Author Topic: which out of these two diabolos should i get  (Read 5813 times)

Matt D

Re: which out of these two diabolos should i get
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 02:18:42 AM »
The spinablo pro has a 1 way bearing that makes spin times alot longer, I've never used it but it sounds like a good diabolo. The Henry's Beach is an all right diabolo, a friend of mine got one. Unfortunately since the cups are made of plastic they can bend permanentely and crack. This happened to my friend.

nieck15

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 02:23:21 AM »
does anyody know how durable the spinabolo one is. It doesnt say anything on the link.

seán_

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:30:16 AM »
choice between a spinabolo and a beach? I'd say if you *had* to choose one of those go for the beach take the money you saved and put it towards a finesse or a circus further down the road (or head straight for one of those if you can stretch to it)
It might be nice to have a bearing diabolo actually but in the end if you intend to stick with diabolo you'll probably want one of the big 3. you might find the long spin times help you initially.

both have kind of hard shells, the beach more so, I don't think they break that easily

Most people use circus finesse or yoho/diabig but you will find people using other diabolos as well
few thoughts here http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

nieck15

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 02:34:43 AM »
I really just want something thats really durable, but also something of good quality as I'm new to the diaboling, and lots of drops are in my future, from high heights.

AkatsukiDiabolo

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »
I'm new to the diaboling

alot of my friends found the spinabolo easier to use when first learning
but then
and lots of drops are in my future, from high heights

hard plastic tends to get jagged sides after too many drops (on gravel, rocks, and asphalt,) to the point of almost shearing skin off. just almost.
and then it can also crack (well im baseing off of the previous jr. model) as said before.

either be careful, or get a finesse or circus i guess
+the bearing in spinabolos can wear out and break after about a year

Squiggle

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:57:25 AM »
I'd say wait and save a bit longer until you have enoguh for Circus or a g2.

Reason is bearing feels quite a bit different to a normal g2 and i think it would be a bit weird to learn on and i DESPISE beach diabolos :)

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 12:54:50 PM »
how about a jazz?

I'd defiantly reccomend a jazz or a medium harlequin over a beach, both will let you progress with diabolo until you feel ready for the switch to one of the 5 inch diabolo's. although it does seem like allot of money for a diabolo at first, the sooner you switch to a CIRCUS or finesse [ i suppose] the better for your diaboloing, if you decide to jack it in, I'm sure you be able to get most of your money back selling it on here or ebay.

David - SAS1

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 04:03:20 PM »

I really just want something thats really durable, but also something of good quality as I'm new to the diaboling, and lots of drops are in my future, from high heights.

For durability you would probably want something with more flexibilty like a finesse.  You probably wouldn't gain much from buyin a cheap diabolo to start.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

nieck15

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 01:45:22 AM »
thanks for the help guys, so this is what your recomending? http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=176 does anybody know where i could possibly get it cheaper? or the circus? From an american website

one.man.band

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 07:41:54 AM »
http://www.higginsbrothers.com/diabolos.htm
This place stocks both, and the finesse is $0.04 cheaper  ;)
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »
i'd go for a circus, because I read on the butterfingers website that Mr B might be bringing out a V3 finesse  http://www.butterfingers.co.uk/MBNewProducts.asp mind you knowing them its not concrete.

you wont regret getting one of the big three or a jazz

David - SAS1

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 06:11:23 PM »

mind you knowing them its not concrete.

even though most of my stuff is MrB, the G3 might take years if you compare the production of that compared to the production to the bearing axel
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Richie

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »
Save up for a finesse you will not regret it i have 2 and they are perfect apart from they are covered in mud! lol never diabolo in a muddy field
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

nieck15

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »
ok, so i decided ill just spend the extra 15 and get the finesee g2, is the string that higgins brother have on their website good. Euro Diabolo String 25m http://www.higginsbrothers.com/diaboloacc.htm

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »

ok, so i decided ill just spend the extra 15 and get the finesee g2, is the string that higgins brother have on their website good. Euro Diabolo String 25m http://www.higginsbrothers.com/diaboloacc.htm

It'd be ok. Henrys string tends to be the best but you won't notice the difference really when you are beginning to diabolo.
Behind your back is your front.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »
I think the Henrys Beach is a superb budget diabolo and perfect for learning with.  The cups are harder plastic so will scuff up but I don't think they'll ever crack.  The weight is much better than a Medium Harlequin or a Jazz, plus the diameter of the cups is pretty good (at 120mm as opposed to 105).  Plus the hubs are really really durable and the little bit of grip really helps accelerating when you're starting out.  I think the Beach is a great diabolo for it's price and a great workshop diabolo as well.

I learnt 2 with them and am not disappointed, especially at a price like that.  I only use Circuses because I like the extra weight and they don't hurt as much when they're dropped on unprotected toes.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal