Author Topic: Diabolo injuries  (Read 126467 times)

JamBam

Re: Diabolo injuries
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2006, 07:52:26 PM »
is everyone here too advanced to have damaged themdelves just throwing and catching? I managed to land a very high throw directly onto my manhood. I was alone and cried silently to myself. Am I the only one?

Arjan

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2006, 07:56:01 PM »
Catching  the diabolo while pointing one stick to the axle doesn`t mean to point your own stick at it. Remember that, or you`ll be in a world of pain!  :twisted:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2006, 08:36:26 PM »
Quote from: Arjan
Catching  the diabolo while pointing one stick to the axle doesn`t mean to point your own stick at it. Remember that, or you`ll be in a world of pain!  :twisted:
Ha! Damn Arjan, if I had a coffee at that time, I'd be wiping it off my screen.

Diabolo is rather exciting, isn't it?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

martijn

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2006, 10:37:58 PM »
Tell me about it, Chiok. Arjan was so rude at EJC at some point that it left me, John and the guys speechless! Actually, that was all we talked about the entire week! :P

Arjan

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2006, 10:41:01 PM »
Let`s not make this personal  :wink:  Or you can get injured by something else than just your diabolo  :twisted:

You we`re saying rude??  :roll:

Jeppe

« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2006, 05:03:19 PM »
i was practicing 2d high on this sunny day outside.i stupid me i looked straight to the sun! well i dont really remember what happened next but i remember that diabolo hit straight onto my face for like 15 meters throw my glasses broke.and i got wound right under my eye.

matthewthegreat

« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2006, 05:11:59 PM »
That sounds like that hurt!!

Jeppe

« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2006, 07:11:48 PM »
yes it did hurt a lot.

James B

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2006, 01:23:47 AM »
The wounds on my arms from learning arm tricks are starting to fade now, although it does still look like I've tried to fight off a rabid housecat.

"Aha, yes, this trick is a personal favourite of mi-ARGH!"
My Diabolos are apple flavoured.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »
I've had just way too many! I'll list some.
Scars all over my wrists, Two times causing me to bleed and need a bandage. (Many questions asked)  :'(
Scar about 1cm off my left eye from neck bounces with a badly scratched Beach
Unwrapped inf. to the face. TWICE! My God it was painful!
S-fans/Fans to the.. Um.. Yeah you get the point
Multiple deep purple bruises to the shins
Extremely bad blisters and callouses all across my fingers, Anyone know how to deal with this..? ???
Half of my big toe-nail ripped off.. Don't ask..  ::)
Many others.. Don't want to Flood this thread with about 1-2 pages of injuries though.  ;)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

greendiabolo

« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2006, 07:18:39 AM »
not any injuries but i sometimes get the diabolo on my face or something.i dont get any marks though

Damien_s_fear

« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2006, 06:42:19 AM »
Hmm i got hit in the face by my carbon handstick after catching a quad genocide, the string wrapped and hit me in the face.  ;D
Also had a few near misses with organ grinds!
But my best one i spent a whole day trying chest high throws with a double pirouette and low catch, got myself so worked up i threw my diabolo on the floor, it bounced and hit me where it hurts ;) which made me more mad so i threw the whole lot as far away from me as i could, Needless to say holly trees are not nice to climb and untangle diabolo strings from  ;D And to make it worse it was a hot day and i was topless  >:(
Total damage for that day, Painfull groin region, scars all over upper body and a VERY dented pride!

Jd

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2006, 09:49:40 PM »
just now i was doing neck trampoline and i did it at an angle and i hit my eye with the rim of the diabolo  :o  :(  :o
Jd =)

Gotrice32312

« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2006, 01:02:52 AM »
:P
I have had cuts on finger joints, scratches, bruises, etc...
the worst, though was when I ripped my thumbnail off from doing a leg trick.
This was all when I used a chinese yoyo, which has nice little holes in the side for fitting fingernails into...
Proves that diabolo>chinese yoyo!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2006, 08:48:11 AM »
I've got a solution for the blisters on fingers. Cycling gloves cover the joints and leave the rest of your fingers outside of the glove.
Behind your back is your front.

Ethos

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2006, 02:25:20 AM »
I was doing a very high toss and at the last moment the wind blew it into my chest and knocked the wind out of me. I also got many huge blisters on my hands. but now my hands are giant callises so I feel nothing on my hands now ^^
woot
Ethos

krazyfk

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2006, 09:16:32 PM »
I was doing vertax/excalibur and I got a diabolo in my nose and once, when I threw it as high as I could, I misaligned the catch and it came down, full speed and landed behind my head and hit my back.
My dog ate my signature.

Zane

« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »
I've never done anything personally, but I've heard a story of a friend gashing his head open when he was attempting something, the diabolo got caught on the string and it coming up in contact with his head.

...I also wittnessed my best friend almost attempting the same thing today.

krazyfk

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »
I just got into an over the leg sequence and as the diabolo came back up.... :o

Do I need to tell you the rest? Suffice to say, I couldn't use my normal voice for hours! :'(
My dog ate my signature.

Jeppesen

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »
i actually made a quite deep wound on my upper arm about a week ago;D because off a brand new cirkus wit ha pretty high speed..in the beginning it allways have this sharp edge :(
3 cirkus( red orange and yellow)with allround tuning kit. 3 finesse( red orange'n green)6.g weight kit on all three and wide axle, henry alu sticks and carbon white. soon 3 yoho's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal