Author Topic: [VIDEO] Necropeaches (Silver Creek Jugglers)  (Read 10651 times)

Matt_

• Donator
[VIDEO] Necropeaches (Silver Creek Jugglers)
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:53:04 AM »
On this early morning/late night of November 30th, 2006, I present to you a new juggling video (not that you deserve it): the Silver Creek Jugglers (who..?) are back on video again. Matt Brown, Chris Garcia, David Pham, and even half a second of Matt Hall are featured.

This video showcases exactly what I love about juggling: it's fun. There are no rules. I might not be as good as lots of other people at juggling and my videos aren't as exhilarating or feature the latest technical hotness, but that doesn't matter because I love what I do. Moments like these (the release of a new video) are exciting because I get to share a bit of myself with you, the viewer.

WARNING: This video contains death metal, use of the "****" and "bitch" words, more than one type of prop used at the same time, improper use of a fisheye lens, gratuitous use of fast forward and slow-mo, and cheesy puns. Watch at your own risk. Do not attempt to even think about trying to attempt to think about possibly doing anything contained within without first knowing everything you're getting into. Be careful. You might just have fun without knowing it.

I hope you like it. And if not, that's cool too.

*links deleted*

Christopher

Re: [VIDEO] Necropeaches (Silver Creek Jugglers)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:02:37 PM »
Thats amazing, i like the part where you joked us by putting chris instead of trash in the bonus section.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:33:52 PM »
"Take that Sharpes!", Matt Hall.  AHAHAHAHAHA

I liked most the stuff that I saw but I didn't really like the music  :-\  Oh well.  Chris is getting really quite good XD  and that excalibur start was insane!  Tutorial?  haha

Josh

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:55:25 PM »
good tricks guys, shame about the music though
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 10:39:42 PM »
I liked the music. and the trash can. And the video. good stuff!
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 01:00:14 AM »
I liked the whole effect. Not the same old boring diabolo video. Oh, the bonus trash section... nice ;)

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 06:38:09 AM »
Nice. The some of the tricks were good as usual but it wasn't SCJ at its best in my opinion. I liked some of the jokes too :)

Oh and Matt_, You are a right handed diaboloist but a left handed juggler too?!  :D
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 07:54:57 AM »
Nice. The some of the tricks were good as usual but it wasn't SCJ at its best in my opinion. I liked some of the jokes too :)

Oh and Matt_, You are a right handed diaboloist but a left handed juggler too?!  :D

you don't see the difference between a left and right hander when a few people juggles, only diaboloing tells mostly.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 08:02:30 AM »
For some reason, some of my ball juggling tricks are left handed like shower patterns and 4/6/8 balls. I don't know why that is, I've always felt more comfortable doing it that way.

jake

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 10:10:43 AM »
awesome video guys!

sweet moves in the 3d area chris  ;)   awesome xcalibur too!

also i loved the editing and but of humor in the beginning...you had me expecting to see a few of those captions...

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »
you don't see the difference between a left and right hander when a few people juggles, only diaboloing tells mostly.

Umm.. Did you watch the video? Matt does a shower pattern thing with four balls. You can tell a lefty from a righty in a shower pattern (obviously..)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Christopher

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »
I didn't have enough time, so i just watched the diabolo parts, i did watch some other parts but i didn't concentrate on that.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 11:10:54 AM »
For some reason, some of my ball juggling tricks are left handed like shower patterns and 4/6/8 balls. I don't know why that is, I've always felt more comfortable doing it that way.

Thats the same for me. I write with my right hand, but throw with my left, diabolo with my right, juggle with my left.. Weird..

fredo

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 11:36:07 AM »
I know some others doing like that. nothing unusual.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »
I know some others doing like that. nothing unusual.

Yay! I'm not a freak! :P Lol Fredo yeah I thought that it wouldn't be that wierd..

martijn

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »
You're not a freak, you're ambidextrous! I still prefer starting 5 balls from my left, because some stupid book told me so, when I tried to learn 3. With 6 and 7 though, I prefer starting from my righthand.

Back to the video, that was nice! Some good old stuff as we're used from the SCJ :) I really liked the "Take that Sharpes!" from Matt Hall, and how the metal fitted the intro. I didn't like the 2nd song that much. Not my cup of tea.

Christopher

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 03:17:25 PM »
Thats the same for me. I write with my right hand, but throw with my left, diabolo with my right, juggle with my left.. Weird..

I diabolo with my right, not sure which when juggling but the only time i use my left hand is when i use scissors.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 01:18:53 AM »
Dear friends and jugglers (or both if that pertains to you both ways),

When a video has "Silver Creek Jugglers" on it, it means something special. I put a lot of pride into my work and juggling and so do Chris, David, Matt (Hall), and Matt (Fernandez). I expect only the best, and so should you, the viewer. It means a lot to me when someone watches the video and honestly speaks their mind. It feels great when someone sincerely tells me something good. It also means a lot to me when I get an honest critique.

I created the last video, NecroPeaches, between 1AM and 4AM on one day (or night?). That includes thinking of the idea, capturing clips, ripping CDs, editing, encoding, uploading, and posting. I had to watch the video many times to make sure that everything was correct and that there were no errors. I was pleased with the video so I released it. However, upon release, I ended up getting the usual comments--but this time, they were mostly negative. I don't attribute it to the late night editing session, I was just throwing it out there before this video disappears forever.

So upon review of the video, with your comments in mind and for your consideration, I am removing this video from the internet. If you still have it, feel free to keep it, show your friends, make fun of it, love it, do whatever you want. I will be removing it from my site and removing it from YouTube. I will keep some clips from this video, refilm others, film new material and use all of that to create something new that will live up to the high standards that I've set for myself.

Our first two videos, "Juggling at Gunn" and the Winterfest performance video, were both testing the waters of what SCJ could do in a video. I had made juggling videos beforehand, and they were horrible (that's why you won't find those on youtube ;)) but this time, something special was happening. Throughout my semester break from college, I visited Silver Creek High School and with the talent of Chris, David, and Hall-sensei I created the February video, one of my most proud moments in video creation (only rivaled by 2003's [non juggling] Shumis). I've had thousands of views of that video and the negative comments (mainly about the Gabba La La tune) have been greatly dominated by the positive comments. I also released the Matt Hall & Ryo Yabe show (big thanks to Ben for the footage) and Tech Boxez which were both huge hits. Since then, I made One Better and the Berkeley Fest Highlights, both of which I felt were lacking in content. Necropeaches just continues the degradation and as I look back on it, I'm ashamed. I failed myself, and I failed you.

This video may be gone, but from its ashes will rise a much better work.

Sincerely,
Matt Brown

PS. Another new video (unrelated to this mess) is coming soon. Keep a look out.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 02:07:25 AM »
I am removing this video from the internet.

Aw man, I didn't even get to see it yet! I bet it was a lot better tha you think it was, Matt_!

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 02:26:32 AM »
Sorry! Maybe someone will PM you and hook you up with the video (wink wink).

Anyway, I decided to re-edit the intro a little and post it as a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9XmxR8vbc
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6381725946290970597&hl=en

The music is still the same, because I love Necrophagist, and it's just a trailer so I don't have to make anyone happy, even myself :D

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 10:44:43 AM »
I can't believe I missed it. :( If anyone can send it to me it would be much appreciated.
Behind your back is your front.

martijn

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 01:10:38 PM »
Dude, seriously, what the hell are you thinking? It was awesome, put it back up there man! :-\

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »
I don't think that the video sucked. And I loved the music. I watched that video tons of times and I liked it. However, the reason it's gone is because it has a huge potential to be better. There are clips lying around on my hard drive already that aren't in that video. I want to refilm some of that stuff because of the annoying fisheye (for one it was dirty, so you see that in the way...and it wasn't for that camera so you see it moving around a lot and you can hear it too...ugh). And Chris, David, and I still have more to film, plus I want to get more Matt Hall/Matt Fernandez action in there as well. In other words, it's a good video, but I don't like making good videos. I like making awesome videos. Kickass videos. Videos that define what it's like to be in the AWESOME folder that one keeps on their hard drive, one that you'll watch over and over. I've defined my awesome folder with Feel Good, Imperfect Cirquel, DCA collab video, Heart of a Champion, and many others. I want each and every one of my creations to be up to those standards.

The footage you've seen is not going to waste. The main thing that brought me to this decision to pull the video was when I was going to bed the same day I posted the video. I was thinking of a new combo that I'd gotten solid just that day, and some new siteswaps I was talking to Chris about, and some box stuff I was talking to David about. I realized that we had much more to film...and I also realized that I was tired of making movie of the week style creations. Michael Karas and Wes Peden do great weekly style clipshow thingies, but I can't do that. I need to be epic, to create something that you can actually sit down and watch as a presentation, as a film. Since I didn't want to have repeat clips, I decided to take down this video because I will reuse those clips.

Trust me folks, you're not missing anything, and you'll understand when the next video is posted. You'll be glad I pulled this one ;)

martijn

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 07:25:21 PM »
That makes more sense :) Thanks.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 06:32:14 PM »
Building suspense for the next video? -I know I can't wait.
Behind your back is your front.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 07:09:05 AM »
Yeah, my first trailer!  :o

Beni

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 10:33:34 PM »
I loved the trailer, especially the "with new tricks" bit with the high toss hahaha! It's a shame I  missed the original video, but I have faith in Matt_'s decision.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal