Author Topic: D.ca Collaboration video  (Read 44079 times)

The Void

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2006, 10:54:29 AM »

Quote from: Langerz
try the same whip but frontstyle
not sure what whip you mean here? - frontstyle? - yoyo term perhaps?

Yo-yo via skateboarding. For yo-yo frontstyle = stuff happening in a straight line in front of you, as opposed to sidestyle, where stuff happens in a line across your body.

The Void
Goofier than a planetessimal
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

LaNgErZ

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2006, 12:03:12 PM »
yeah sorry. yoyo fronstlye as in both sticks pointing towards each other, the whip should come from the stick that is pointing towards yourself, through the gap between your body and your arm. underwhip not overwhip

hopefully thats alot clearer (i'm awfull at explaining stuff)

but seriously nev is right this could be sessioned months

nev

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2006, 12:34:28 PM »
Thanks that clears up the frontsyle - I still have a number of different web possibilities here so I still have a few questions for you Langerz but I'll PM you so as not to clog up this thread off topic.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2006, 01:57:55 PM »
Quote from: nev
It was more the suicides within webs that interested me with Norbi's (nicer way of getting to crossed arms)

Ah yeah, that's a nice entry indeed.

Watching a few of the japanese videos I have (only about 12 or so :() really interested me in their style of playing again. It's awesome!

Ilias

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2006, 06:28:47 PM »
Great  :D I hope you'll make such a video again, maybe I'll send something too, then...

Nick

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »
Quote from: nev
I'd like to belatedly add 4:32 to my highlights list - Norbi's whip web suicude stuff - there is a LOT of experimenting to be done with this idea - thanks

This trick has been around for a while. I learned it back in November of last year after it appeared in one of the videos from the Victoria Harbour Yo-Yo Competition in Hong Kong. The videos are found in this thread:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1176&highlight=hong+kong

The routine it features in is the 1st place entry from Chan Tin Yan at 2.02. The suicide catch is very sketchy, but it is basically the same trick.
Here is the direct link to the video:
http://hereweyo.uglab.org/vhyc2005/HWY_vhyc05_dia_1st_ChanTinYan.mpg

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2006, 10:14:41 PM »
Well i knew i would be annoyed if didn't get a clip in... and i am. COngrats to everyone, thats the best vid this summer for me. The diab in the tunnel thing  was clever. I had thought of it before but never got round to trying it.
The great thing about seeing a video like this is that you see so many different styles all in one video.
 Keep up the good work people.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

george

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 05:46:58 PM »
First time I've looked at this forum in a long while + what did I find?... a mindblowingly original and inspiring diabolo vid! Well done for creating such an inspiring vid.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2006, 04:10:36 AM »
Wow, that is an awesome collaboration video! THere is so much variation of tricks in there, all very creative by the way. Everyone did a great job on this, and Martijn and the other editors did a pretty great job on the editing of it. Well, until next years...not to rush or anything.  8)
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

busk

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2006, 10:27:44 AM »
i LOVED that video! very good editing!  :D at the begininning i was scared that it would came out a video like that of best of circusplanet..(i did't like it so much..i'm sorry :? ) but instead it's a very relaxing video, full of news ideas!

i'm really sorry because i didn't partecipate, but i returned yesterday from my holidays...and i haven't nothing special to film...

nev

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2006, 12:28:34 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but I was bored and way too drunk to diab so I thought (out of pointless interest) I'd analize the differant daibolo's used in the making of this vid to get a general concensous on what people are using.

My findings are (not counting background diabs or ones that have been used by the owner in a previous trick)  

Circus 33
Finesse 20
Yoho superspin 3
Jazz 2
Spinabolo 1
Yoho diabig 1

Unkown 1 - the Vetax clip with the JCB background near the end (guessing circus)

Interstingly the first finesse does not appear until 2:10 (after 17 circi had already appeared)

It supprises me that there were not more bearing diabolos given the experimental theme (only me & Tijn + John sharing Tijn's)

Appologies if this is totally useless information
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2006, 01:15:11 AM »
Nice analysis Nev. Circus ftw! :P Perhaps it's just that not a lot of people own a bearing diabolo, and buying one just for the video is a bit silly.

What do you mean with unknown 1? at what time is that?

nev

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2006, 01:23:35 AM »
6:10 - im thinking its another circus but I cant tell for sure.  
& I just imagined more people would have a ratchet or two - I guess not

Martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2006, 01:25:01 AM »
Yeah, probably a Circus. He's on the forum I believe, so he must be able to tell us.

Matt_

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2006, 05:40:59 AM »
interesting analysis, Nev. i've never been able to switch back to my Circuses after going over to the Finesse side. it does seem like the Circus is the more popular choice...

now what i'm wondering is, if there was a clip with multiple diabolos, did you count the number of diabolos, or just note that what type they had?

obviously it's unfair to see a 3D clip with Circuses and count 3, then a 1D clip with Finesses and count 1.

Mark BMC

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2006, 06:17:27 PM »
ahhhhhhh drunken posting, it should be mandatory

I still think finesse has the majority on the continent [from what I saw],  throw the mad French seem to be gradually swapping over. I think in the uk Circi have come back strong after most people bought a set of finesse post diabology, maybe because their a bit more forgiving as we all scramble to learn all these new tricks and three D.

maybe because we aren’t bothered that they don’t look pretty as we are less performance minded?

and maybe number three, it's all the axel kits that have come out allowing everybody to get the setup that suits them.

Basically yay circus, mind you their are some people who just buy everything aye nev

ps after trying diabigs I rekon they will deservedly increase in popularity especially if they get a uk or European supplier. physiology behind diabolo choice anybody? Peer pressure?, body image? :D

one.man.band

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2006, 06:38:09 PM »
I try to mix and match so as not to offend any particular diabolo bearing country
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Martijn

Re: D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2006, 08:18:01 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to let you guys know that the video had over 5200 hits by now! And it's the most viewed video at my Youtube account with 1220 views (and counting!) :D

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2006, 01:42:02 AM »
How many of those views are by you Tijn  ;) hehe.  It is like the sickest diabolo video that I've seen though.  However I think it needs some more 3 diabolo stuff.  I really love motivation for 3 hehe...

Le Raton Laveur

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2006, 05:52:41 PM »
Great Job. It is a really beautifull video. Nice work and a good quality. There are very good ideas and lots of people.
Nothing more to say that "pleasure for eyes"...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal