Author Topic: Diabolo injuries  (Read 117876 times)

Dax

Diabolo injuries
« on: January 16, 2005, 09:24:43 PM »
Has anyone been attacked by their diabolo?

The other day i was diong a trick and the diabolo curled up and cracked me in the face giving me a red mark for a few days.

Anyone had anything more serious happen to them?

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabolo injuries
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 09:31:54 PM »
I feel for you man; in fact, just a few minutes I got clocked in the eye with mine; couldn't open it comfortably for about five minutes. kind of ironic; I wrestle, and yet get more injured by some rubber toys than by rollin' around on the mats

Never anything serious though, I've never heard of anything really bad happen.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

el_grimley

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 11:49:42 PM »
If you drop a fast spinning diabolo it'll leave you with burns. When these scab over it lookes like you've been hacking at your arms witha knife.

Graham
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:57:05 PM »
Quote from: el_grimley
If you drop a fast spinning diabolo it'll leave you with burns. When these scab over it lookes like you've been hacking at your arms with a knife.

My career as a forearm model has been forever ruined by that very phenomenon.

lemony

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 12:30:17 AM »
i learned recently that if you decide to do underleg orbits in shorts that you have to be careful to stop the string rubbing... i still have a scar where it did a cheesewire job on the inside of my knee
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

Yoda

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 02:06:01 AM »
Lots of marks on my neck, doing guillotine.
Once I threw my diabolo high, and when i caught it the string breaked, the diabolo gave me 2 red marks on my chicks, :oops:  It looked like I was wearing makeover lol

[]s
Lucas Machado

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 07:44:51 AM »
If you drop a fast spinning diabolo it'll leave you with burns. When these scab over it lookes like you've been hacking at your arms witha knife.

Graham

MAN, no kidding. i wore long sleeves to school for a few days and i had to carefully explain this one to my mom. im getting a lot better at just moving it around the arm, havent bounced one off in a few days  :roll:

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 02:51:15 PM »
Same for me.. scratches on my arm.. and when I was learning 2 diabolo's I even got 1 in my eye, quite painful, and caused some awkward questions like "did you have a fight, haha?" and "been naughty again?" :?

Yesterday I got my strangest diabolo-injury ever: a red arched scratch on my hip.. don't ask me how.. it just happened..

martijn

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 03:38:44 PM »
My neck when I was practising quillotine and that kind of tricks (don't practise it anymore) and on my arms due to the Fan, and around the arm tricks. Although, with my new Finesses G2 ( \:D/ ) I only have a few scratches, Arjan gets huge scars with his Finesses G1...

el_grimley

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 06:58:15 PM »
Quote from: Sean
My career as a forearm model has been forever ruined by that very phenomenon.

Showing off that musular right arm.... :P :D

Quote from: Matt_

Dude thats awful. My worst experience was just after one of my house mates ex's had slight his wrists. I was wearing long sleves for a while too.

Graham
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.

staticjuggler

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 09:58:32 PM »
Matt_, is that toilet paper I see in your second picture?

Static
www.staticjuggler.com

How mad would a wood chuck get if a big neon pink Koala bear named Ishtar ran into the woods and chucked all the wood before the woodchuck could chuck the wood?

seán_

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 10:08:49 PM »
Quote from: staticjuggler

Static

of course how else do you deal with diabolo injuries?
never mind that anyway, isn't that a yo yo?

Arjan

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 11:37:18 PM »
I think everyone has scars from playing diabolo tricks, I got mine from espacially the S-Fan. I have this one which really is like a wound, not like a scratch or something, not this one actually bleeds  :cry:

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 05:10:44 AM »
Dude thats awful. My worst experience was just after one of my house mates ex's had slight his wrists. I was wearing long sleves for a while too.

yeah man. especially having to explain to my mom, my friends, my entire baseball team...it gets difficult especially when they dont know what a diabolo is.

Quote from: staticjuggler

of course it is, i use it for blowing my nose, wiping computer screen, desk, etc. it's better than a box of tissues because it takes up less space, doesnt deteriorate and make a flurry of particles everywhere, it's more absorbent, and it's cheaper.

Quote from: seán_
never mind that anyway, isn't that a yo yo?

yeah, a really crappy one though. it was a gag gift from my mom for christmas, she knew that i loved doing diabolo so she got me a tiny yoyo just for yuks  :lol:

Tom Derrick

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 09:33:46 AM »
I had a couple of marks on my face and neck just after I learnt neck bounces. A bit of friction burn, and once turning the wrong way, so that it rolled towards me.
I've had some trouble with back whips, due to me frequently messing it up. I've whipped my leg several times, and I once followed through into my eye.

Eduardo

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 11:40:04 AM »
Yeah I whipped my eye once too, several small scars on my arms from arm orbits and sometimes I get hit in my chin or mouth too...
The worst one was one day when it tangled and I had my tongue out of my mouth (I used to keep like licking my lips while learning new tricks)
I bit my tongue and it bleeded a lot... :P

Tom_G

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 05:43:19 PM »
I've got the trademark arm scratches, but I also have some nasty cuts on my right index finger where I've been doing finger grinds too much with a Circus :)

I was emotionally injured when I was practicing in a different room to normal and whipped a light bulb out of its socket :oops:
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 06:17:54 PM »
Quote from: Tom_G
I was emotionally injured when I was practicing in a different room to normal and whipped a light bulb out of its socket

Oh right, I guess I had repressed a similar memory. I once whipped a set of 3 light fixtures off a ceiling.

In the apartment I'm living in now it's not uncommon to catch the fire sprinkler in a whip. Hasn't gone off yet. :P

lemony

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »
i can sympethise about the neck bounce and finger grind injries, i'm currently sporting a few of my own... at the minute some of the most painful ones i have are friction burns/cuts from doing solid loop tricks... they sting
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 11:59:45 PM »
Yup, similar story here. Once had a nice collection of nose scars from practising passing the diabolo back and forward across the face.

Well nearly passing :)
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal