Author Topic: Late backwrap exit (& dealing with unwanted BW & FW'  (Read 16316 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Late backwrap exit (& dealing with unwanted BW & FW'
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 07:24:10 AM »
If I understand correctly, one of the main problems you are asking about is discussed at length in this thread with some interesting solutions.

TimEllis

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 03:42:37 AM »
This will probably have a very simple answer.......but often I will end up with an unwanted wrap on the left side.  I can get out of either one, but my trouble comes with discerning which wrap is on.  I'll often think I'm backwrapped, and try to unwrap, with not very pleasant results.  Is there an easy way to tell which wrap is on the diabolo?
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 08:01:17 AM »
just look at the string thats closer to you. try this with an unspinning diabolo. do a FW, then look at it. try a BW and then look at it. they look different, and that should tell you which way to unwrap it. that's what i do (in a faster way) on doing continuous mini-genocides, so i know which way to let the string unwrap.

martijn

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »
Or you can just do a stick- or armstall: if there's a twist in the string, you can unbackwrap it with left, if there isn't, you can armstallswing it out. Or you can wrap it again (after knowing which wrap there's involved) and do some fancy knotstealing/transfer stuff to get out of the wrap :)

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 04:44:13 PM »
I use the same thing as martijn, just do an armstall and watch the string.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal