Author Topic: Diabolo injuries  (Read 117610 times)

DiaboloWebb

Re: Diabolo injuries
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »
well my worst is probably this.

due to lack of sleep and a 3 pints of lager i decided that it could be possible to throw 2 diabolo's in the air triple back flip, whip catch them both with seperate sticks and bring it into a 2 diabolo shuffle using both strings, think again, failed my first backflip, got up pulled out my other sticks, whip caught my ear, flailing peice of string hit my eye and my other diabolo, the remaining diabolo hit me on the head, the one i caught flew straight into my nads. got a nice red eye, high pitched voice for 20 minutes, and the biggest headache possible in the morning. Well, not trying that in the near future.

but that was quite a while back, my most recent one is going to me i was trying umbrella, in the limited space in my bedroom, pulled and hit myself in the side of the face, buckling my glasses and leaving a red mark. Fixed my glasses and gunna try it again today :D
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

Jeppesen

« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20:48 PM »
eeh what havent i broken:D a dvd cover, ceiling, floor, walls,  an empty can in a big cabinet made off beerbottles.
3 cirkus( red orange and yellow)with allround tuning kit. 3 finesse( red orange'n green)6.g weight kit on all three and wide axle, henry alu sticks and carbon white. soon 3 yoho's

Zane

« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2006, 08:39:56 PM »
I've noticed one starts causing more mistakes the more they practice. I've dinged the ceiling in the physics room at school numerous times, hit the expensive projector mounted to the ceiling in the physics room, received many blisters (by the way, the cycling gloves trick does work sometimes), almost impaled someone on sticks, nearly taken out a few eyes, almost given a few people headaches and almost eradicated my boyfriend's nose.

Yet sadly... all that seems minor to what others have done.  :D

jammy

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2006, 11:11:37 AM »
i got black eye now from stick hitting me in the eye!
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

QUOTH

« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2006, 11:11:58 AM »
Once diaboloing topless in my room, i gave myself a really bad rubber burn on my stomach-side. Stayed red raw for weeks.

Have also had some bad whip marks, but those whernt really from practising....haha
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Athos

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2006, 04:09:21 PM »
I've hit the projector and ceiling in my classroom many times.(same one Zane has) My best friend cut his head open fooling around with it. the worst  though was when I threw it 2 stories up on a windy day. I walked forwards to catch it, tripped, rolled over and it landed on my crotch. >_<

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2006, 01:55:49 PM »
I've hit the projector and ceiling in my classroom many times.(same one Zane has) My best friend cut his head open fooling around with it. the worst  though was when I threw it 2 stories up on a windy day. I walked forwards to catch it, tripped, rolled over and it landed on my crotch. >_<
XD, i've had diabolo's strike my crotch to much

ontto

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2006, 02:18:11 PM »
i broke my wrist.

Hulsey

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2006, 05:29:17 PM »
I've cut my nose before (I think it was with a G1)
Why get bored when you can juggle?

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2006, 01:29:19 PM »
finger grind tore my skin over my finger nail a bit, it's small but it kills, i'm not trying finger grinds again until i get a finger axel  :(

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2006, 09:02:29 PM »
Sliped on something slippy some idiot left on the street (lampoil a put there myself...) while performing streetshows today. I  landed on my rigth elbow, and hurt it quiet a bit... doesnt feel like I can practice for a few days. Selfinflicted injury, but it really sucks annyway.

Steve-O

« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »
I have calaces on my hands from my aluminum sticks, I also wack myself in the face often when doing infinite suicides.

-Matt

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2006, 10:17:14 PM »
finger Axel! In my day diabolos were made of lead and the nearest juggling shop was 4 days trek by donkey! but seriously you gotta get a few scars while you learn dude . however finger axels are quite fun for stupidly long finger grinds so you should still get a set if you fancy, I could expand my point about about scars to your diabolos and sticks, war wounds are a right of passage.

scottp45

« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »
i havent injured myself seiriusly before although i have scrached myself once, and one time it (the diab)landed on my brothers head (horray!!!!!).

scott
The atomic weight of carbon is 6

now help the bunny rule
the world by putting it
in your signature           (\__/)
                                  (='.'=)                       
                                  (")_(")

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2006, 01:08:09 PM »
Many times I have lobbed the diabolo very very high in the air and had it land on my face. I have white scars all down my arm from doing arm orbits tricks. Also I invented my own trick for maximum destruction in a crowded area. Get the diabolo spinning very fast then right hand loop it once. Throw it all up in the air and the sticks spin random directions in the air around the diabolo...deadly. For some reason the skin on my hands has gone realy crusty, most likely due to the constant use of my aluminium sticks.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Christopher

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2007, 02:20:36 PM »
yesterday when i was trying to do the grind-throw pirouette and catch it with a grind, the diab landed near my nose. OUCH!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2007, 10:06:36 AM »
OUCH! Was practicing Antoinin's body cross genocide, from unwrapped infinte suicide. Smacked me right in the leg. Damn it hurts

Picture is very blurry. It is alot redder!  :'(
Anybody else have a picture of a diabolo-related injury?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »
Yes, diaboling is dangerous, my friend was doing loop diabolo earlier today and he flung it around the loop realy fast and it whacked me straight in my face with the cups grinding my cheeks and my nose hitting the axle. Im lucky that it was so cold that my face had already gone numb :D
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »
is it better now, Will_? it looks so evil that i cant believe its true, is this a result of photoshop or are you serious?

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Beni

« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2007, 09:58:23 PM »

yesterday when i was trying to do the grind-throw pirouette and catch it with a grind, the diab landed near my nose. OUCH!

Yes, that move has given me a very bloody knuckle, 'cause I have a finger grind axel and when I catch the diabolo again my stick is slanted upwawrds and the finnesse goes straight down and sandpapers my knuckle. Also trying mulitiple pirouettes is really disorientating, you have no idea where the diabolo is in relation to your head ::).

Oh, I shouldn't forget the genocide I did the other day! I swung the stick really aggresively and when it rewrapped, because it is very old string, it rewrapped FAST. I should not have tryed to catch the stick... it really hurt my finger.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal