Author Topic: William at BJC  (Read 6585 times)

Marc

• VotW Contributor
William at BJC
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »
here is a video of William at the BJC renegade, it was a themed on eurovision, where you had to pick a year out of a hat and you had to perform to the song that United Kingdom sang to. there was, i think, 20 people in the crowed with red cards and when 11 went up you were eliminated. the person who lasted the longest won. William won with a run of over 16 minuets.

the link is http://stage6.divx.com/user/cabry/video/1195203/Willaim-Medium-Quality

download link http://video.stage6.com/1195203/.divx

sorry about the spelling mistake in the title of the video.

Hope you enjoy it

Marc Cabry

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: William at BJC
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:26:34 PM »
he was the most amazing performer i have seen, not only can he do the tricks but he does all other little things that make him a true showman, congratulations for you marc for filming it, me, being to shocked at his skill to use a camera, forgot to film his performance and i am grateful that someone filmed it and had put it on the internet

Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 11:45:43 PM »
He was absolutely immense, and like benmorgan said he was such a showman. Definetly one of my favourite aspects of the BJC this year.

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 12:05:16 AM »
Yes that was a very short performance ;D
But I enjoyed it!!!

AkatsukiDiabolo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 05:55:32 AM »
amazing run..the goal is to last the longest, so was most of that improvised?

btw, off topic but i think i accidentally pressed "report to moderator" on someones post here -sorry!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »
Wow, that was stunning (especially the 3D accelrationstuff :o). Very funny guy too it seems. So far most movies of the Taiwanese diabolists has been very similiar me thinks. This vid though showed some originality too apart from those cool tricks.
And like has already been said, a great performer to boot.
He probably even held back a lot of tricks since he can do some cool legcombos as well?

I was totally bummed I couldnĀ“t make it to the BJC (school sucks :() so, thank you for filming this.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »
That was incredible. The thing that strikes me about him is how flexible he is with his diabolos. I mean he can do tricks and then move his body around the diabolo's to enter another trick (like the 1d leg switch.) As said previously the originality came through there alot aswell.

Thanks for sharing,

-Leo

Behind your back is your front.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 08:37:47 PM »
I think it's so cool that he was totally up for it, it was well past midnight but he wanted to play.  He was absolutely rocking that night, and pulled that whole routine out of thin air.  Definitely a showman.  Plus also notice how when he "drops" a diabolo, it never quite touches the floor.

Great camera work too Marc, not sure how noticeable it is, but I think I was able to pretend I was there (well, was kinda).  I wonder what other footage is around of the BJC...

Chiok
(waiting for the post)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 09:09:53 PM »
There is a 3 part video of it on youtube, as is the Newsround coverage of Thursday, but that was insane. Making me depressed as he is so good ;)
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »
Making me depressed as he is so good

That feeling is what pushes you to become better too ;)

Martin_

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »
Really amazing performance. Don't think i have ever seen one that lasts for so long yet doesn't become repetative. I was really annoyed I couldnt make it but transport and financing proved difficult. Those unwrapped inf suicides are amazing.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 07:18:23 AM »
Insanity.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

kah hoe

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »
hihi....can you send me the video please.i cant download the video.

David - SAS1

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 09:53:53 AM »
That was just amazing and his stage presence was so good
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 04:29:57 PM »
yeah you can feel the energy, and he really seems to be having a good time while performing. That combined with awesome style and tricks = jaws on floor
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

iroQuai

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »
apart from some really bad music... ****ing great performance! How old is this guy? He certainly has no trouble feeling comortable on stage - a pleasure to watch this performance!

The trick I liked best was the one with 2d where suddenly one of them went vertax and grinded on the stick with the cup... really can't understand how he did that! did he smash one diabolo on the floor real quickly, or what?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal