Author Topic: Circusplanet video!  (Read 4709 times)

martijn

Circusplanet video!
« on: December 26, 2004, 03:31:17 PM »
Hey there,

Finally, I finished the first Circusplanet video! :D  You can download it @: [offline]

It's a video by the 5 webmasters of www.circusplanet.net: Daan Yperman (Belgium), Janklaas Claeys (Belgium), RoB Boaron (NL), Tim van Hellemont (NL) and Martijn Halekor (NL, that's me :P ).

www.circusplanet.net is a Dutch website about juggling, devilstick, diabolo, balancing, unicycling and ballspinning. Enjoy the video!

Sean

• Administrator
Circusplanet video!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 04:26:55 PM »
Nice. I like the Chariots of Fire music at the beginning and end of the video. :)

My favourite part of the video was the diabolo section. I think the WJF has ruined my perception of juggling in general. What... only a 4 up pirouette out of 6? Hah! I'm only impressed if it's done with siteswaps! Or at least a 7 up out of 9 balls like Thomas Dietz tried in the numbers competition to show up Jason Garfield! OK, I know, I know... you don't have to be the best in the world to make nice videos... I'm just joking. ;)

Martijn, I've enjoyed seeing you develop into a smooth, mature diabolist over the past half year or so that I've known you. You've come a long way, and it's great to see you developing a style of your own.

Cheers,
Sean

Arjan

Circusplanet video!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 05:04:48 PM »
I enjoyed the video very much!
Also like the diabolo part the most.
And I also agree with Sean about your style Martijn ;)

Thumbs up!

diabololi

Circusplanet video!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 08:55:50 AM »
Grrrrrr... isn't it really frustrating when someone younger than you is better than you :)
Some smooth moves there, and 5 ball tricks always fascinate me more than 7, 9 or 11 ball cascades.

Oli

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
Circusplanet video!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 06:13:31 PM »
Yeah, great video! I like everything, but of course, the diabolo part is the nicest part.. :D

Tom_G

Circusplanet video!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 06:13:56 PM »
Great video! Can't really relate to the juggling bits (I can't do more than 3 balls), but the diabolo is fantastic.... I only wish I was as good as that. Nice one Martijn!

(btw, nice choice of music, Dream Theater in the diabolo bit was nice to hear - I havn't found anybody I know who's even heard of them, so that was a surprise!)
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

martijn

Circusplanet video!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 11:39:43 AM »
Yeah, thanks y'all! :D
I love the music of Dream Theater :wink:  (especially the hard part \:D/ )

MattF

Circusplanet video!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 09:00:20 PM »
Nice video there Martijn, I really like your 2d style. I have never seen that stuff with the footballs before. Great video editing also  :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal