Author Topic: Yoho's diabolo  (Read 6226 times)

Jeppesen

Yoho's diabolo
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
hi, i just need to know a little about the yoho diabolo. im thinking of buying three white ones, but then it hit me. does it get miscolored like the cirkus does? or does it keep clean like the finesse ;) ?
3 cirkus( red orange and yellow)with allround tuning kit. 3 finesse( red orange'n green)6.g weight kit on all three and wide axle, henry alu sticks and carbon white. soon 3 yoho's

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Yoho's diabolo
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:15:39 AM »
theyll get dirty if you play on rough or dirty surfaces over time. just give a wash now and then to get the dirty out of the scratch marks. yohos drove me insane because their not balanced properly. the nuts might need a good tightening too. my yoho fell apart yesterday while some kid was playing with it, but it was really old so i dont care, i lost a nut. but still theyre not all bad!

i just noticed that yoho have slightly changed their mold!

Jeppesen

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »
oaky:S does that unbalanced make any difference when you play it?
3 cirkus( red orange and yellow)with allround tuning kit. 3 finesse( red orange'n green)6.g weight kit on all three and wide axle, henry alu sticks and carbon white. soon 3 yoho's

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »
It seems to be the general consensus that the yoho diabolos made in Australia are sometimes a little unbalanced (something I've seen with my yohos) whereas the ones made in Japan (and available from Japanese vendors) are a slightly different plastic and generally are balanced. All those Japanese whiz kids with diabolos wouldn't put up with unbalanced diabolos, right? ;)

These threads from the equipment sticky come to mind:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1025
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=86

brind0g

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »
Ive had one for quite some time, they are OK. One problem ive found is that the axle isnt made of stainless or alu, its some sort of compound metal, and it oxidises, which dirties your string... SO if you have a nice pink, yell ow or what ever coloured string, it dirties it really quick, which will also weaken it, and make it more grippy...

Also the small yoho has a flat axle in the middle, so its ALWAYS going off balance, but the big ones (i think they are called dia-big) balance fine, but sitll have the oxidising problem... :-\

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 10:37:56 PM »
My Yohos are ballanced fine, even when chunks of the rubber/plastic compound are missing. i think they are brilliant and find them more ballanced at slower speeds than henrys or babache, my combo length has increased and i find them a lot easier to use that any of the other leading brands.

Go Yoho! :)

EDIT: as for colour, i have had mine for nearly a month now and they have grass stains but quite bad scratches. I use them on concrete all the time and grass and practise probably around 3 hours on weekedays and god knows how long on weekends. so i would say they are awesome for staying white.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

kyy94312

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 03:19:35 AM »
I have 2 old Yoho Diabig diabolos that my friends given me.  It is very balanced and I used it more often than my other diabolos such as Finesse G2 and Circus.  The newer verison of Yoho is not as good as the old one since I got them both.  It is just less balanced than the old type in my experience.

I recently found the Naranja offer a Ryo Yabe diabolo.  It has bearing type, anyone has used them before?

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »
i wanna get some of those good yohos from japan. my ones are little wonky. what city is the naranja shop in?

kyy94312

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 09:30:21 AM »
Japan.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 05:06:54 PM »
I have the Ryo Yabe non bearing ones, but have used bearing ones and dont feel that they are as smooth as the non bearing. Japan isn't a city :D

kyy94312

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 05:16:46 PM »
I have ordered two bearing diabolos.  Hope it will be fine.  Can order the extra washer to add weight? 

Jeppesen

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
i finally got my yoho's  ;) three brand new white ones:D  but is it normal for yoho's to wobble a lot?

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 12:08:53 PM »
Read through the threads linked to earlier in this thread and decide for yourself.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 06:28:04 PM »
Just wondering if anyone in England, or the UK would be interested in buying yohos? they dont make bearing ones anymore, but the fixed axle are nice. if there was enough demand i could get them to start producing the bearing ones again.

I need lots of feedback please:)

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 12:34:36 AM »
Japan.
japans not a city, i asked because my friend is going there soon and i can get him to check em out, where ever it is.
we just got a batch of yohos with loose nuts, so they wobble a lot, havent figured out the exact problem yet though (axle might be too long), couldnt tighten or undo by hand, im sure some tools will fix it.

kyy94312

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 03:06:34 AM »
I thought you asked the country so I quoted Japan, so I read wrongly.  For city, it is located in Tokyo. 

The address is 1-53-10-1E, Itabashi Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 173-0004 Japan. 

Scooby

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 05:08:10 PM »
I thought you asked the country so I quoted Japan, so I read wrongly.  For city, it is located in Tokyo. 

The address is 1-53-10-1E, Itabashi Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 173-0004 Japan. 

Ok so remember that japanese addresses are way different.

ill see if i can help you out and break it down.

1 - chome (suburb/sub area)

53- city block area

10-1E - the building on that block (probably the "E" Floor) 

Itabashi- the area in Itabashiku.

Tokyo- ITS IN TOKYO!

Hope that helps, in any way..

[if Sensei Hall reads this=  kore desu Ne?     watashi no shukudai wo shima****a. ]
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 07:01:51 AM »
thanks scooby, makes a lot more sense now

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal