Author Topic: Yoho Superspin or Spintastics Spinabolo?  (Read 4022 times)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Yoho Superspin or Spintastics Spinabolo?
« on: April 06, 2007, 05:52:29 PM »
Should I get a Superspin or a Spinabolo? I already had a Spinabolo, it just recently broke, and I was wondering which of the two I should get.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Yoho Superspin or Spintastics Spinabolo?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 01:18:07 AM »
Yoho superspin are really nice, but you can't use them for ufo grinds due to the design in the cup which is a pain.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Ryderus

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 03:44:55 AM »
Yeah, they're actually really similar diabolos talking about performance and spin duration.. well that's why they're named like that ::) But as Will said, yohos have a different cup design that will make UFO grinds difficult.
If you talk spanish I would be pleased to welcome you to my my starting latin diabolo forum. http://diaboloec.foroportal.es/

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:18:34 AM »
Yeah sure does. I also just noticed it kills your string if you use any sort of stick that has string coming out of the top. Finesse spin for ages If you can get a thin (plate spinning?) stick into to middle of the cup where you put the Allen key in.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Ryderus

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 04:31:40 AM »

Finesse spin for ages If you can get a thin (plate spinning?) stick into to middle of the cup where you put the Allen key in.

hmm.. didn't get that :o It would be ncie if you explain it, cause it really sounds useful for finesse users :P
If you talk spanish I would be pleased to welcome you to my my starting latin diabolo forum. http://diaboloec.foroportal.es/

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 07:20:14 AM »
I believe that the Spintastics diabolos have a groove on their axle whereas the Yohos don't. The lack of groove can contribute to increased rubbing of the string on the Yohos, loss of spin and turning diabolos. I've also found many yoho superspins that don't stay straight (when multiple diabolos are used). Oh, and some superspins easily come unscrewed over time or when they are dropped hard (at least they used to... maybe this has changed).

I've never got to try the 2 types side by side, but from what I can remember, and what a number of other people have told me, I'd go with the Spintastics Spinabolo. (or better - wait for the modded bearing axle for the henrys circus!)

Ryderus

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 01:18:11 AM »
Yeah.. I think you're totally right Sean.. although both have good and bad points; a better decision would be to get a Spinastics Spinabolo. Or at least this is what I think, and I think it has some good arguments to be truth.
You're right about the lack of resistance on yohos; some good falls, or hits to the wall (when you get angry or frustrated ::) ) cause the axel to weaken and start unscrewing..
Spinabolos have a better resistance and a more solid construction; this contributes to a better and longer spin and an overall better performance ;D

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 10:39:20 PM »
Ok, cool thanks for your input!
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Roland

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:07:01 AM »
from my experiences yohos are quieter and are smoother until you drop them too much and they loosen...
I think this is because there is a little metal piece that wedges it together and it cuts into the plastic holder, which causes it to loosen.  However, this does not cause the cups to loosen much, because it is only the plastic piece shifting around...

Jimthegrim

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 04:32:10 PM »
Ive got a spinab and when it loosens just a little bit, the rotations become more and more eccentric at speed and it rapidly starts vibrating out of control. the only way to stop it is to stick grind until it straightens. apart from that spinabolos are pretty solid.

jim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal