Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Videos of the Week Youtube account  (Read 5800 times)

martijn

Diabolo.ca Videos of the Week Youtube account
« on: November 18, 2006, 01:53:56 PM »
Hey y'all,

Some of you may still remember the "video posting: direct download AND streaming?" thread? If not, have a look through it again :)

Anyway, I was thinking it would be a great idea to upload the VotW's to Youtube, to have a quick streaming version besides the downloadable videos, for all the reasons Matt_ mentioned in his thread. So, that is what kept me busy all day yesterday, I've uploaded about 100 videos, and edited all the topics in http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?board=17.0. Diabolo.ca/tricks will be redirected to that board from now on.

So please have a look at: http://youtube.com/dcavotw and let me know what you think! If you see any mistakes or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

That's it for now.

DiaboloWebb

Re: Diabolo.ca Videos of the Week Youtube account (D.ca VotW YT account)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »
good work martijn :D nice idea whoever came up with it :D
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:23:06 PM »
Awesome! I remember someone else bringing up the idea of linking to every TOTW in youtube, but the idea was rejected as taking too much work. It's great that you put them up, that should expose the tricks of the week to a larger audience and perhaps take a bit of strain off the diabolo.ca servers.

One minor gripe: the name of the trick should be there. For example, the Feeding the sun 1-2-3 is...well....not mentioned. It just says the trick of the week, the date, and the description. I laughed when I saw the description of "it's finally here" and it doesn't say what that really is! Anyway, perhaps you should go post the login details in the mod section so I (or any other mod) can go in and edit the videos. You put in a lot of work with those uploads, I don't mind spending some time changing the titles or descriptions around. Unless you want to do it...then hey, go for it.

On a totw side note...diabolo.ca/tricks hasn't been updated in a while. Is that because only Sean knows how to work it, or did we just forget?

martijn

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
On a totw side note...diabolo.ca/tricks hasn't been updated in a while. Is that because only Sean knows how to work it, or did we just forget?

I don't know the exact reason, but I do know that we're planning to lose the Gallery format, so it doesn't really matter anymore :P

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 05:57:31 PM »
Yes, once I discussed it and decided to just post a link in the opening post I stopped updating it.

I'll redirect the main site to the child board shortly.

Enjoy your "moderator of the week" award, Martijn. ;)  I'm sure that took a long time. It's great to be able to browse through the tricks on youtube!

Graham

embedded VOTW?
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 12:28:11 PM »
Apologies for bumping a relatively old thread, but I was just checking what the forum codes were for SMF, and noticed the [flash][/ flash] tags. Doesn't this mean it's possible to embed videos of the week (and other video tutorials, etc) into their respective threads? I think that would be a really cool addition to the site.

martijn

Re: Diabolo.ca Videos of the Week Youtube account
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
Hmm I don't know. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Would it be really useful?

By the way Sean, could you redirect diabolo.ca/trick to http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?board=17.0 ? Thanks :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 02:03:38 PM »
yes, will do later today hopefully.

There is a mod to embed youtube into SMF but I wasn't able to get it working earlier. I'll have a go at it again.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 06:01:30 PM »
I know there is a mod for vB that lets you use the http://youtube.com/watch?v= tags to easily add those. For example, if you wanted to link to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9XmxR8vbc, then you would do [youtube ]SV9XmxR8vbc[/ youtube] (spaces inserted just in case this code becomes real some day). I wonder if that's what the SMF one is like.

fredo

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 07:56:08 PM »
Do we really need that (imo stupid) embed function? It just messes up forum threads, makes them load longer, causes the cursor (or what it's called) to jump back to the player, forces you to watch something you don't want to see, doesn't let you save it in your youtube favorites... I'd rather like links than players. (yes, even if they won't start automatically)

I hate embedded players! *grrrr, wuff wuff*

_Matz_

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 08:08:01 PM »
what was the e-mail to send videos of the week? i mayby have something.
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

martijn

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 08:12:14 PM »
diabolo.ca *at* gmail.com

Can also be found in the VotW board, which would have cost way less time than posting that message and waiting for an answer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal