Author Topic: Excalibur: a basic tutorial  (Read 86824 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: Excalibur: a basic tutorial
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2007, 02:25:15 PM »
Have you made sure that when you have the diabolo vertical that your hands are level? -Any friction on the cups causes the diabolo to tilt.
Behind your back is your front.

TomMiller

« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »
so my hands have to be level inever fought that
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2007, 04:03:36 AM »
I dunno why you guys can't do it. Once i learned proper chinese whips it was all pretty easy for me ^^ ;D

Zosivacka

« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »
HI
I HAVE A QUESTION. IS CIRCUS A GOOD DIABOLO FOR EXCALIBUR?
OR AT LEAST IS IT BETTER THAN FINESSE.
PLS JUST COMPARE ONLY THIS TWO DIABOLOS (i can get in my town only these two)
(and maybe you ask why i wrote this with CaPs LoCk. Because i wanted you guys to see my question and reply me, so PLS DO IT AND REPLY ME, THX)

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2007, 09:38:17 PM »
HI
I HAVE A QUESTION. IS CIRCUS A GOOD DIABOLO FOR EXCALIBUR?
OR AT LEAST IS IT BETTER THAN FINESSE.
PLS JUST COMPARE ONLY THIS TWO DIABOLOS (i can get in my town only these two)
(and maybe you ask why i wrote this with CaPs LoCk. Because i wanted you guys to see my question and reply me, so PLS DO IT AND REPLY ME, THX)

Question: how would this be less visible in lowercase? It's okay to ask a question - to demand an answer is fairly rude when you imply that we won't see it. I also question why you think that we would ignore this.

Yes, a circus diabolo is good for excalibur. It is heavier than a finesse, which lends it some stability.

karl e dangerous

« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2007, 10:02:35 PM »
im getting excalibur only been doin it for two days stopped hitting my arms/face now can do suns and stop overs tried a genocide just being hopefull failed badly but hey i got a wrap on it (fluke i believe) is there any other excalibur tricks i should learn first please tell me if there is thanks karl ;D
sorry for my bad grammer

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2007, 10:19:34 PM »
You could start trying some stick grinds, magic knots and whip catches. But, those may be for when you're a bit more solid.

karl e dangerous

« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2007, 10:24:18 PM »
is there any way you could show me or explain these tricks
sorry for my bad grammer

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2007, 10:33:48 PM »
Stick grind - do a stop-over, swing the diabolo back to your right hand and trap the diabolo between the string and the stick - stick held so it is pointed straight out and grinding on the axle, obviously. A kind of fake stick grind, but interesting as a pause. Useful for getting yourself out of excalibur.

Magic knot - it's an inverse trapeze magic knot - I do it on my left side in excalibur. Practice with it on the normal plane, then give it a go with excalibur. Expect things to go wrong on the first few tries, so watch your head.

Whip catch - Several ways to do this: I use a simple left stop over and flipping the diabolo back and towards your right shoulder. You can then attempt to re-catch it with a whip catch. Using both hands for this one is probably useful. There are other ways to do it, such as using the magic knot, but that should be a bit more solid. These also lend themselves to one handed whipping.

Maybe if I get off my ass and out of class (not likely, but who knows) I could film a few of these and send you them. If anyone else wants to post some tutorials for these tricks, be my guest.

karl e dangerous

« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »
thanks expect the diabolo injurys to be updated il start practising in the morning
sorry for my bad grammer

Zosivacka

« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »
Sorry Duncan.
Im sorry for being rude, to demand an answer. However, I wouldnt do that if I got answer before.
Actually, Ive also written this question in another thread, and they simply ignored me.
How? Easily, because the next guy, who posted after me has written his own question or note (ignoring my post ofcourse) and so the other guys replied to his post and my question has been forgotten.
Any way thx for your advice about circus diabolo for excalibur

Aaron Z

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »
I've got no idea why my excaliburs don't work, I think the diabolo isn't meant to be entirely vertical?
Anyways, nice video.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2007, 10:39:49 PM »
The diabolo is meant to be vertical. -That's the whole idea!
Behind your back is your front.

Aaron Z

« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2007, 10:41:35 PM »
 :P Lol, yeah but I thought that maybe by having the diabolo on too much of a vertical plain it would put too much strain downward against the string and have a seizure.

I'm confuzzled  ???

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2007, 12:36:04 AM »
Ohh man. I'm sorry I totally forgot. Your finesse has a wide axle doesn't it?  :-[ Wide axle finesse make Vertax alot harder to hold. Not impossible though. So learning would be a fair bit harder. I'd recommend putting the short axle back on until you have it solid.

William - My bad, hitting my head on the keyboard at the moment. (dkljko)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

cereal

« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2008, 07:33:43 PM »
hello

i'm new to the forum and I see everywhere the trick "excalibur" but i cant find it on the net how to do it ?
if anyone could show me the trick or explain it ?
mayby I the trick but by an other name

greetz cereal

TomerB

« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »
This might help:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHNx8M0RamI

Good Luck !

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2008, 07:50:45 PM »
hello

i'm new to the forum and I see everywhere the trick "excalibur" but i cant find it on the net how to do it ?
if anyone could show me the trick or explain it ?
mayby I the trick but by an other name

greetz cereal

Welcome to the forums, Cereal.

I've merged your thread with this Excalibur tutorial thread - check out the first post for another video tutorial by Sean. This thread is also the basic/beginners question thread, so feel free to look through some of the early posts and see if some of the answers help you.

Also, make sure to check the Trick and Video Archive for your future questions to see if they've been answered already. It's always better to find an old thread than start another one on something that already exists ;).

-Duncan

Roy

« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »
Hi all

I have 8 year diabolo experience but the excalibur doesnt seem to work with my Mister Babache Finnese.
Every Time when I start to lower my right hand and higher my left hand, the diabolo goes almost horizontal.
But when it is almost in excalibur the diabolo flips over.

And spins into a knot..... :'(

Iam right handed

Grtz Roy

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2008, 10:45:16 PM »
Hi Roy,

Strangely, I seem to do a lot of help in this vertax thread  ;).

From what you're saying, and hopefully from what you're NOT saying, it sounds like you're not turning to the left enough (or at all). Watch Sean's tutorial video (first post of this thread) and try to see what you're not doing - then do it!

-Duncan (wondering what Grtz could possibly mean)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal