Author Topic: Finnesse, Circus, or other?  (Read 26362 times)

DiaboloWebb

Re: Finnesse, Circus, or other?
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 09:24:01 PM »
i believe this is martijn playing with 2 finesse's, so he cant hate them as much as he says he does (although they do seem slightly tilted) :P

Anyways, i generally prefer finesses, but as already said by many people, it's all down to personal preferance, i believe the finesse has more oppurtunities than the circus, I agree that the circus is slightly more stable, but to prevent constant string wrap up's and axel damage you need to get a differant axel for it. also finesses start off light and you can upgrade the weight as much as you want, where as the circus starts off heavy and you can only lighten it by about 50 grams. finesse light kits are cheaper, and light up both sides, instead of having to use a circus light kit, which costs more and only lights up one side of the diabolo.
Hope i helped,
Aiden
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

martijn

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 09:41:01 PM »
Dude, that's an old pic. That was at the time the Finesses were really popular and stuff, and my mainreason for buying them was because fingergrinds were very hot at the time. Anyway, I was trying out different diabolos, like every diabolo player has to do :) (I had only tried the Circus with metal hubs before I switched to Finesses [I was {one of} the first in the Netherlands with a G2!]), and now I know that finesses suck and Circus rules :P

The only thing the Finesses are good for is that they look better on photo, video, performances, and with light.

matthewthegreat

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 12:00:21 AM »
I like my Finesses better then my circus when I use my circus it seems way too heavy and as far as being stable I think they are both about the same. Like you said it is a matter of preference.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 01:29:41 AM »
Finesses are good for is that they look better on photo, video, performances, and with light.

And the colours are better!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

martijn

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 03:04:49 PM »
Uhm, yes. That's what I said (or meant to say anyway).

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to argue over what's better in a differnt thread? Use a poll or something?
Behind your back is your front.

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 06:31:57 PM »
There's already a poll about the best diabolo. Use da magic Search button, and you'll hopefully find it.
The Vitamin Guy

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 07:02:30 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to argue over what's better in a differnt thread? Use a poll or something?

I don't think it would be better to argue about it anywhere. "My opinion is better than yours!!" Yeah, that will go somewhere  ::)

martijn

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 07:45:43 PM »
I don't see what would be a better topic to talk about the pros and cons of the Finesse and Circus, than in the topic "Finnesse, Circus, or other?".

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2006, 05:23:05 AM »
I don't think it would be better to argue about it anywhere. "My opinion is better than yours!!" Yeah, that will go somewhere  ::)

Lol, Yeah it definatly would!
I don't see what would be a better topic to talk about the pros and cons of the Finesse and Circus, than in the topic "Finnesse, Circus, or other?".

And Yeah, where else would be a more fitting place for talking about their pros/cons..?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Jamie C

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »
i prefer weight over everything else because i like a diabolo that spins a long time also one with good balance so i prefer henrys circus

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 12:25:52 PM »
i prefer weight over everything else because i like a diabolo that spins a long time also one with good balance so i prefer henrys circus

Which is why you use Finnesses :D
Behind your back is your front.

k2pek2

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 01:54:37 AM »
I personally am a fan of the harlequin by mister babache. it is a good beginner diabolo. the sticks you really dont need good ones until you think that you can improve your skills with them.
-John

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 03:22:06 AM »
I don't get why people say a diabolo is a good beginner diabolo.  A circus is easier to learn on than a harlequin because it won't "curl up" or "roll up" your string.  A good diabolo for a expert is a good diabolo for an beginner.  It's the same product for both and you don't use any different methods.  The only difference is the price because the harlequin is cheaper but if your serious about diabolo you will eventually move on to a finesse, circus, spinabolo or something of the like.  Just my 2 cents.

Josh

tghops

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 04:32:25 PM »
The "beginner diabolos" are good to introduce someone to diabolo though.  Not everyone is sure that they're serious about diabolo so the cheaper ones give you a chance to try it out and see if its for you.  I started with a Henry's Beach because I didn't know if i would stick with it.  I've since moved on to Finesse but I got a lot of good use out of my Beach.  So I would definitely recommend starting with one of the cheaper diabolos if your not sure you'll stick with diabolo.  You might regret spending $50 on a Circus you never use.

Jester

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
Harlequins all the way

heaviest of all your options = best hyperloops
nuff said

all i use
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

martijn

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »
Well, just use diabolos that weigh 10 kg each then! They must be the best!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 11:54:37 PM »
tghops then by ur definition harlequins aren't good beginner diabolos because they are 43 dollars each while circus are 45 and finesse 40.  

Jester: granted that weight helps sprinklers, but the heavier it is, the easier it curls up on ur strings.  Also your hands can get tired if you do hour long sessions that many diaboloists do.  Also most diaboloists don't like heavy diabolos which is why there are tuning kits for circus diabolos.  As martijn said 10kg...

Josh

tghops

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 01:46:05 AM »
I've never really looked into Harlequins.  Like I said I started with a Beach.  My point was that there are reasons to use other diabolos than the big three.  My reason was money, other people can have different reasons, like Jester preferring the weight of the Harlequins.

Jester

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 03:36:17 AM »
heaviest of all your "options"

i never found a 10 kg diabolo option         :p

but i'd certainly give it a go  ;D
i wonder if an elevator would be impossible
(just how heavy would a diabolo need to be to counteract its own spin)

those horrible curl ups depend on your tricks and technique and string clarity 90% of the time but sometimes it just wraps
not a huge issue id say with magical henrys yellow unless you've kept diaboloing a few weeks past your strings use-by date

another reason to choose harlequins for multiple diabolo is they have a greater length than other diabolos and so are more stable
in the air (anguler momentum means it takes more disturbance to shift their axis)

harlequins harlequins harlequins
we will convert the world
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal