Author Topic: My first footage :)  (Read 3046 times)

iroQuai

My first footage :)
« on: November 25, 2006, 07:09:55 PM »
Hi there,

When I was at Sziget festival in Hungary some guy asked if he could make a short movie when I was using my diabolo. but of course! I just received the movie. It's not of great quality (too bad :( ) but it's okay.

Please react, but not about the quality. If you can see what I am doing, tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance!

The movie: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hAZGhs_b4nI

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: My first footage :)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:52:36 AM »
Well nobodies said anything about this so I will. The quality wasn't very good and I was a bit dissapointed because there was no music. Maybe you should film some more stuff and make a full video with music and editing, and no voices requesting tricks  ;)

My 2c.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

seán_

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 03:12:19 AM »
Please react, but not about the quality. If you can see what I am doing, tell me what you think.

The two standout moves for me were the sun between the legs (that looks so bad when i try it) and the genocide.
For me the whip from snap the violin string was a bit vicious for my tastes and didn't flow as well as your other stuff.
Keep at it.
Sean_
BTW do you ever use a larger diabolo? I find the smaller ones difficult.

iroQuai

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 12:54:01 PM »
@ Will_: You are completely right, it would be a lot better if I could record some more stuff, take care of the quality and edit it. Too bad I do not have the right equipment for it (Camera, pc that is fast enough). At least, not yet.

This is a small movie some guy made who was passing by. I am happy with this already, because it is the first time I got recorded while diaboloing. :D

Hope to find some equipment soon!

@Seán_: The sun between the legs is a trick I really like :) especially because it goes so smooth and its easy to continue with other tricks. At this moment, almost half a year later, I can do the genocide to inf. suicide to magic knot, and sometimes i succeed in a genocide after the magic knot :)

Good point about the whipcatch! It is true that is doesn't go as smooth as the rest of the tricks - that is something to pay attention too! thanks for the advice.

and about the size of the diabolo's; I know you are right, but most of the time I take the small diabolo's because it's more easy to take them with me in my bag :D An other reason is that I only have one bigger diabolo (finesse II) and two smaller (henry's Jazz) so if I want to practice two I need the two jazz diabolo's. Soon I'm going to buy a second finesse and then I'll probably switch to those... it's really easier  :)

jammy

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »
this is one of my first ones to!
it was very windy day! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWZhn8_Mow

tell me how bad it is..............
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:43:01 AM »
Quote from: jammy
tell me how bad it is..............

It was actually not that bad EXCEPT for the whole film on the side! Lol but I can't exactly remember my first footage being perfect ;) I don't think many of us have.. I did like the armstall fingergrind though.

Ah.. Jumbo Harlequins.. Bring back memories :P
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal