Author Topic: Infinite genocides with throws and recaptures  (Read 3489 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Infinite genocides with throws and recaptures
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »
These are my problems with this trick:

Problem 1: Usually my throw goes way out to the right (which it´s supposed to but not so much). What´s the best way to correct this?

Problem 2: How should you recapture the Diabolo in smoothest possible way? At the moment, I catch the Diabolo in my genocide when it´s going up. In other words, the swing goes towards the left, but the Diabolo gets caught on the right while the string is actually moving away from the Diabolo. Is this the correct way to catch?

Problem 3: Starting them. Is it easier making the start fast or slow (the start works fine but it´s not solid yet).

There are videos of "Benny Zo" and Wen from Taiwan doing this trick, but I don´t know the links to these (if anyones interested in watching them, you can at least find Bennys vids through SUI´s links).

Any tips in general are greatly appreciated and of great help. Thank you in advance!

Nahxela

Re: Infinite genocides with throws and recaptures
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:27:59 AM »
For your first problem, it might be better if you pull faster, so that the momentum leaves less room for the diabolo to go off course.

Not sure about the 2nd problem... :-[

I think for your 3rd problem it would make more sense to start faster because it'll give you a stronger spin in order for you to perform the trick for a longer time.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
dont try to do genocides fast to start off with, they are much easier when done slowly and catching the stick at the end is much easier. also try doing genocides with your other hand as sometimes that can be easier.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »
Thank you for the answers. I´ve got the start down now. It helps to do it more horisontal right at the start and then doing the rotations more round. Also, slower movement after the initial start helps.
For problem 3 I´ve found that releasing earlier than you think is helpful.

I still have problems with recapturing. If you look at the vid of Yao-Wen, it seems as though he goes over the diabolo to thread the string (kind of like "aiming" with the string) and then make the "real catch" on the way up. I still don´t understand the movement of this though. Whenever I get the diabolo on the string, it releases again or the rythm gets messed up and the string tangles. Any ideas on this?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 09:30:50 PM »
throw the diabolo to the left and catch it on the left. then what i usually do is, once the string has hit the diabolo then let it hit the stick and it swings round to form a trapeze. if you keep your hand out ready for the catch then it just snaps into your hand and all you have to do is undo the trapeze and you are back to an open string.
hope that helps
Ben

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 08:42:47 AM »
^Thanks for answering, but I mean the recapture back into the genocide. You can watch the video of Yao-Wen (I don´t know how to use links but it´s currently in the videosection) to see what trick I mean.

tommygrhcp

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 04:38:55 PM »
By Infinite genocide, do you mean continuous genocides...

I need some help with continuous. i start off with a genocide (to the right) then when it catches the diab, i let go of the left stick and tug the string to the right of the diab. The diab never goes free and just wraps up. Does anyone have any tips on the this trick?

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 05:47:32 AM »
There is a great tutorial, made by The Ska Boss, it's for mini genocides but it's pretty much the same.
Watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXfb7Pk3B1U
Oh, and it was from this thread just in case you wanna check it out: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2662.0
The Vitamin Guy

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
Well, you´ve started to discuss another trick than the one I meant actually (no harm in that ofcourse ;)).
I mean the one the taiwanese do where you do a normal genocide and catches it back into the sticks rotation. You start it like an infinite unwrapped suicide, but in genocide position. Then you release the Diabolo and catch it back to rotation once it comes down again.

I can do everything solid now except recapturing which I still need major help with. I actually thought there would be more interest in this trick. It´s pretty cool after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal