Author Topic: 3 diabs dominant hand  (Read 4579 times)

Zosivacka

3 diabs dominant hand
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:46:46 PM »
Ok dudes. So ive decided to do synch shuffle
However, its about two hands, not just one. Im lefty and when shuffling 3 diabs i use only right hand
(same as when righties would use left hand). But when looking on videos im getting that impression, that
the opposite hand is more important (lefties left, righties right) - the hand wich lowers the diabolos. So
is it really true? And tell me pls what must i do to synchronize both hands. Thx

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 diabs dominant hand
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 01:21:20 AM »
I now find myself using my right hand a whole lot for 3 low synchronous shuffle which has made my pattern more stable. However, I do tend to use the left a whole lot too, but not as much as the right.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

AkatsukiDiabolo

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 06:56:03 AM »
is synch easier than asynch when learning 3? because right now i cant really settle on which way to try to use and that's not helping me much..

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »
It's an odd one.  The dominant hand is the important one if you want to get any power from the shuffle, but to start with, I found it easier to make progress with three by lifting the diabolos from my left hand (I'm right handed).  When I was doing that, my shuffle was slow and unstable.  It took me a long time to start getting good power from my right hand, but I don't have any regrets about getting where I am through those steps.

I think the problem may be that with two, my left hand never did any driving, so it was quite easy to make it learn something new.  But my right hand had been doing two diabolos for about 10 years (well, I stopped occasionally...), so to some degree, I had to unlearn some of the things I was used to doing, and relearn them for 3.

These days, my shuffle is a lot more right handed, but the left hand is still important.   When you can change the balance between your hands, you can comfortably choose the speed and shape of the shuffle, and you can correct the spacing of the diabolos.  You can use more left hand to make a diabolo cross the top more slowly, and more right hand to get it across the bottom quickly.

I wouldn't worry about the synch/asynch distinction.  As you improve, you'll be able to do both anyway - just push at it!

Zosivacka

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 11:25:15 PM »
thx.
My record was about 4 circles(so 12 throws, dunno exactly, they were getting from wide to narrow/small).
However i found that its better for me when i move the whole pattern to left(same like rightie would
moved it right), but im little confused because i didnt see anybody to do it. I just see they keep it in
center or on the other side(on left for righties, on right for lefties). What do you think of that?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »
I don't know if this would help but try shuffling synch then slowly reduce to use of your left hand?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »
This will be my whole personal experience on learning three ;D.

I have a heavy synch pattern and I have to say it´s probably more timeconsuming to learn this shuffle at first (atleast if you use a wrapstart)however, it makes adding speed faster and it´s very relaxed. The diabolos stay in line by themself in a synch pattern. It makes it more difficult for siteswaps though. Also, correcting in synch is probably more difficult.

I learnt my shuffle from taking down three high so gradually the pace would change. It seems to me that most people who get three high first learn synch, and people with wrap/stopoverstarts learn asynch (don´t know about that fact for sure though).

I drive three with my right hand only, and I sometimes lift my left a little bit when correcting or when they get out of pace. However, I can use my left as well to make the shuffle big(kind of like Ryo´s). This means both hands move at the same time, but the right is still heavily dominant. With a shuffle only driven by the right hand, you can very easily lift your left even higher to play with the shape, do three with a partner or move in to asynch. Synchpatterns usually end up in the middle of your body since the left is loose (unless your name is Trash ofcourse ;)).

My recommendation would be to learn synch first, and learn asynch after. However it´s so difficult to say so...do what you feel suits you. As Barnesy said, with practice you should learn both.

Zosivacka

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »

I drive three with my right hand only, and I sometimes lift my left a little bit when correcting or when they get out of pace. However, I can use my left as well to make the shuffle big(kind of like Ryo´s). This means both hands move at the same time, but the right is still heavily dominant. With a shuffle only driven by the right hand, you can very easily lift your left even higher to play with the shape, do three with a partner or move in to asynch. Synchpatterns usually end up in the middle of your body since the left is loose (unless your name is Trash ofcourse ;)).

You was talking about righties I suppose, so if im leftie right is left and left is right

I learnt my shuffle from taking down three high so gradually the pace would change. It seems to me that most people who get three high first learn synch, and people with wrap/stopoverstarts learn asynch (don´t know about that fact for sure though).

Im sorry to say that your theory isnt true, atleast for my friend, because he learn 3 diabs from high to low, but he makes asynch. Priam is the same case...

However 10Q for your hints. 10X everyone for their hints

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 03:16:09 PM »
^Oh well, it´s just a theory ;).

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 10:40:02 PM »
what i found when learning three was that all my problems would be solved if someone could say do it that way or this way. learning three is different with everyone. i dont think i have seen two shuffles exactly the same. so when it comes to learning three all you need to do is keep doing it. over and over and over and over and over and over again until you pass out from exaustion and then do it a hell of a lot more and you will create your own way of doing three.
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Zosivacka

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 11:00:51 PM »
when it comes to learning three all you need to do is keep doing it. over and over and over and over and over and over again until you pass out from exaustion and then do it a hell of a lot more and you will create your own way of doing three.

Well, actually im affraid if im heading the correct way and not the wrong one when just making over and over the same, so thats the reason why im asking for help. However thx for your posting and even your respond might be usefull to me Thx

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »
it may seem like that at first but subconsciously you will be changing the way you are doing it. promise you this thing doesn't come easy.
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal