Author Topic: Need help making combos.  (Read 1963 times)

Steve50013

Need help making combos.
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:48:32 PM »
Hi i'm new and i need helping coming up with combo tricks for 1 diabolo.

MY friend got me to sign up. (Moff3tt)

Steve

n3mo

Re: Need help making combos.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:03:09 PM »
i was reading this page, it helps a lot.
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=214.0

in the few combos that i've played with, i've found the most important thing to be the direction of the diabolo. for example, doing suns, i can easily combo into satellites of any sort, since they are looping and moving the same way. if you do a trick revolving the other way (anti-sun, i think its called?), find some way to reverse the direction gracefully (for example, a simple trapeze or stopover, you can get more complicated as you learn). just be aware that this would entail some of the 'slowing down' tricks that the guys in the above thread talk about.

if you're trying to improvise like antonin and them, some things to learn - as many magic knot variations as you can, suns (especially front/back suns) so you'll always know how to get out of an unexpected tangle around the diabolo, and maybe even turn it into a cool transition while you're at it.

good luck =]
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Squiggle

Re: Need help making combos.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:30:58 AM »
Ok I'm going to just post some random spam and hope it helps.

This is the way i work on new tricks or combo or a part of it.

I figure out the actual trick.

i.e I'll use a continuous wrapped mini g thing im working on.

And A random armstall figure thing i have to enter the trick.

I Get into the Armstall figure let it all unwrap and see how the diabolo is wrapped. I then write the wraps and order of them and write down tricks for each step. So that  it ends up in the wrap that i want for my wrapped mini-genocide.

So for mine i need to start on left darkside. For it to wrap to a wrapped mini-g position. Do my armstall figure. Then go straight to Wrapped mini-g.

So my whole combo is a Few suns , Inverse suicide thing so it goes to left hand back wrap. Then do my trick.  

Then create an exit the same way to open you up to next combo/openstring/speedwrap.

Sory if this aint make any sense, I doubt it does.  Just me *trying* to help.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal