Author Topic: Fever Of Diabolo  (Read 5412 times)

dednightwarriorjamxp

• VotW Contributor
Fever Of Diabolo
« on: November 16, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »
Joona

Diabolo Bro

Re: Fever Of Diabolo
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:35:47 PM »
nice video. Liked the mini infinite with 2d, looks interesting.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:49:36 PM »
Very impressive skills, but the video itself kind of let you down. Try and avoid inside shots, especialy when its in your house, you obviously can film outside as you have done in a few scenes so its worth taking time over the filming to think about the best background. I liked the editing you had going, especialy when you were doing 3d in all of the diferent positions on the chair swing thing, but you did cut that very short. If I was going to be very picky i'd suggest you take time getting 1 or 2 of those tricks cleaner and smoother before you filmed them as in a couple it looked as if you nearly fell over.
But like I said, incredible skills, especialy for someone of your age. Looking forward to the next video!
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 05:41:46 PM »
I'd already seen some of your other videos and you have quite a few awesome trick ideas!
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
Yes, nice skills. The 2d infinite suicide caught my eye.
please watch video from youtube because here it's not working very well and it looks much better in high quality
Not sure why you'd say that. The video here should technically be higher than the "high quality" link on youtube.

It does take a while (maybe 30 minutes) for all the high quality versions to be converted by youtube, and until then, the higher quality embedding won't work. I've gone to great lengths for the embedding to provide the highest quality option. There are 4 potential qualities available on youtube. The one embedded here is at level 3/4. The highest quality version often doesn't exist (doesn't for yours) and I believe it can't be embedded yet. The "high quality" option you click on in youtube is only at level 2/4. i.e. the quality here should be better... although depending on the initial video quality it may be imperceptibly so.

Don't believe me? Download the video embedded here and the youtube "high quality" version. The version embedded here is 15.9mb; the high quality version on youtube is 13.5mb; and the lowest quality version on youtube is 8.5mb.

Ethan

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 10:45:29 PM »
really nice stuff, left handed vertex genocides look sweet
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »
Excellent! I like the inside shots. Clearly some of the tricks had a higher difficulty level because of the low ceiling.

The Void

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 06:58:45 PM »
After watching about half a second of this, I thought "oh, it's just going to be another 'look mum' kid video", but I have to say you held my attention all the way through. Obviously you've got lots of tech skills, but it was the fun stuff & slight variations on things that I liked. Particularly the face you pulled when putting your leg through the 3 diab shuffle :-). Plus the editing.

Good work.

The Void
Camera>Menu>White Balance>Indoors
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Circuspaul

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »
Nice work man, well edited and great variety of shot ideas (the wooden swing sequence was nice). You cut your tricks really well to the music.
Ive wanted to see a sprinkler inf. suicide for ages and been trying for as long, you nailed it and made it look great, awesome!

Respect CBPx
Paul Incredible: E:- info@paulincredible.com
M:- 07748957564- W:- www.paulincredible.com

Jn4s

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 02:02:22 PM »
Really nice stuff .

And really nice 2d suicade combos .

monkiatzu

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 12:52:13 AM »
Gotta agree with Jn4s they were pretty nice combos, cool editing too especially when vertexing :)
Very impressice :D

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 03:14:58 AM »
I remember seeing your old videos and thinking "psh, weak.." now that your like 100x better than me I can't say that anymore ::)
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
yeah i saw this before on youtube but it deserves a comment here too. pretty good. i especially like the first trick.

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 11:59:31 PM »
Pretty good skills, especially the 2 infinites.

But i've got to tell you, that music was just terrible, it made me want to turn it off like every second of watching...

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 01:19:03 AM »
it made me want to turn it off like every second of watching...
And you can, with a handy think called a mute button. Who would have thought it?

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 02:31:09 AM »
i personally really liked the music, great video though
can't believe its not butter

seaneatsmuffins

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 01:15:58 AM »
seen this a lot but never gets old love the vertax
Nobody else like me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal