Author Topic: Best/Favourite Handsticks  (Read 4057 times)

Ryderus

Best/Favourite Handsticks
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:02:35 AM »
Well... I have been saving to get the best of the best in Diabolo equipment.. I already got the money for 2 henrys circuses. Now i want to know your opinion.. What handsticks are the best? At the moment I use MB aluminium short. I want to get a pair of handsticks that are good for grinds and UFO grinds, and also, very resistant (cuz I tend to hit 'em when I get angry >:( )
I was thinking about Henrys Carbonfiber.. but I'd really like to hear your opinions.. ;D So what would you recommend??
If you talk spanish I would be pleased to welcome you to my my starting latin diabolo forum. http://diaboloec.foroportal.es/

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: Best/Favourite Handsticks
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:14:34 AM »
I recommend you use the search function.

This is probably what you're after:

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2448.0
Behind your back is your front.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:47:16 PM »
well i use henrys carbon fyber's and they are great! ;D the only thing that i dislike about them is that they tent to rattle and creak but apparantly this is normal.
but do check before you make a new tread. normally its allready out there!

mofro.
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

theathena

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:27:16 PM »
I just got in some new fiberglass handsticks and they are AWESOME.  They were a big change from my wooden ones.  I would recremend the fiberglass handsticks.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »
anything is an upgrade from wooden sticks!

mofro.
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

theathena

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 09:49:39 PM »
You have got a point there, no point in arguing with you on that one.

n3mo

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 01:06:06 AM »
i have short carbons, they're fine with me =]
to tell you the truth, i rather like my wooden sticks...the only gripe i've ever had with them is the fact that the knot is on the side of the stick and messes up infinite suicides and other stuff.
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Roland

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 04:03:47 AM »
if you diabolo too much with wooden sticks you get nasty blisters then calluses...
so switch to anything else by all means...

Martin_

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 01:06:15 AM »
I wouldn't mind trying out some short carbon fibre's, but I've smashed my aluminium ones around for about 14 months now and they are perfectly fine still so why spend money on something new when what you have works fine.

One quibble with them is if you catch a bone at speed with a stick release they can really smart for a bit.

I've used wooden ones and had to saw them in 1/2 because i was too used to the short aluminium ones (they were mine although later donated to a friend along with my purple circus i've not seen in about a a year).

DALE

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 12:29:19 PM »
the only problem with carbs is they break too often. Then you have to spend more money on gettin a new pair at least once a year >:(

so i use henry's aluminium.
Work pays off eventually but ........ lazyness pays off NOW!

Radium

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 07:10:44 PM »
I recently got Henry's short carbon fibres (today ;D) and I will never look back, their great for grinds, as they're shorter they're helpful in around the body tricks and the flexibility just adds a tiny extra speed for every pull. I highly recommend them if you don't mind spending an extra 50p for string.

Radium
Why does a fallen diabolo make more sound than a vertax genocide?

Want a free PS3
http://ps3.f4e1.com/index.php?referral=1566

Radium

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal