Author Topic: YouTube Tutorial Series  (Read 22664 times)

TimEllis

YouTube Tutorial Series
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:46:33 PM »
I'm doing a bunch of video tutorials on YouTube.  What tricks?  Well that's up to you to decide.  I'm taking requests.  

I made an initial video found at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--1MFJhlXkU

And the first tutorial (requested by a professor at my school) is Front to Back and Back to Front suns found at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoyRcdNVWH0

Just let me know and I'll get to work!
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

Dan

Re: YouTube Tutorial Series
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:05:49 PM »
I'm working on the "continuous" mini genocide i've seen in a few recent videos.  The one where you do a mini-g then let go of the stick and catch the stick coming round going straight into another mini-g.  I just can't get the release from one to the other stick (One of the people in diabolocamp 2 video does this im pretty sure).

Otherwise a nice 2D transfer tutorial because i lost my old one when hard drive gave up on me  :(

Thanks,
Dan

Rusty

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:18 PM »
Awesome idea. We should make some kind of wiki or something where we can embed all the youtube tutorials with some text description maybe. And add all the tutorials already made.

martin 1692

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 09:41:02 PM »
could you please make a tutorial of that suicide to minigen in minute 1:35 in the first tutorial?

Jay1981

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 10:31:50 PM »
Please could you make a tutorial on entries into arm orbits, as i can't quite work out how a sun to arm orbit works, and my entry into orbits looks pretty timid.
Also, a figure 8 arm orbits tutorial would be helpful too, as I can go round my arms all day, but anything out of the ordinary is a bit much for my relatively young diaboloing mind hehe.

Thanks for doing this kind of thing. It's greatly appreciated!  ;D
Arm orbits used to be a problem... now they're a way of life!!

Matt D

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:08:04 PM »
how about a 2 diabolo suns. I can do singular left suns but a tutorial on continuous suns, left and right suns, pirouette suns, and sprinkler suns would be nice.

TimEllis

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 02:03:27 AM »
Just so you guys know, I am a full time student as well.  So you'll have to be patient for this.  And I do still kinda wanna work on that "hard stuff."  I think a Wiki with all the various tutorial videos at least linked would be a good idea.  Anybody wanna get on that?

Also, if anyone ELSE wants to hop in and make a video, feel free.  I won't be mad because someone stole my thunder.

Tim Ellis

TimEllis

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »
Well I finally got around to making another one.  I think this will end up a weekly thing.  This next tutorial is Continuous Mini-genocides.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXfb7Pk3B1U

Keep the requests comin.  I'm keeping track of what needs to get done.

Tim Ellis

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 08:35:11 PM »
Some Integral Suicide tutorials would be cool, I'm really bad at those :D
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

TimEllis

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 08:45:40 PM »
Ya know, I'd like to see one of those tutorials too!  I'm no good at them either.

Tim Ellis

Beni

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »
The thing with integral suicides is that you just have to work them out for yourself. An easy one to try is a Tomicide with an easy entry. Simply start doing minigenocide movements with and open string (just swing the stick around anticlockwise [for righties]) and let the string wrap around the axle. As it wraps, let go of the other stick and catch the first stick as it comes round. Catch the second stick in your right hand and your left with a right backside, exactly like a tomicide. Once you realise that, you can explore genocide and mini genocide exits. Once you have this solid — which wont take long — try doing Eric's trick, which is the same movement but you just hold on for longer and swing the stick around again. Exit by catching both sticks at the same time.
This probably doesn't make sense, but if you really want I can make a video, though I don't think that's neccesery necessery needed ::).

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 09:48:38 PM »
if you really want I can make a video

That'd be really helpfull if you didn't mind making one :)

This next tutorial is Continuous Mini-genocides

Yay, that is going to be so helpfull, I tried learning them ages ago and failed miserably. Hopefully I will have more luck this time ;D

I love tutorials :D
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Dan

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 10:44:26 PM »
Thanks alot for this.  Shame i can't watch it because javascript settings are currently ****ed on my wii  >:(  Ill take a little look tomorrow after work andhopefully crack them soon enough.

Greatly appreciated,

Dan

Jay1981

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 12:17:40 PM »
I can't view your vid, and as there are 0 views for it, I don't think anyone else can. :o
Dunno whether youtube is a bit broken at the mo, or you need to re-upload, but the tutorial vid seems to be broken. :-\ Damn... I was looking forward to that *sniff* :'(

Hope you or youtube can get it back up and running. Looking forward to watching it!! :)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 12:27:22 PM »
It has and is working for me, althouhg you are right in saying that the views and ratings are incorrect.
Behind your back is your front.

TimEllis

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 09:46:40 PM »
YouTube has gone silly :-\

I can see the video.  Can anyone else?  I'll reload if you want me to.

Tim Ellis

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 09:56:40 PM »
I can see it but it says it only has had 1 view, probably best to reload it, unless people just aren't watching it :D ;D
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

martijn

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 10:02:01 PM »
It works fine for me.

Jay1981

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 10:50:15 PM »
I can see it now, but it was a bit touch and go there for a sec hehe.

Good luck with the harder tricks you're trying for. If you keep up the tutorials, we'll catch you up in no time  ;D

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 04:47:01 AM »
Yeah works fine.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal