Author Topic: Diabolo injuries  (Read 116608 times)

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabolo injuries
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2007, 06:00:29 PM »
Was just burining the end of my string but I had to use matches because I don't have a lighter. I smooted the end of the string with my finger too soon and some of the melted string stuck and burnt my finger...kind of stupid realy ::)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Napo

« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2007, 12:22:16 PM »
I have never suffered from diabolo injuries but one time, while i was doing a difficult trick, the diabolo fell over from my string, hit my toe (i was not wearing shoes) and made a small wound.
Sorry for my English, i am from Greece...

Unforgiven

« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »
It kinda burns a while if you get hit to hand or leg by a diabolo. I've got two of them. One time, when I was practicing Chinese Snaps, I maked the diabolo go up with speed and it hit my nail, so it broke a bit. It hurt for some time.  :-\

Dan

« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
Pulled way to hard on an excalibur genocide (was experimenting with double, triple, quadruple, etc.) and diabolo came back at my face.  Left with rips on my face from my scratched diabolos and also found out i did something to my arm/shoulder the morning after which put me out of doing pretty much everything for a good 2 weeks  :(.  Anyway i learned from that mistake and never push too hard now, especially with excalibur.

Rick

« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2007, 08:38:46 PM »
when my string got too dirty I was speeding up the diabolo and it wrapped up and socked me one in the jaw-fat lip, no cool cuts to show my friends... *sniff* *sniff*

Sasuke

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2007, 10:53:48 PM »
I got hit in the place which really hurts a guy twice, in the face twice and in the arms  countless times I think.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2007, 03:32:06 PM »
.. Last week i was practicing vertax and.. the diabolo flew right in to my nose!
And later on i was getting diabolo on full speed and it fell of the string then it bounced on the ground and bounced back in my face! So i fell on the ground with a blue eye..

Oh and just now i was diaboloing in the living and i did a 1d sun but.. the diabolo came in to the lamp and now the lamp is broken..

Nahxela

« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »
I've got a number of scars on my hands and arms from attempting vertax a few months ago, then failing with the result of the diabolo smashing into my hand  :'(
And I use the cross-whip method as my dominant form of accelerating, and a number of times I've hit my hand, with the result of leaving the middle of my right index finger with a growing bump where my blood has collected (it didn't break the skin, just the blood vessel o_0)

And then of course, there are all those times where you do a high toss, miss, then get hit by your diabolo really hard >_<
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2007, 06:13:08 PM »
iam practicing mini gens. I have a ''catch'' ratio (the diabolo) of about 90%, but the problem is re-catching the stick. When i catch the diabolo the stick goes around the diabolo ways to fast.

Anyway, when trying to re-catch the stick the stick always crashes somewhere on my hand (because the stick goes so fast). Damn it hurts like hell, ****ing mini gens >:(
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »
If you are right handed, and mini gening to the left, thats what happens, but try it the other way, thats what i do, its a lot easier to catch. It is usefull to be able to do it both ways, but the right side is easiest for learining.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »
sorry for off-topic :(

mm i should try that. iam used to genocides to left, so doing mini gen to left will be weird i assume, but its worth the try cause my left hand is pretty blue and painfull now :P

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »
I find it a lot easier to do mini gens the opposite way to the way i gen
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »
I find it a lot easier to do mini gens the opposite way to the way i gen

*grabs diabolo's and goes outside*

EDIT: GRRRRRRRR now i understand why genocides were so hard for me, ive always done them to the left (iam a righty) and i always wondered how people could catch them so relaxt (to the left = stick spinning like a madman after catch). Lol the very first genocide to the right i try in my entire life the stick goed around the cachted diabolo nice a gentle. Damn why didnt i actually try genocides to the right -.-'

k2pek2

« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2007, 11:54:32 PM »
bad genocide catch + handstick + finger = big lump on finger. OW!
-John

valtzu11

« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2007, 04:58:18 PM »
currently i have nasty scars on my cheek, my arms and neck is full of burns and two of my fingers won't work properly.
valtzu

OhDearMoshe

« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »
I used to have a few scars on my arms from doing orbits in a t-shirt (for some reason I lose control easier when I'm wearing long sleeved clothes.) anyway I did look like I was a bit of a self harmer for a while XD

I think the most painful injury so far was a between the legs whip catch and the Diabolo hitting me in the crotch. The nastiest was when I was doing around the neck hops and I didn't keep my string slack enough so the Diabolo came down the string and hit me in the face OUCH!
"I am a leaf you cannot see me!"
"Who's Emily?"
"....Just......no"

kodaxed

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2007, 11:41:22 AM »
My Most painfull Is when I do a Whip catch and have Whipped myself on the back of the ear, But I have also been hit in the face and trying to catch a really high throw i missed the string completely and it landed on my arm. I couldnt move it for half hour I thought I had broke something lol... and thats my first 3 months...  :-\

Richie

« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2007, 08:30:18 AM »
I was doing some neck bounces and as i went to exit them i ripped out 2 of my ear studs!!!
ouch
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2007, 10:12:39 AM »
As in they "fell out" or it ripped a chunk out of your ear? :o
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Richie

« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2007, 08:54:50 PM »
pulled out , no chunks thank god but there was a fair bit of blood, seeing i had them done bout 3 days before.
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal