Author Topic: 2 diabolos, back/frontwrap suicide tutorial  (Read 24518 times)

wes

• VotW Contributor
2 diabolos, back/frontwrap suicide tutorial
« on: January 05, 2005, 08:38:46 AM »
Today, I made a video of 2diabolos backwrap and frontwrap suicide.
http://www37.tok2.com/home/wataru/movie/juggling/edited/rsticktutorial.mpg
They are not new tricks, but a boy in Japan asked me how to do these tricks.

If you are practicing these, you can refer to this video.

Thank you.

nezzybaby

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 09:38:15 AM »
was that the music from super mario land??

something ive neglected to work on for a while, so may get back to trying these later today cheers for doing it in slow motion

diabololi

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 11:17:15 AM »
soooo confusing! Is it just a normal vortex but with a suicide instead of a backwrap to reverse it at the end?

Thanks
Oli

P.S.doo doo da doo doo dooo de dooo dooo dooo di duu doooo - gotta love that song!

seán_

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 02:51:41 PM »
thanks Wes, could you talk us through the tricks if possible? (I am easily confused :) )

Martijn

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 04:04:58 PM »
Thanks for the tutorial Wes, but it confuses me. I don't get it :?

wes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 04:22:02 PM »
Quote from: diabololi
Is it just a normal vortex but with a suicide instead of a backwrap to reverse it at the end?

The important points of this video is 'suicide' part. In 'Back side' part, I did suicide instead of backwrap, and in 'Front side' part, I did it instead of frontwrap. Vortex and Arm-stall are just ornaments at the end. :wink:

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 04:30:20 PM »
The part of the trick that Wes is referring to is the suicide part at the end of each trick. Basically, you do a normal vortex and then when that diabolo is coming back to your dominant hand you let go of the stick, it wraps around the diabolo, and you catch the stick and deal with the wrap.

Priam has one of the first versions of this trick online (Laché vers Noeud) at the bottom of this page and indicates that he believes the trick was discovered by Eric.

So, when you release the stick you can either have it do a front wrap or backwrap. I think the most common trick is the front wrap where you can do a normal vortex again and again (popularized in online videos by Trash). Tony Frebourg usually does a backwrap version throws that diabolo down and then vortexes again. This is the same thing with an extra step.

So, the hard part is learning the control to switch between front and backwrap versions. For me, for example, I usually do the front wrap version and I have to think about it if I want to do the backwrap version.

If you are confused about what I mean by the infinite version here's an old video I have:
http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/sean_2d_infinite_frontwrap_suicides.mpg (800k)

(oh, just realized - to make this more confusing, Wes and I refer to the various wraps in reverse. His backwrap is what I have called a front wrap #-o )

Sean

Martijn

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 04:45:41 PM »
Quote from: Sean
Basically, you do a normal vortex and then when that diabolo is coming back to your dominant hand you let go of the stick, it wraps around the diabolo, and you catch the stick and deal with the wrap.

That's a good explanation! I tried this several times (sun to knot and when the diab is coming back to my dominant hand => suicide) But it all ends up in a tangled up mess. :( I don't have enough time to let the stick travel around the diabolo to wrap it. Any tips?

wes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 06:03:32 PM »
Quote from: Sean
(oh, just realized - to make this more confusing, Wes and I refer to the various wraps in reverse. His backwrap is what I have called a front wrap  )

oh, I mistake the means of frontwrap and backwrap! 'frontwrap' in my video means 'backwrap' and 'backwrap' in the video means 'frontwap'. sorry, everyone. :cry:  It is need to correct the video about it... And thank you Sean for explaining in details! :D

Quote from: Martijn
But it all ends up in a tangled up mess.  I don't have enough time to let the stick travel around the diabolo to wrap it. Any tips?

hmm, if you do frontwrap with suicide, you can return 2diab shuffle with vortex (like the Sean's video), and if you do backwrap, you can't return with vortex, but you can return by whip etc.(like Tony)  And it is need for diabolo which comes back to your dominant hand to come back with speed to some extent. If you move your non-dominant hand a lot, the speed of diabolo decreases, and you can't have enough time to let the stick move around the diabolo. This problem also made me trouble for a long time. :wink:

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 06:56:36 PM »
Quote from: wes
And it is need for diabolo which comes back to your dominant hand to come back with speed to some extent. If you move your non-dominant hand a lot, the speed of diabolo decreases, and you can't have enough time to let the stick move around the diabolo. This problem also made me trouble for a long time. :wink:

THANK YOU! :D Now I got it :D I don't vortex it out, but just hold the wrap (backwrap) and unwrap it back into to shuffle :)

Thanks again for the tip: let it come back FAST! :wink:

wes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 07:10:21 AM »
Now, I corrected my mistake and put the video online again.  Sorry for mistaking.

Quote from: Martijn
THANK YOU! :D Now I got it :D I don't vortex it out, but just hold the wrap (backwrap) and unwrap it back into to shuffle :)

Good! The more you practice it harder, the smoothly you can do the trick. Moreover you can arrange the trick for yourself!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 10:34:37 AM »
Does wes still diabolo much? I haven't seen any new stuff from him in a while, although he did make a post in January.
Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 11:07:43 AM »
As far as I know he's still very busy with school, but he does play diabolo every now and then. I think he spends most of his time on 3 diabolo's (and he should! :D). A bit too busy to post here on the forum I think. Wes, you out there?

_Matz_

Re: 2 diabolos, back/frontwrap suicide tutorial
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 08:02:19 PM »
tijn, Can you uptade your upload? 404 file not found.
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

Martijn

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 08:52:22 PM »
Yup, thanks for noticing. It's back up.

mo3

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:16 PM »
thx for the reupload Tijn, i was unsuccessfully looking for that tutorial :D

_Matz_

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:10 PM »
cheers.
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

smallocean

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 05:36:48 AM »
I am really curious about this trick, and want to learn this trick, but i can't download this tutorial.
Could anyone please help me?
thanks a lot!

Tidus

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »
same here! none of the links seem to work anymore.
can anyone re-upload the tutorial please? (or film a new one?  :P)
Juggling! Because everything else requires only one ball.

traPACK

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 07:26:02 PM »
i´m also for reup 8)
For downloading from youtube use programm called jdownloader. It's freeware, just google it up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal