on here :)

Squiggle

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 10:32:28 PM »
I'm not really proud of any of my tricks as i dont think any are original or very hard.
But My happiest time learning a trick was probably when i first started and learnt elevator. It was so kool! lol

Mr jiggly

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 12:11:40 AM »
I think the best trick i have learnt is a tomicide. Also i just love throwing two diabolos up, but it is the only trick i can do on 2

thewu

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 12:33:11 AM »
unwrapped inf suicides > 180s > genocide

but i can't do it anymore so i'll just say whip catch > duicide.  ;D

mofosyko

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 03:00:06 AM »
hmm. hard choice. I'm going to have to say vertax genocide, as its the trick ive spent the longest amount of time on.

Out of all the tricks I've ever learnt, pulling off a vertax genocide for the first time was the most satisfying.

I do have to thank Martijn for his tutorial, it's the final left hand unwrap that sorted it.

fredo

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 08:32:41 AM »
Oh, and I'm also very proud of my 2 diabolo armstall fingergrind, because it was my first trick of the week on here :)
indeed a VERY cool trick! always liked that one!

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 10:24:02 AM »
I'm a lucky guy!!!I've never practiced vertex genocides but after watching martijns tutorial and 3 days of practice i got it.And it felt very good because before I sought i will never get it.
Thanks Martijn!!!
And my first 3 diabolo shuffle and infinite unwrapped suicide 360 made me proud to.And as i created that tomicide genocide trick which martijn put in the TOTW too.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 12:30:51 PM »
2 diabolo between the legs sun. Everytime I do it there is something satifying about keeping my balls intact.
Behind your back is your front.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal