Author Topic: I could really use some help with 2d leg orbits  (Read 4794 times)

Richie

I could really use some help with 2d leg orbits
« on: March 13, 2007, 07:51:53 AM »
Im sorry if this is in another post but i couldn't find anything useful.

The problem is that i can't seem to start it ???. which means i don't know where to go from the 2d shuffle to leg orbits and back i can't seem to find anything about it.

Any help would be good.
Also videos will be very helpful if there are any.
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: I could really use some help with 2d leg orbits
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
What worked for me was driving with my right hand so the shuffle was wide enough and the shuffle was solid so I could just slowly slide my leg through
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Susannah

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 02:15:09 PM »
There are a few things to consider...balance is important, if you find it hard to balance on one leg whilst concentrating on 2d, you may need to practice against a wall to begin with.
You need to raise your leg prior to sticking it out, so that you have enough time to stick it through the pattern. Then you should give the diabolo you want to pop over first a bit more of a push as it goes round (this should make it stay on the left for just a little bit longer before it goes over the top) and you also need to widen the gap between your sticks to open up the pattern and allow space for your leg - this should be done at the same time as you stick your leg through.
I do have footage, but haven't got it online at the mo....will see what I can do if no one else provides you with a link to something suitable.
Good Luck :) HTH

Susannah

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 05:46:34 PM »
I couldn't do it untill I started it off a right backwrap or a right trapeze. It was easy after I tried that.
Behind your back is your front.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 05:58:20 PM »

I couldn't do it untill I started it off a right backwrap or a right trapeze. It was easy after I tried that.

As in do a trapeze/backwrap, then raise leg over diabs? and then unwrap and push diabolos over, or unwrap so that unwrapped diabolo goes straight over the leg and continue motion?
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Richie

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
I just found a clip bout 3-4 seconds of a guy starting it by doing a trapeze then up doing it, any tip of the trapeze part and of course the exit.

thanks
New Years Resolutions :

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:27:07 PM »

There are a few things to consider...balance is important, if you find it hard to balance on one leg whilst concentrating on 2d, you may need to practice against a wall to begin with.

hey, keep your feet on the ground! its so ugly to balance with one leg! :)

before leg orbits are possibly you must have ability to control size of the suffle.. do big async 2d suffle.. it must be so slow that you have time to put your leg over the string when one is on the air.. then just keep doing 2d suffle.. it works basically like normal suffle..

starting leg orbit from trapeze isnt that easy.. i suggest you try to do it without that..

Richie

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
Im sorry but what is an async shuffle? how is it different from a normal one?
New Years Resolutions :

seán_

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »
asynch is the slower larger both handed shuffle, the hands move out of time, play around with your shuffle you'll soon get the idea.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 08:32:33 PM »

As in do a trapeze/backwrap, then raise leg over diabs? and then unwrap and push diabolos over, or unwrap so that unwrapped diabolo goes straight over the leg and continue motion?

No, as you unwrap the BW/Trapeze stick you leg in the middle. I think it helps give the shuffle momentum or something.
Behind your back is your front.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »
See, I would have said get into a trapeze/stopover, get your leg over and then use the force of the unwrap to send the unwrapped diabolo over the leg and continue the motion.  It is difficult though because there isn't a huge amount of space to stick a leg inside a 2D shuffle.  Not like 3D shuffle, there's a triangle to put your leg.  No space in a straight line...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt D

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 02:47:34 AM »
I always do this trick from a Right hand armstall, THen I put my foot over the string and start the shuffle, you have to have a good shuffle that you can do big enough so it doesn't hit your leg. TO exit I just do a suicide attempt, (left sun let go of right stick), make sure to let go of the right stick late or both diabolos will fly off. Hope that made sense.

monkiatzu

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:39 AM »
hey how long does it take to learn this trick, because i cant do it and ive been trying for a while

seán_

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
hey how long does it take to learn this trick, because i cant do it and ive been trying for a while
We'll tell you how long it takes you after you learn it. ;)

Honestly there is no way to say how long an individual trick is going to take you somebody to learn. just well it took me a week, or it took me ages or I nailed it second go. For any given trick and 3 diaboloists you could get the same answer for the same move.

It also depends on where your level is currently at, how comfortable you are with leg moves in 1 various things.
I'd say either stick with it or leave it for now, work on some other moves for a bit and come back to it in the future

monkiatzu

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 01:40:05 AM »
thats true, very wise
believe it or not, i left it and learnt the vortex lol
but im geting the lego robit, i just have to do it with both legs on the floor
thanks for that
chris

seán_

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:34:18 AM »
A lot of people don't get around to doing it with both feet on the floor. Those that do tend to turn a bit sideways to make room.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal