Author Topic: "Is there a ...thread" thread?  (Read 4783 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
"Is there a ...thread" thread?
« on: March 08, 2007, 01:52:14 PM »
OK, I´ve got a few questions about a few new tricks. Some of them I´m pretty sure have already been discussed in other threads, some I´m not certain of but they might have been already. I am hesitating to ask about some of them because they might already have been discussed and asking again would only clutter the forum.

Would it be a good idea to have a thread for asking about if some topics or tricks have already been discussed and if they´ve already been, where that was?

I think that would ease the workload on the moderators and help a few newbies and those who can´t use a computer properly (those like me in other words :-[)

Dan

Re: "Is there a ...thread" thread?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »
This is a good idea.  Ill kick things off with a question about Diabigs - and yes i have searched the forum endlessly for this.

I want some basically, and they need to be the good quality (non aussie) ones preferably in original clear glo.  There is loads of information on the forum about diabigs and how they compare to circus and finesse but i am looking for somewhere to buy them.  In the search function i get all the posts containing diabig yet its all about how good they are.  Ill stop my rambling on now and simply ask if someone could supply some website links where i could purchase some diabigs.  I would really appreciate it and any help on other questions i can give (probably not much since my head is blurry about everything  ;)) ill try my best.

Thanks

Dan

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 05:54:59 PM »
Dan have you found this thread ? http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1025.0. first page seems to offer at least two ways to buy. not sure about the country of origin bit. I've used nev's and GT's they are nice diabolos.

I like the idea, if I understand correctly.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:35:47 PM »
I like the idea, if I understand correctly.

Yes, you understood correctly. Hopefully people will be able to use this rather than reposting things.

pus

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
This is a nice idea, but this topic is hard to find. It was just by accident that I slipped into Policy&Feedback..

would maybe be a little easier if the author moved this topic to another category ;)... Or maybe you want to keep it low profile?

I'm glad you came up with this though..

-Pus
ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »
Most of us (or so I think) go through all the categories if there are any new messages. So pretty much all the active forum members know that there is a thread like this. Hopefully.
The Vitamin Guy

pus

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 02:11:01 PM »

Most of us (or so I think) go through all the categories if there are any new messages. So pretty much all the active forum members know that there is a thread like this. Hopefully.

Yeh, Your right..
We just gotta make sure that all the newbies know that this place exists if they have missed earlier info, or got some questiones..
ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 04:23:07 PM »
I'm sure if you ask Dave nicely he might stick it in the news fader on the forum homepage, make an announcement, sticky this thread or something similar.
Behind your back is your front.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 12:07:05 PM »
This is a nice idea, but this topic is hard to find. It was just by accident that I slipped into Policy&Feedback..

would maybe be a little easier if the author moved this topic to another category ... Or maybe you want to keep it low profile?

I'm glad you came up with this though..

I´m glad you like it, however if you want me to move this I need to know how. Also, I don´t know what the mods would think about that. The thread is meant to be of help, so I wouldn´t mind it moving at all ;)

However, I´d also like to point out that this thread might get out of hand without one rule, make a search on what you´re trying to find before you ask about it. That´s not too much to ask right?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal