Author Topic: how long does it take to learn 3diabolos??  (Read 6033 times)

kah hoe

how long does it take to learn 3diabolos??
« on: November 16, 2006, 10:30:58 AM »
how long does it take to learn 3diabolos??

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: how long does it take to learn 3diabolos??
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:38:03 AM »
If someone ever finishes learning, perhaps they'll be able to tell you.

Have a look at the 3 diabolo threads linked to here: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=149.0    You'll be able to see some people's progress reports on learning three there.  It's impossible to say how long it takes.  It depends on the time you put into it, the way you approach it and think about it, how ready you are for it, etc.

jacky

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:18:48 PM »
is it all depent on yourself,it not a fast or slow learner it is just all about hard working.maybe you will learn in month and maybe you will learn 3 diabolo for years..

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:31:59 PM »
I just don't get why people always keep asking how long something is going to take. Just go out and diabolo! You can count the days you practice, but it doesn't make it any faster.
The Vitamin Guy

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:06:07 PM »
You know, Vitamin Guy, I think it's just a product of how busy people are and have to have things that fit into tiny pockets of space. Like how music is delivered on iTunes so you can buy just the songs you like, rather than being forced to sit down and listen to an album. Or how everything is calculated, instead of looking at a roadmap and going (or guessing), you can go to google maps and have them tell you exactly how long it's gonna take.

So in this case, it might be one of those, "it takes a year? pfff" and then he gives up. Or maybe he was hoping for like a month or a week or something.

Or maybe he was just curious about what other people thought. Who knows.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »
Well, I learned it in about 10 months.  Most my progress was made in the summer because I was able to concentrate on it alot.  Sander however got it working about 3 months?  Dunno it really varies.
So I guess around 3-10 months?

Josh

gijs

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »
I've learned it in 3 months, but then you only have a shuffel. If you have it very solid you can learn tricks

sander p

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 08:53:30 PM »
yeah i did it in 2,5 months but i practised about 2 or 3 hours a day online 3 diabolo's.

martijn

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 08:56:58 PM »
It toke me like... 2 years. Oh, wait I can't even do 3! :P

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 06:58:24 AM »
You know, Vitamin Guy...

Yeah, I know ;)
The Vitamin Guy

nev

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 08:28:56 AM »
So I guess around 3-10 months?

HaHaHa - or a LOT longer! - I had the wrap start nailed before you did Josh - that bit only took me 3 weeks to get about 90% solid - the rest however has taken the best part of a year and ................. well lets just say I still have a solid wrap start!!
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 08:46:42 AM »
3 Months?! Damn, thats crazy! I wish I could  :'(   Thank god I'm gonna get another 2 white G2's for Christmas :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

jacky

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 02:35:43 PM »
vitamin guy...kah hoe have the right to ask that,he's not in the wrong he just trying to know how long time it take to learn 3d and we should answer kah hoe what we know.if u think kah hoe is in the wrong place then you should make it clear for him..(sorry if i say anything make you don't feel good)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 03:12:45 PM »
Hey Nev, just ask Sander and gijs or look at their posts above yours.... I wish I learnt it that quickly but now I have it and IT RULES!

Mingo-May

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 06:29:29 PM »
Personally, about 1 year. I ve got 3 years of diabolos, so 1/3...I think it's good. It is frustation for myself...You know, you think you have it, but no  :-\

But now I ve got it, with many work, but I ve got it :).

I think it is question of time and will, yes, will :).

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 07:52:02 PM »
Ever heard the phrase "How long is a peice of string?"
Behind your back is your front.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 11:44:22 PM »
Hey Josh - I think you mis-understood me - I was just comenting on the fact that your 3-10 months statement may lead people to think that it should take them between 3 and 10 months to learn and some people may be discouraged if they have not got it by 10 months of trying where the reality is that some people may take a lot LOT longer (if ever).  I know some people learn stuff way faster than others (I know of at least one person that had 3 low of 50+ott in less than 2 months of first trying - others take years but may be just as good or better in the long run).

So I think the timescale should be 2 months - never.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 10:24:34 PM »
sorry just had to say this.
Quote from: guppygould
"How long is a peice of string?"

A piece of string is twice half its length

As for me it took me a year to learn 3d. But thats just to get 20 ott. I find it incredible that people get it in 3 months, but well done to them. Then again it took me a year to learn 2d so....
 Its a very variable thing, theres no guidline amount of time to learn any one thing in, its just comes to you when it does, but no doubt, if you keep at something, you will eventually get it.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Christopher

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 09:34:53 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal