Author Topic: i'm a begginer, what ar esome easy tricks? (plz)  (Read 6475 times)

The_New_diaboloist

i'm a begginer, what ar esome easy tricks? (plz)
« on: November 17, 2006, 10:22:01 PM »
hi, i'm a begginer, and can only do the trapeze, and grinds. i jsut got my diabolo today, and i wanted to learn some other ones (not too hard tho) if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate them greatly.

ty

ps, i can do harder tricks now, any help there woudl be great! ^-^

Phil189

Re: i'm a begginer, what ar esome easy tricks? (plz)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 10:31:36 PM »
hey welcome to the forum and welcome to diaboloing, some good beginner tricks to try would be suns - half sun or full sun these scared me at first but after a few weeks youll get alot better and youll find this trick very easy. Trapeze's are a good beginner trick also, they are quite easy to get a hing of after a few days. orbits are also not to hard to learn and before long youll be doing over the leg orbits. a good website to check would be www.diabolotricks.com. good luck.
phil
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

The_New_diaboloist

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:04:36 PM »
thank you very much phil :)

The_New_diaboloist

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:11:02 PM »
also, my friend does this thign when he spins the diabolo frmo one end of the tring to the other,and it gets it going really fast, i wanted to know how to do it.... anyone have any suggestions?

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 08:36:53 AM »
I would get him to show you because you always learn stuff easier if someone shows you it in person.
http://www.diabolotricks.com/Addspin.htm
Orbit Thrusts, Chinese Whip Thrusts and Chinese Snaps are the techniques that most people use to accelerate the diabolo.
Behind your back is your front.

Phil189

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 12:56:16 PM »
What i think you may be talking about is a string climb it can also be found on www.diabolotricks.com a tip for this one is to make sure the diabolo is going very fast and that the string is wraped aroung the diabolo then continue to make the diabolo spin faster, then lower your right hand while putting some tension between both the string and the diabolo and it should drift up the string this is a trick that took me a few days, hours to learn but once you get a hing of it its very good.
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

The_New_diaboloist

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 03:02:12 PM »
ty everyone :)

ps whenever i try chinese snaps the diabolo just rides up on the string, and get tangled? what am i doing wrong?

Phil189

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 04:34:31 PM »
i had that probelm your letting the diabolo grab to much string keep your string tight after the whip.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 06:51:54 PM »
It may also be because your string is old or isn't proper diabolo string.

The_New_diaboloist

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 07:35:26 PM »
wel.... im using the string that came on the sticks (alu sticks) and ive only been using for one day  ??? for 3 hours.... so..... if its the string i think ill have to change it

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 07:42:15 PM »
The string will probably alright then, it's just practice to get the technique.

The_New_diaboloist

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 08:58:54 PM »
k ty :)

Phil189

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 11:41:28 PM »
the string can definatly cous the problem your having but the string wouldnt be that old that it wouyld be causing that problem, it needs to be about 10 hours old before i find the string useless, but i defatly find having to change the string about every week or 10 hours. its a good idea to change the sting regularly as it helps for every trick.

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 02:59:15 PM »
Well I wouldn't say "for every trick" because it's just impossible to practice 2d wraps with a fresh string...
The Vitamin Guy

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 04:48:29 PM »
Well I wouldn't say "for every trick" because it's just impossible to practice 2d wraps with a fresh string...
Unless you rub soap on it.

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 06:57:36 AM »
Hmm... but is it "fresh" anymore? If you put some soap, it will get stickier, and btw, does it shorten the strings lifespan?
The Vitamin Guy

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »
Unless you rub soap on it.

or unless you unwrap instantly and start the shuffle.
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal