Author Topic: Henry's Circus - Vega light kit - please rate your opinion  (Read 3519 times)

Richard

Henry's Circus - Vega light kit - please rate your opinion
« on: March 14, 2007, 04:59:15 AM »
Hi guys,

I've got Henry's circus and want to enjoy the thrill of using light kits without having to purchase Mr. Babche (not cause I don't like them but just don't want to fork out for another 3 new diabolo's if I can help it)  ;D

Does anyone know what the light kits on the Henry's are like?  issues, problems with breaking, unbalanced?

http://www.henrys-online.de/En/E-Leuchtartikel.htm

I'd love to have a bit of prior knowledge before ordering.

Thanks in advance!

Rich

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Henry's Circus - Vega light kit - please rate your opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 05:34:02 AM »
If you don't mind Mr. Babache light kits- Check out this adapter
Quote from:  Firetoys Website
This nifty kit allows the following diabolos to accept Mr Babache evolution light kits and weights:
Henry's Jazz, Henry's Circus, Babache Harlequin, Babache Rubberking, Radiant medium and Jumbo Radium. You simply remove the existing bolt and slide the conversion kit onto the main axle. You can then fit the babache light kit and weight kits easily. The kit adds 4g to the weight of the diabolo.

Firetoys will receive a bill soon ;)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Richard

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:12:38 PM »
Thanks a lot Will.

Do you think the Babache light kits are better than the Henry's Vega?

Please help - there's so many choices!

Rich

stryju

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:13:52 AM »
thay are cheaper for sure :-)

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 09:55:10 AM »
I don't know as I haven't tried either. I know someone who has the MB one that I will try soon.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Dan

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »
Ok awhile back i was pretty much in the same position as you were.  I didn't want to spend the money on the Vegas kits since the MB lights are so much cheaper (therefore cheaper to repair/replace aswell) so i bought the converter from firetoys to allow me to use the MB light kits on my circus's.  I had some problems with it because it kept causing my diabolos to consistently become offbalance through use.  I got really pissed off with them and eventually splashed out on some G2s so i could fit the kits to them.  I still prefer my circus's but moon coloured finesse with lights in look so good at night.  I hope that can help you a little bit but I'm not sure if anyone else had an issue with weight distribution as i have.  

Dan

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »
I've used both

- the MB kits are better [design, weight, durability, brightness]
-the Vegas kits make your circi  heavy and don't look as good
-the adaptors are a decent idea but circus cups will never look as good.
-if your serious about light diabolo splash out on two moon G2's and MB light kits, or just try one for now, i have been tempted myself many a time.

HTH

brind0g

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 07:15:16 PM »
Ive got 2 G2's and light kits for both and ive found them very very good, weighted very well, balance is really good... And the lights are actually light up really well... im going to take out 2 of my 3 red ones, and replace them with my own.. i know how to do a bit of soldering so im gonna have a fiddle :P

Richard

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 03:42:14 AM »
 :P Hmmm.... Thanks heaps for all the responses.

This is what I've gathered from what I've seen so far:

1. The MB light kits are cheaper, lighter and better than the Vega

2. The mounting brackets for the Circus to fit the MB light kit makes the diabolos unbalanced  >:(

3. It would be more adviseable to go with MB G2 diabolo's with the light kits.

What are the moon G2's?  Are they the luminous ones?  http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/mr_babache_finesse_g2_diabolo_lumo.html

Thanks for all your help

Rich

JC

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 05:17:21 PM »
2. The mounting brackets for the Circus to fit the MB light kit makes the diabolos unbalanced  Angry

That is not correct, if they are mounted well they make the diabolo never unbalanced.
If the bolts are loose they get unbalanced, but you could avoid that if you fix screws with glue
into the bolts...
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal