Author Topic: Excalibur: a basic tutorial  (Read 86969 times)

eggy900

Re: Excalibur: a basic tutorial
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2006, 04:00:16 PM »
meh.. i searched for excalibur + wide axel and it came back with nothing, i shall have to look harder next time

eggy900

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2006, 10:43:34 PM »
Dunno if this is the right topic to post in (theres so many excalibur ones)

Just got back from a gig, i did excalibur with a comet firefli, it's a heck of a lot easier knowing that if you screw up your gonna knock yourself out and burn the nearby shrubbery. Anyone else tried fire excalibur?

Squiggle

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50:58 PM »
I havent but  At sjc Jester was doing it , it was pretty cool  8)

ming

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2006, 10:58:02 PM »
Yeah i do it with my nesbitt all the time at fire shows, for some reason its really easy with the nesbitt. Scary sh*t though

Domi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2006, 08:46:53 PM »
Is the excalibur easier with a wide axel diabolo?

domi

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2006, 09:08:41 PM »
getting into excalibur sucks with wide axles, if you are in it its ok

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2006, 09:12:29 PM »
I find it quite easy to get into excalibur, with or without the axels.  In excalibur though with the axel I think it would be more forgiving if you are just beginning it but if you can't get into it with the axels then go back to the regulars.

mango

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »
Quote from: Sean
Once you get it perfectly vertical you can lower your left hand and raise your right hand.
Sean

it makes it tilt back down, i found that if you keep the string absoluty horizontal it makes it stay in vertax. kneeling down also helps my get it into vertax.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2006, 06:32:32 AM »
Quote from: mango
Once you get it perfectly vertical you can lower your left hand and raise your right hand.
Sean

it makes it tilt back down
It works fine for me! You must be doing something wrong..

Sorry for stating the obvious.. :oops:
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

mango

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2006, 10:15:06 AM »
Quote from: Willzy
Quote from: mango
Sean

it makes it tilt back down
It works fine for me! You must be doing something wrong.. :oops:

maybe it because i use g2s, or maybe the string is touching the cups

Squiggle

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2006, 11:26:35 AM »
He uses g2's aswell  :)

fredo

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2006, 11:53:28 AM »
I think you misunderstood something mango... While accelerating the diabolo, you should raise your left hand. But when you're in the vertical position, you should lower your left hand again, so that it stays vertical Don't lower it too much! Just that your string is a vertical line, or with the left stick even a bit raised... Don't lower it so much, that hte right stick is even over the left; that position will make your excalibur collapse...

If that isn't your problem, try starting a trick even when you're not in a 100% vertical position, it works quite well, though...

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »
Quote from: squiggle
He uses g2's aswell

Actually that's a g1 in the video... the video is ancient. :)

But, no it doesn't matter about the diabolo. You are just misinterpreting what I was saying, Mango. Fredo explained it well.

Squiggle

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2006, 11:16:27 PM »
No sorry i was talking abou t willzy using g2's aswell

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2006, 06:34:04 AM »
Quote from: squiggle
No sorry i was talking abou t willzy using g2's aswell
 THATS ME!   :D

At Mango: If you are whipping fast/strong enough it shouldn't be touching the cups.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Graham

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »
I find you do have to be a bit more brutal to get a wide-axle diabolo into vertax. Seems to me it's cause you have to move the sticks further to get the string to rub on the cup, and so make it tilt. Once you're in excalibur it's not so bad, but it's a bit harder to correct/rescue.

one.man.band

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2006, 09:04:03 PM »
I've found that to be true as well, that longer axles are harder, but i also have a spinabolo, which seems  bit like cheating to me, but goes into vertax far far easier than my finnesse, and holds it's spin better in excalibur.

Give it a go!
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Chrizzy

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2006, 06:48:58 PM »
well, I wonder how to get the diabolo that high(approx. chest/head high) because, when I'm trying to do the excalibur, the diabolo always ends low in (knee high) well, I'm left, so my right arm is higher then the other but when I try to get the diabolo vertically it always touches the cups so how fast/slow should I raise my right arm so that it wouldn't touch the cups ?
thanks in advance.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »
You raise your Non-dominant (ND) hand higher so that it does rub the cups and causes the diabolo to tilt with the far cup towards you.  When it's close to vertical, bring both your hands about level (head-height).  Your ND hand doesn't need to be as high anymore to tilt it since you don't want to tilt it.  When it's up there, move your dominant hand level and away you go, remembering to turn Clockwise (for lefties) as appropriate to keep the tilt.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Chrizzy

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »
Well, I've got an other problem.
When it gets vertically, it automatically moves to the middle of the string , so basically it hits my head, so I lean my head/torso backwards.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I was wondering if I should do these Chinese whips slow, normal, fast, constantly ?
thanks in advance.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal