Author Topic: 3D wrap to instant shower.  (Read 2984 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
3D wrap to instant shower.
« on: March 28, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »
OK, this topic has almost certainly been discussed before (would be strange if it hadn´t) but I just can´t find it through the searchfunction. I need help with making an instant transfer from shuffle to shower with a wrap. I can do the normal wrap but I don´t get enough lift on the middle Diabolo to go up. As usual I can´t provide a video :( so...anyone got any tips in general?

BTW, I truly am sorry for being a nuisance to the moderators. I know the normal accelration must´ve been discussed before, but I can´t find it either in "tricks" or through search.

martijn

Re: 3D wrap to instant shower.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 05:05:53 PM »
Really, it's not that hard. enter "hover" and only check the Trick and Tutorial boxes at the Advanced search.

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1691.0

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »
No, I meant the trick where you do a wrap accelration and go from a shuffle to a shower instantly (it´s not in that thread). It´s the one where you do a normal wrap, but the middle diabolo goes up high and you move into a shower (Yabe, Antonin and William does it I think). Wrap hover is a different trick.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »
do you mean when you unwrap and go directly into wrapping the one you unwrap on the first pass like Baptiste does?

Josh

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »
I think what Diabolo88 means is if you do a regular 3D low shuffle, then wrap one and pop the other two up into 3 high i.e. one of the ways of transitioning from low to high other than just popping them higher.  I think the confusion is over the use of the word "shower" as it's always mostly a shower pattern.  

As for tips, I don't know.  Like you mention, those people do it fine as well as many others.  From the looks of things, when you unwrap, you really want to crank the one that's left on open string (so not only force with the right hand but also lift with the left hand quite high).  The middle one then pops up high enough to throw the one you've wrapped in, the other one and then the one you popped up.  I imagine it's a split second timing right after one of the other two diabolos comes off the string that you give the middle one full attention to lift it up.

If that makes any sense.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »
I think what Diabolo88 means is if you do a regular 3D low shuffle, then wrap one and pop the other two up into 3 high i.e. one of the ways of transitioning from low to high other than just popping them higher.  I think the confusion is over the use of the word "shower" as it's always mostly a shower pattern.  

As for tips, I don't know.  Like you mention, those people do it fine as well as many others.  From the looks of things, when you unwrap, you really want to crank the one that's left on open string (so not only force with the right hand but also lift with the left hand quite high).  The middle one then pops up high enough to throw the one you've wrapped in, the other one and then the one you popped up.  I imagine it's a split second timing right after one of the other two diabolos comes off the string that you give the middle one full attention to lift it up.

If that makes any sense.

Chiok

Yes, that´s the exact trick I meant and I think that tip is probably really helpful. Thank you very much Chiok.
Too tired to practice now so I´ll give it a try tomorrow ;D. I was also thinking about moving into async, but it´d look a lot "cleaner" if that could be avoided.

Sorry to everyone for the confusion (my english is crappy sometimes :(). When I wrote shower I actually meant 3 high and with shuffle 3 low.

_Rezi

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 10:47:27 PM »
well check my pages http://www.diabolo.morha.com/index.php?id=tricks/tricks&strana=1&smaznout=1
and there is it as expolosive start
actually its not from 3low shuffle but from 2low shuffle with third in acceleration wrap, but its possible as well from 3 low shuffle (umberto did it in drop and change 0:02:22)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »
No problem, hope it helps.  The explosive start that Rezi mentions is probably a good practice for the trick, wrap one in and then go straight into a high pattern.  Then work into doing it from a shuffle.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »
Thank you for all the tips. It will probably help a great deal.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal