Author Topic: Ryo Yabe at WJF  (Read 29876 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 08:51:58 PM »
Quote from: busk
my quicktime player can't read it!
VLC is good as Barnesy mentioned (although I believe it doesn't work on OS9). Your other option is to update your Quicktime player!

Xam

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 08:56:07 PM »
I like !
I think Ryo Yabe is one of better diabolists in the world, after tony, because he do with 4 diabolos perfect, no like Ryo, who arrived only some catch, but it's ever well !
I love the sprinkler, and the start with duicide.
How many time does Ryo work at diabolos ?

I'm new on this Forum, and I'm 15 years old only (and I'm French), so if my English is to bad could you inform me ? Please ?
Xam (other on jongle.net, james)

My first video : http://nochevalier.free.fr/DIABOLICAL.AVI

Sean

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 09:05:03 PM »
Ton anglais me semble bon, James. Ne tu inquiétes pas. Welcome. :D

Tony is the best with 4 diabolos right now. Definitely. I believe Ryo has far more 3 diabolo tricks than Tony does, though (and 2 diabolo tricks... and 1 diabolo tricks). It just depends on what they have worked on.

Xam

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
I agree with you sean !
Xam (other on jongle.net, james)

My first video : http://nochevalier.free.fr/DIABOLICAL.AVI

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »
Yeah, about the tricks. Ok Tony has a perfect 4 (when it works ofcourse  :wink: ) but Ryo could wipe the floor at anything else. His 1 diab work is similar in the whip/duicide sense, but Ryo is much smoother and has some killer genocides and Japanese string figures. 2 Diabolos - Tony's sprinklers are good, but Ryo's are better, much better, blah blah blah. 3 low - Ryo can sun all day, Tony can barely do one, Ryo can do around the leg all day, Tony can barely do it for very long at all, i guess Tony wins the sprinkler contest as the one he caught on camera lasted longer, but back to Ryo... stalls, backwraps, siteswaps, stupid other stuff, and he can start low, unlike Tony :wink:  3 high, its a hard one, but Ryo's is beautiful, 3up pirouettes with so much finesse (who likes my diabolo reference?) and just much smoother. They both have great stage presence, although Ryo is freindly and Tony is ****y.

Conclusion - Tony is a better show off (including stupid flips aswell), but Yabe is the better diabolist. I (and i'm sure a lot of people) would love to see a Ryo Vs Tony vid if they are both up for it :wink:

Or at least Ryo could get some more clips online.

Wow, i havnt written a long post like that yet, cool.

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 12:24:02 PM »
Quote from: norbi

Conclusion - Tony is a better show off (including stupid flips aswell), but Yabe is the better diabolist. I (and i'm sure a lot of people) would love to see a Ryo Vs Tony vid if they are both up for it :wink:

I think its impossible to say that Yabe is better diabolist than Tony.. is Baptiste better than Antonin?.. or is Erik better than Quentin or Lucas..

As i know they all can do tricks that another of these cant and that is one awesome thing in diabolo generally..

I dont like tony's style very much, but he have done 9 catches with 5d and can run 4d more than 2 minutes.. these are very impressive numbers..     :roll:

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2005, 01:40:59 PM »
Antonin is the best in the world  :wink:

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 10:47:54 PM »
Hehe, yes Norbi, Antonin is the best in the world, because the WJF is just so all-encompassing, just like Jason said it would be. :D

Just kidding, Jason did a great job, and it definitely had more good people than IJA's did.

Hopefully Tony and Jibe will be there next year, it's good that there's a scoring system.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 08:27:49 AM »
Yeah, and maybe some brits, like Donald for example, and some more Japs, and anyone else, it was too french this year. I'd really like to judge it again, that was great fun (and you cant lose). I guess we'll wait and see.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2005, 02:44:26 PM »
woops, something i missed, i dont know how i over looked this, and sorry i didnt get any shuffle before hand, i just wasnt ready. Also for all those silly silly people that said Ryo only went into armstall becuase he couldnt do it normally, here is.... a regular 3 diabolo sun from Ryo
http://norbithejuggler.co.uk/movies/ryosun.mov

Enjoy (not that it's anything special these days)
also note that he holds the last diabolo in a grind for a second whilst the shuffle gets to the right time, i wonder if that was a concious desicion.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2005, 04:30:15 PM »
I would so love to see a Tony Vs Ryo video. It would be so the coolest thing ever.  :D
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2005, 04:49:21 PM »
nice to see this active again. I posted that video of him doing a regular sun a little while back when it was dead. No-one even said thank you, typical. I'd love to just see some more Ryo, hey Sean (or Matt) wanna talk to him about filming some more stuff?

Vojtas

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2005, 05:16:57 PM »
Quote from: norbi
Hey Sean (or Matt) wanna talk to him about filming some more stuff?

That would be nice.. I wanna see some his moves with one diabolo. I really like his style. It's sooo different, sooo japanese  :lol:

btw: Norbi, thanks for that video  8)
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Chiok

• Donator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2005, 05:42:30 PM »
Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw
It's sooo different, sooo japanese  :lol:
He is very japanese isn't he.  Even looks it...  I like his style too, everything looks so easy to him, like all top diaboloists, knows exactly where the diabolos and the string is.  Amazing,

Chiok
(Norbi, props for hosting the clip, in multi-player format  :wink: I hate wma's too, but they're so small!  I really should get VLC, I just like winamp too much.)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sean

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005, 02:58:37 AM »
Quote from: Pete
I would so love to see a Tony Vs Ryo video. It would be so the coolest thing ever.

Me too! I've talked to Ryo about coming to an EJC and diaboloing with Tony. That would be a great moment for diabolo. Ryo would love to do that some day, in fact he pretty much idolizes Tony. Whenever you talk about Tony, Ryo will say "VERY good diabolist" and he can't get enough of Tony videos.

Sort of reminds me of the Thomas Dietz-Jason Garfield idolization thing. The idolizer has surpased the idol in many ways.

Twilite

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2005, 09:57:44 AM »
I'm ashamed to say that's the first time I've heard of this guy  :oops:  But I was blown away  :shock: , I sure won't forget who he is!

I ride trials bikes quite seriously, and the problem is the same there with comparing riders as it is with diaboloists; as it's such a close knit, unpublicised discipline, judging who is better than who often comes down to exposure. I've only seen that one video of Ryo, but have seen much more of Antonin and Eric etc. It's not like football or whatever where the people are on TV every five minutes, most of us (except those that hang out with these guys) only get to see the odd clip, and have to make judgements based on that.
That's my theory anyway.
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

Chiok

• Donator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2005, 11:09:03 AM »
That's a very good point though.  There are so many brilliant jugglers and diaboloists that are off the radar because they don't have a video camera or can't make it to conventions or don't have the internet (though more people have the internet than have TV).  I have to say I hadn't heard of many of the big hitters other than the MFP and Barnesy and Norbi.  Now having this forum means potentially all people's skills can be seen so we can all bask in awe.

I would like to see more of Ryo's 3D stuff though.  Shame that neither him nor Tony really have that many videos online.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

nezzybaby

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 12:00:48 PM »
dont be afraid to download VLC player... its a tiny program that couldn't be any simpler, uses up minimal ram when running is a real touch of class. Winamp is a great program, but mostly for internet TV and Radio, otherwise it just fills your ram and slows your somputer more than it needs to. VLC works for quicktime files any divx or xvid codecs, and also DVDs etc. TOtally worth downloading

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

trust me you need it saves downloading a million codecs or having a million players.

Think Tony hads a lot of videos online, and there are a few Ryo ones on his website, check out the following if you havent already:

www.artofdiabolo.com
www.tonyfrebourg.com
http://www.hogonopro.com/~ryo/

and because i like him and he speaks to me on messenger you also have to see wes' site:

http://wessite.hp.infoseek.co.jp/juggling/index_e.html

Twilite

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2005, 12:13:41 AM »
Wow, just watched the IJA 2004 in Buffalo video on the Ryo site. Was amazing, super flowy, super smooth style. Was different to watch and had me glued.
Was a little disappointed with the 3D work, but I guess you have to stop eventually. I'm more a 1D fan (because I can try and do that!) so I was amazed.

Call this a stereotypical generalisation (even racist if you much, I apologise), I admit I am guessing on race alone, but is Ryo the guy who was doing the loop diabolo vid a while back? I tried finding a link but couldn't, sorry.
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

seán_

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2005, 01:19:07 AM »
Quote from: Twilite

<clip :( > but is Ryu the guy who was doing the loop diabolo vid a while back? I tried finding a link but couldn't, sorry.

Yukky
mention and some links (possibly dead) in Barnesys loop routine thread or hit google

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal