Author Topic: Posting Videos  (Read 3394 times)

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
Posting Videos
« on: January 15, 2005, 09:13:09 AM »
I'm looking  for some general advise on posting videos to the forum. As in, I have a video I would like to post, whats the best way to go about it.

Do I paste a link into the message?
Do I need to load the video to the internet somehow?
Do I need to have a website?
Is it better to remove sound, to reduce size (thats if sound can be removed)?
Recommendations on different formats?

Please assume stupidity on my part for replies!

Thanks

Ronnie2tone
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

Rusty

Posting Videos
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 09:32:16 AM »
You will first have to upload the video to the internet, either a homepage or you can use http://www.jugglethis.net/ and upload it there.

Then you post a message with the link for the video.

As for the sound it depends on the length of the video, a montage of tricks usually has some kind of music, while a single trick, it doesn't really matter.

Mpeg is the format that most people can play, but it does not have the best compression so Avi and Wmv is also options.

Rusty, Norway

seán_

Posting Videos
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 06:15:16 PM »
What rusty said.

But also. be aware of hosting a video if you have bandwidth limits on you webspace. You will be suprised how quickly downloading a video will chew this up. (eh MattF?)

If you are in the UK for example and have Blueyonder broadband you dont seem to have worries about it. so check what your ISP offers you. French jugglers seem to have their own ISP that is bandwidth friendly as well.

I like the Idea of jugglethis.net that is a great service offered by Tom Allen (i believe) for the juggling world.

Sean has offered advice on video compression in another thread, this may be of some use to you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal