Author Topic: GEN DI  (Read 12690 times)

pranay

• VotW Contributor
GEN DI
« on: February 14, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »
Here is my new video including two guest diabololists!!!

Download and good quality streaming:
http://stage6.divx.com/members/490740/videos/1118424

Youtube:
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es1aKp07tK4
part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgKQoH3UgYo

Have fuuuuun!!!!

Pranay!!!

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: GEN DI
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »
Good stuff Pranay. Your 1d alone is awesome to watch, and you happen to be awesome at 2 and 3 as well.

Too many good things in the video to comment on just one. Keep up the inventive diaboloing.

-Duncan (inspired to skip class to diabolo)

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 06:54:31 PM »
hats off dude!

highlights for me, 1.45, 5.17, 8.14 some funky 1 d action, impressive integrals  all the way threw

a definite re-watch

p.s papa roach!? brings back some memories of teen angst but worked randomly

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »
cool stuff!
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

David - SAS1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »
That was amazing, some of the best 1d tricks around.  My highlights 0:45, 2:01, 2:30.  In fact i am not gonna carry on.  It was all good.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:54:09 PM »
*Dropped Jaw* :o :D
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:23:43 PM »

Here is my new video including two guest diabololists!!!
http://stage6.divx.com/members/490740/videos/1118424
A splitted version will follow on youtube soon!
Have fuuuuun!!!!
Pranay!!!

that was insane! so much stuff to watch with slow motion :)

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »
Thanks for your comments!!!
And the youtube versions are now online,too!!!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »
I was waiting for the youtube versions to get uploaded and it was worth waiting for. The suicides, genocides and integrals were out of this world. Some of the best I have ever seen. You've inspired me to work on my 1 diabolo a lot more.

Thanks for the video(s),

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 08:02:55 PM »
that is definatly some of the best integral/genecide footage i have ever seen. i very much liked the contact stuff with two, vertax was sick, and of course 3! oh and there was some slack in there too. overall the entire video was a very high standard and i am pleased to say its by far the best video i've seen so far this year. congrats

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Martijn

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
I liked the tricks you did Pranay, but I didn't like the sloppiness of some (most of them). I know you can make them look hot, so please show them when they're solid ;) some were just looking awkward because you were catching at the string and doing weird stuff with you body focussing on the trick completely. I'd rather see you relax and do some easier tricks.

Good work though.

Flo

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »
Well I have to agree with Martijn, some tricks can be done better by you pranay - I know that ;)
And as already said in the german forum, I didnt like the filming too much. It lacked variety, try to do that better next time.
But the tricks were sooo awesome, I liked everyone of the whole bunch! Whatever you did, 1d, 2d, 3d, vertax, slacks, integrals... everything was very nice!
Keep on but try only to use solid executed and interesting filmed footage next time :P
Nevertheless one of my favourite videos right now.

Flo
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 10:23:49 PM »
Thanks for your criticism!!! ;)

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 10:58:09 PM »
i thought that video was great!! and the integrel/genocides were amazing
zack turner

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »
I agree somewhat with martijn. I think italso makes for a better quality video if you really focus and whats newest and most different, for example, if you do 3d suns in one clip, why show them again in another clip as the only trick? Shortening the video but maximizing variety is good. Still, of course, awesome work!!

On a more general note, I think a lot of people have been making unnessecarily long videos lately, and this isn't even that long comparatively; too many almost repeats, too much slo-mo, not enough condensed awesomeness.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »
That's really really good.  The leg combo stuff was quite new and interesting.  And the minigenocide skills are right there.  I'll agree with Sharpes that it was probably a bit longer than it had to be, 7 minutes for both videos would have  been possible in my opinion.  But good footage nevertheless.

Keep rocking it.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Beni

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »

I agree somewhat with martijn. I think italso makes for a better quality video if you really focus and whats newest and most different, for example, if you do 3d suns in one clip, why show them again in another clip as the only trick? Shortening the video but maximizing variety is good. Still, of course, awesome work!!

Let's not be too hard on Pranay! Remember a video can be to show what you've made progress on, and if that means three 3d suns in a row instead of two, it's still an achievement. The video length was also to do with the music. The music fit with the video, and the starts of the tracks were carefully done so that they started with impact (e.g. vertax genocide synchronised with the rums coming in on Last Resort). Surely shortening the video would mean tampering with the music.
I might add that if this video was submitted by a newcomer everyone would be shocked. The fact that we've seen Pranay's awesomeness before may raise our expectations of the video soo much that we ignore how much new and amazing stuff is in it. I'll probably never be able to submit a VotW after seeing Pranay's videos, my ideas are nothing compared to his creativeness.

P.S. What does Gen Di actually mean? I know that Gen means forwad/towards and Di is short for Dienstag (tuesday), but... towards tuesday????

Flo

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 07:00:04 PM »

P.S. What does Gen Di actually mean? I know that Gen means forwad/towards and Di is short for Dienstag (tuesday), but... towards tuesday????

No it has nothing to do with German, but right, Dienstag means Tuesday ;)
"Gen Di" is his own creation and stands for Generation Diabolo. ;)
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Beni

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
Ah.. that would make sense :).

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »
Some great stuff there, I am inspired  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal