Author Topic: Renegade, any reason worth getting it!?  (Read 4987 times)

Purincake

Renegade, any reason worth getting it!?
« on: October 05, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »
I was wondering...

We've all heard of the Renegade diabolo's, right? Well, i was wondering, is there any reason to get them? I heard that they're good for two diabolo stuff, and then there's that little finger spinning thing, but is that it? Is there any other real reason to buy them?

seán_

Re: Renegade, any reason worth getting it!?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:11:08 AM »
History/collecting/memorabilia
They are pretty rare. I don't think they have been made in years.

Most diaboloists these days would find the axle strange

Purincake

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 01:39:59 AM »
History/collecting/memorabilia
They are pretty rare. I don't think they have been made in years.

Most diaboloists these days would find the axle strange

But...http://www.renegadejuggling.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=diabs1.html&cart_id=7080506.5110

gir

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:18:08 AM »
you do not want to get a renegade if you ever do anything involving wraps. it spins extremely stably, but that is about all it has going for it. I have one myself and i am not pleased with it. the axle catches even new string rather easily because it forces the string into itself, causing wrap-ups. just one of the standard 5 inch diabolos would serve you much better.
also, you cant do the finger spinning thing with your actual finger because the residual edge from the molding will slice it open, its not fun, trust me there.
if you dont want to spend more than the 37 that one would cost you, get a pair of beaches, they are overall better than the renegade. the renegade spins well and very stably, but the axle is terrible. you could consider getting a different axle, im actually going to buy a fly axle and slap it onto my renegade when i have the cash.
on the whole, you should not get a renegade

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 09:24:53 AM »
Dekel used to love Renegades, right? Maybe he can tell you if they are worth getting ;)
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:40:25 AM »
Finger curls, more noise than might be reasonable, what seán_ said.

I've got 4 or 5 still.  They're not likely to get any more use but I'm keeping hold of them for nostalgic reasons.  They used to be the only diabolos I would use, even when I also had Henrys.  They seemed to make stuff work for me better than any other diabolo did, perhaps just because of the low speed stability. 

These days, they seem big, loud, clunky and heavy.  I wouldn't recommend them over any of the current popular diabolos, but I'd certainly recommend having a play if you get the chance.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 03:19:43 PM »
Renegade juggling is in my college city... actually I park like a block away from their store when I go to college. I can see if they still make them and stuff and get you inside info, just let me know what you want me to ask them.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

seán_

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:41:25 PM »
Draco, don't get Renegades hopes up about reissuing these :)

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »
i had a blast with three renegades last night just to see if i could do the finger curl and resume shuffle. i couldnt and after the first time i dropped them and heard that nasty noise they make when they hit anything substantial put me off straight away.
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 02:19:09 AM »
Haha, yeah I tried the diabolos once. Really really didnt like them, they are heavy and bulky. I dont intend to promote those type of diabolos for renegade, although I think it would be cool If they made a brand new diabolo, kind of wanted to help them do that... Then again idk they are against sponsoring me and even giving me a slight discout on things I buy, even after I get them a lot of business and spread the word about them. Am kind of *anti*renegade right now :P

Purincake

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 03:04:30 AM »
...Well, all i really wanted to know was are they worth really 37+$ hard earned dollars for a beginning juggler with not even a year's worth experience. Or should i wait a while till i can actually do some of the intermediate/difficult tricks?

Well, actually, i can say that i got an answer, seeing from everyone's experiences with them, i'd say i might have to wait.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 03:09:45 AM »
Purincake if you are looking for a cheap beginners diabolo that is really good I would suggest a Henrys Vision diabolo. They are a bit lighter than usual, but I think they are pretty good for beginners. Dont get a renegade if you are a beginner.

Purincake

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 03:49:16 AM »
Purincake if you are looking for a cheap beginners diabolo that is really good I would suggest a Henrys Vision diabolo. They are a bit lighter than usual, but I think they are pretty good for beginners. Dont get a renegade if you are a beginner.

Ahh, thank you, but i think that the vision would be to light for me, since due to an error on my part, my first diabolo was a finesse G3, and now i have a G4. But thank you, i appreciate the help from all of you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal