I fell asleep
0 (0%)
Mildly drozy
0 (0%)
Normal state of arousal
2 (18.2%)
That woke me up a bit
5 (45.5%)
God im going to be buzzing for the next 2 minutes (wheres my diabolo?!)
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: January 21, 2005, 04:35:43 PM

Author Topic: Firing Squad, by Ifrit  (Read 8092 times)

Ifrit

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« on: January 21, 2005, 04:35:43 PM »
This is my first ever vid both in terms of using a camera and editing hence the leaving the camera in on position rather than moving about in a professional manner. Theres nothing original in this vid which is a pretty damn gay thing for me to do. There is alittle wierd leg wray weavy suicidy thing but its nothing big. I blame the on the spotness of it as it was a spur of the moment kinda thing. Hence the little wobble on the foot windscreen wipers but i really didnt have the time to go back and do it again.

http://lavatwlight.spymac.net/fireingsquad.mov

Normal drill “save target as” rather than streaming, as it’s a crappy free host.

Some feed back from diaboloists would be cool, positive wouldn’t go a miss but must be accompanied by a minimum of 1 negative yet constructive piece of insight.

*by the way any gamers now the music?

** also just thought i would add my expression is not lothing for my lovly new jazz but rather me trying not to be blinded by the strange amount of sun we had that day.

*** and yes for those of you who frequent the firetoys website you have seen this post in the not to distant past.

Sean

• Administrator
Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 05:02:46 PM »
Ifrit,

Your style is very smooth, particularly the stick grind sequence at the beginning. I don't think that sort of style can be taught, and you have it. There are some nice 1 diabolo tricks (nice to see Luke's trick of the week in there ;) ).

Am I the only person who thinks you look like an early version of JiBe? Maybe it's the hair and clothes... maybe it's the style of tricks... I'm not sure. :)

So you want some constructive critisicm? A variety of well thought out backgrounds generally makes for a more interesting video to watch. Also, you may want to synch the end of your audio with the video so that people don't have to download all that black video at the very end.

If in the future you need more bandwidth for a juggling video, you may want to have a look at http://jugglethis.net .

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to more.
Sean

diabololi

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 05:33:11 PM »
Yup Jibe is the first thing I thought too! And it is very smooth and stylish.

Arjan

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 07:05:31 PM »
Offcourse I know the music!!! It`s from AOM  :D  I don`t play it any more though.
You vid is nice... the music partely adds to that.
Yeah, some different backgrounds would be cool. The outtakes are very different, in this case surpizingly cool.
Your style is nice, develop and hold on to that!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 12:15:49 AM »
very smooth, beautiful style. I agree with the JiBe thing, i actually thought it was him at first. Stay true to that style, even if 'kick-ass' diabolo temps you. Keep it up, that was great.

lemony

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 10:38:46 AM »
great style!! i wish i could be that smooth... i tend to end up looking like i'm attacking the diabolo, not playing with it  :D i actually quite like the idea of the single background... how long did it take to film the clips?
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

martijn

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 11:55:44 AM »
Nice style, great tricks, (I noticed the JiBe-thing :P ) and relaxed music m8! Cool movie!  :)

Ifrit

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 12:36:10 PM »
Thanks for your insights guys.

Its not surprising you all saw a resemblance to JiBes early stuff, as that was the first proper diabolo (i.e. not just animations or people doing high tosses). I suppose that has influenced my idea of what diabolo should be like ever since. The hair mind is just a logical step; it’s very hard to do diabolo with it in your face all the time and now it’s just impossible to take it down :).

Also I think the large amount of fire poi, staff and diabolo pics i took this last summer have had a large effect in the way that its hard not to think in terms of drawing with the diabolo now.

I know the background is not great but i was really concentrating on making sure i could compress it batter than a video i made a while back with my mates (staff, devil sticks and diabolo). It was a bit of a **** up as we filmed wit a real nice tree as the background and it just would compress to a nice enough standard. Maybe in the summer or a none windy day ill give it another go.

lemony the video was a bit a spur as i mentioned before took about 20mins to film and 40 to edit but about 2 weeks to get on the net :evil: .

Norbi I’m not sure I get what you mean by 'kick ass' diabolo?

Sean thanks for the link to that juggling host site but how much can you upload at one time?

Tom_G

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 12:45:15 PM »
Nice vid - like the grind combo and some of the arm stuff. Some criticism - I saw that you can do some 2d in your intro, so that would be cool in the next one! :)
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Sean

• Administrator
Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 04:07:14 PM »
Quote from: Ifrit
Sean thanks for the link to that juggling host site but how much can you upload at one time?

You'll have to ask Tom that question. I don't think there are limits within reason. You will have to create an account first.

Tom Derrick

Firing Squad, by Ifrit
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 06:12:55 PM »
Quote from: Sean
Quote from: Ifrit

You'll have to ask Tom that question. I don't think there are limits within reason. You will have to create an account first.

There are several files around the 50Mb mark, so there should be no worries about how much you can upload.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal