Author Topic: Are You Alone With Diaboloing  (Read 8669 times)

tRPz*

Are You Alone With Diaboloing
« on: March 04, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
Are you the only one out of your mates that does diabolo and has no one to ither play with or to help and teach?

Post a coment on how they could get help without having to watch Vid's on websites.
_            _        _     _
ll_Grammer_Street_Elite_ll

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: Are You Alone With Diaboloing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:11:48 PM »
That is difficult without the internet. There is a similar thread to this one on the link below:

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2628.0
Behind your back is your front.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »
isnt this a really random and pointless topic? an i swear its been discussed before? I think perhaps someone needs to find the search button!

it isnt even a question? wierd... ???
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

baron von ledwidge

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »
yes mate i know what you mean, i go to uni in nottingham and in the diabolo society there is me and one other that do it, but the majority of ht e time just me and its a little frustrating especially as it seems to slow my trick learning down and i ust mess about on the tricls i can do
i aint gettin on no plane fool

Richie

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 07:15:40 PM »
I know 2 great diaboloists who have taught me loads and then there are like 2 average ones besides me and then there are the 3-4 starting out! its spreading like wildfire lol
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

Squiggle

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »

Are you the only one out of your mates that does diabolo and has no one to ither play with or to help and teach?
Post a coment on how they could get help without having to watch Vid's on websites.

isnt this a really random and pointless topic? an i swear its been discussed before? I think perhaps someone needs to find the search button!

it isnt even a question? wierd... ???

Hmm... Not a question?

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:19:39 PM »
I mean, its like he is asking a question on someone elses behalf, trying to get his 'post count' up or somthing. Or is that just me? ???
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 10:37:33 PM »
To be honest  I think that some people are worrying about the forum rules too much. Let a mod decide if a post is within the forum rules or not. Afterall  part of their job is too keep the quality of posts in the forum high.

I'm not saying to not help the mods out but I believe saying 'they're just trying to get their post count up' in the middle of a thread isn't the right way about it. I think this can create unease and the person who asked the question may be uncomfortable about posting anything in the future. I think the 'report to moderator' button would have been better in this case.- At the end of the day they're going decide whether or not a post is suitable anyway.

This post isn't aimed at anyone in particular.

-Leo

Behind your back is your front.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 11:18:54 PM »

This post isn't aimed at anyone in particular.

Oi, did you just eyeball me funny ..? ;-)

As for being alone, I think the Internet has been a great resource in helping people expand their diaboloing and experiencing it better and in more detail than before.  Whenever you bought a diabolo from a toy shop, it pretty much taught you how to get it going and throw it, perhaps a string climb.  Only by learning that there was more to it that I kept at it.  Isn't the Internet great?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 10:01:19 AM »
Being alone can also help motivate you to practice. I don´t have anyone to play with so I´ve learnt all I know from the internet. I don´t think there´s a problem in that but if you like to be around people it might make your practicesessions less fun.

I don´t think they could get help without websites though. Maybe a little through old and crappy books ???

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »
I have loads of people that diab with me and I always feel pressurized to keep up and learn new trick. Would be nice to be more relaxed and not competing.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

mo3

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »
i think you need to have competition, because most of the people haven't got the guts to do everything themselves and push their skills to get better and better and better ;P.

for example i'm still not able to do a excalibur genocide, but because my two diabolo mates now can do it, its something i want to accomplish, too.

Matt D

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
I also think that competition is a way to speed up the learning process. It gives you a motive, my juggling club is even thinking of holding a tournament later this year, even though we know we are the best.

tRPz*

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »
Heh WEll im off to the BJC this year

whenever it is..

I'll see Some Good Stuff There And Try Learn Some
Or Get Some1 To Teach me :P

I've Only Been Doing For Like 4 Months And I Think i've
Got quite Far,, Being able to do 2 diabolo sprinklers and
basic fans

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 10:14:08 AM »
Learning 2d alone in 4 months is pretty sweet!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »
diabolos not so popular up here, atm i cant think of anyone who plays (thats above 10yrs). Since finding load of diab videos on the net, ive learn so many 2d tricks eg: fan, collumns, ahh..i dont know all the names, stalls, genocides, vertax etc

tRPz*

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 06:37:13 PM »
I Love my 1d Tricks , such as genocide/mini geno
                             Vertax tricks
                             Infinate--inf. into geno
                             j-whips
                             Random suicides

I Supose I Got Some Help For Inf. And Genocide
I Saw This Guy Doing It And I Copied And Copied

Then After Like A Week Nailed Both :D

Not Boastin Or Out :D

Richie

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 08:17:51 AM »
j whips?
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

kjm

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 08:16:07 PM »
hehe here in miami i didnt know anyone for a long time unil i found out bout this juggling club at UM and theres 1 kid there and i taught my other freind and hes getting one today lol ohh and im gtetting my 2nd Finesse today too lol already can start it with 2 Circuses

Dan

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 09:52:36 PM »

Learning 2d alone in 4 months is pretty sweet!

Try just over 2 months  8) but then came the issue of speed and corrections for the next month but pretty solid after that (also learned 2D suns before i had anyway other than the initial hover to speed the diabolos up hehe).  3 is a bitch to me at the moment but 3 full rotations after 10 months diaboloing - alone apart from when i was first learning from the fan man ginger_tom and shippy.  As for me i diabolo alone apart from a few apprentices  ;) and also i start my diabolo club after easter so hopefully more students  :P.  

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal