Author Topic: Excalibur: a basic tutorial  (Read 89697 times)

scottp45

Re: Excalibur: a basic tutorial
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2007, 12:23:55 AM »
Ok, i think it wraps cause im using the string that came with my stix

scott
The atomic weight of carbon is 6

now help the bunny rule
the world by putting it
in your signature           (\__/)
                                  (='.'=)                       
                                  (")_(")

scottp45

« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2007, 11:20:36 PM »
one more question...... how do i put the correct wrap on for doing excalbibur (i do a half sun to the left like it says on diaboloticks)?

scott
The atomic weight of carbon is 6

now help the bunny rule
the world by putting it
in your signature           (\__/)
                                  (='.'=)                       
                                  (")_(")

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2007, 08:53:11 PM »
i know there are a lot of topics of this nature, possibly too many. please correct me if im wrong but i cant see this anywhere on here.

basically, iv watched all the tutorials, but i keep having one of 2 problems.

firstly, i can get just about vertical, and then somehow a double left had wrap occurs and it wrences a stick from my hand (quite scary) resulting to a diabolo in the face and lots of friction burns.

the other is the diabolo going straignt into over vert and just skrewing up.

can anyone help me with this, its really bugging me, am i doing somthing wrong int the transition to angled and vertical?
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Matt D

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2007, 10:05:18 PM »
When I try to do Excalibur the diabolo tilts in the wrong direction, any ideas what I am doing wrong?
-Matt

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
the left string must contact the far cup(i guess you correct your diabolos tilt with the stick in normal play, the string just have the same effect) if you figure out how touching the cups affect the tilt you will master it for your own :)

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

seán_

« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2007, 11:52:11 PM »

i know there are a lot of topics of this nature, possibly too many. please correct me if im wrong but i cant see this anywhere on here.

basically, iv watched all the tutorials, but i keep having one of 2 problems.

firstly, i can get just about vertical, and then somehow a double left had wrap occurs and it wrences a stick from my hand (quite scary) resulting to a diabolo in the face and lots of friction burns.

the other is the diabolo going straignt into over vert and just skrewing up.

can anyone help me with this, its really bugging me, am i doing somthing wrong int the transition to angled and vertical?

too many? lets make another one then! :P

as the diab reaches the critical point change the hand motion so that instaed of going forwards and backwards  (as it has been so far) you move at say 45 degrees in front of the diabolo, dont forget to lower your left hand, keep the motion fluid and turn youir body anticlockwise.

check the tut vid again with this in mind.

@MAtt D: you are using a right hand backwrap arent you? my usual 1d wrap is a left bw fro wrapped accelerations and until i realised this the diabolo tilted forward as well. you can get it to go vertical but its awkward and limited

David - SAS1

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2007, 01:41:47 PM »
Sorry for adding another problem to the endless list, but I have the problem of getting most of the way into vertax but then an extra wrap suddenly appears and it winds up, is this to do with dirty axel/string or is it technique
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Christopher

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2007, 01:51:47 PM »
maybe your not doing the chinese acceleration properly, instead your wrapping the string around the axle.

David - SAS1

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »
possibly, another thing i thought of is that the string isn't tight enough and the string slips round the diabolo
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Christopher

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2007, 02:11:14 PM »
the strind touches the cup when whippiing usally, not that the string is lose.

David - SAS1

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2007, 06:01:44 PM »
thanks

Matt D

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »

@MAtt D: you are using a right hand backwrap arent you? my usual 1d wrap is a left bw fro wrapped accelerations and until i realised this the diabolo tilted forward as well. you can get it to go vertical but its awkward and limited

Which way is a right hand backwrap? I always do a halfsun to the left to do chineese snaps. Is that right for excalibur.

seán_

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2007, 08:28:37 PM »
For Vetax the right hand wraps the string around the back (near side) this is a RH BW

a half sun to the left entry to snaps will give you a LH backwrap (just to confuse you more thats the same as a RH frontwrap).

basically I said earlier that i was putting the wrap on the way you were doing (still do when generally doing 1d) but if i'm doing vertax I just get the diabolo near my RH, tilted towards me, quickly wrap the diabolo with my right hand and go from their.

I sugest you have a play with accelerations using both front wraps and backwrap (remembering you need to stagger your hands differently) and it will soon become more obvious.
Good Luck

Matt D

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2007, 04:31:04 AM »
Thank you Séan. After practicing for about an hour I got the diabolo going vertical!!! ;D

Matt D

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
I tried excalibur again today and I can get ti vertical, it is just that the diabolo is diagonal.
I don't know what I am doing wrong now, I start getting it backwards on open string, wrap the diabolo and go from there. Once I get it nearly vertical it starts leaning sideways. Please Help

seán_

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2007, 10:01:16 PM »
turn turn turn

I tried excalibur again today and I can get ti vertical, it is just that the diabolo is diagonal.
I don't know what I am doing wrong now, I start getting it backwards on open string, wrap the diabolo and go from there. Once I get it nearly vertical it starts leaning sideways. Please Help

turn turn turn (and dont forget to lower your hand as it becomes vertical)

_Matz_

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »
i just usually can't get out from wrap, and make suns, or trapezez. practice, practice, practice.
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

David - SAS1

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »
Yeah you got it there, I only learnt the basic excalibur suns, trapezes from constant pracitce.  What are you having problems with the tricks.  My main problem was that it was not completely vertical therefore my string was touching the cups.  And to get out of wrap you just sun to the left

merripp

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2007, 07:57:44 PM »
when ever i try to get into vertax it just sort of flops and wraps up lol :D any help with that?

seán_

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2007, 09:02:36 PM »
To be honest Merrip this whole thread (and tutorial video) is about how to do vertax. on this page itself there are Q and A's about some of the more commoner problems. It feels like you are a bit lazy.

I notice (from research) that you have been diaboloing for two weeks, youi might not yet have the feel and skills for vertax quite yet. concentrate on using smooth (not manic) chinese whipping everytime you do diabolo and keep trying vertax, reading this thread and watching the tut. you'll get it sooner or later

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal