Author Topic: Body moves  (Read 9010 times)

Tom Derrick

Body moves
« on: January 23, 2005, 04:22:41 PM »
I'd like to learn some around the body tricks, but I don't really know where to start. I can do leg and body orbits, but not a lot else.

Also, would it help to have a longer string? It's about 120cm long at the moment.

All help is appreciated.

Tom Derrick

seán_

Body moves
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 05:39:21 PM »
On string length I always used to set my string so it felt right for orbits around both arms!

Things that come to mind on body orbits to me would be thinking about different exits and entrys (suicides and slow suicides come to mind for exits, stepping through, jumping through and from high for entrys).

Changing the direction of orbits can be nice as well as half pirouettes.

Arjan

Body moves
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 06:12:36 PM »
There are so many things and variations in this category. I`m working on it right now... like exploring new stuff. Mainly Vux`s and Antonins parts on Diabology have set me to do it. Just begin by body orbit, or 2 legs orbits (those are done a little lower)

But just start somewhere... and watch movies.
I`m sure you`ll get the basics pretty soon!

Tom_G

Body moves
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 08:03:04 PM »
Do you mean general body tricks, or just around both legs or body?

Around the arm is great, there are loads of variations you can do - see www.diabolotricks.com for quite a few. After that, and watching a few videos, I've got about 10 arm tricks, which can be tried in almost any order. The most common ones are going onto the backside of the string, and speed loops around the arm,which can be done two or even three times, then other tricks follow (such as the monorail etc.) I find arm moves are easier than other body stuff, and more flexible as well.

Once you've got the basics, there are endless combinations of arm and leg stuff you can try - around both arms, both legs, arm and leg etc. Turning to face the other way is good as well - the diabolo doesn't even have to move at all, you can just move yourself around it.

Tom
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Dax

Body moves
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 11:29:10 AM »
for string length i always say that your arm spam is always a good guideline, give or take a few cm's depending on your preference.

Sean

• Administrator
Body moves
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 12:09:18 PM »
Quote from: Dax
for string length i always say that your arm spam is always a good guideline, give or take a few cm's depending on your preference.

Probably a bit longer than most people's string (except for Tahia). I think  most people these days user string shorter than or equal to shoulder height. Arm span would be the same as head height, of course, for those of us that have fully evolved. :P

There has been a discussion of this in the 2nd page of the Equipment Sticky at the top of the forum.

Sean

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
Body moves
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 09:31:57 AM »
lol i clik ont search i write Tahia: and what do i read? :P well long string is good for all... just if you prefer long string!! all is feeling :) i can't do with a shorter string :) and yes it's help me for the body trick but becauce it's my usual lengh string :)

murifri

Body moves
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 10:47:16 AM »
There are many magic knots to get out of various types of body orbits.  The one diabolo section of videos on Jibe's Diabolo site is a great place to learn interesting body moves and magic knots.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/gibee/diabolo/diabolo_fr.htm

Tom Derrick

Body moves
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 09:45:40 PM »
Cheers everyone. I think I'll get started with some of the more basic tricks from JiBe's site.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal