Author Topic: New!!! Diamond Handsticks  (Read 32264 times)

Chiok

• Donator
Re: New!!! Diamond Handsticks
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2007, 12:02:04 AM »
You guys are far too harsh on your equipment, the floor, walls and even diabolo are harder than Peter's sticks so you've gotta be careful.  Still, it's always a learning process and you can't really fault Peter's design (except that it's not really for me).

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2007, 01:05:44 AM »
I noticed during normal practice that I wasn't being too harsh, cracks formed around the tip where the knot is, I mean there really isn't a lot of material there, and I know acrylic is strong stuff but it isn't superman.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
sorry Stryju, i replied to your email now...

sorry to hear, about the broken sticks! im currently working hard to find ways to make the sticks more durable, especially the tip region.

@Moffett: you asked in your email about if its possible to buy a single stick. yes it is, i will sell them for 12,50 with free shipping.

generally:
yes, the sticks are still availible and the shipping is still free, worldwide!

i hope to give a more detailed post about the improovements of the sticks in the next weeks ;-)

thanks for all your trust and backing(Tijn, Chiok,...)
Peter

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

martijn

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »
Moffett, I wouldn't count on replacement sticks, because you should know by now that you can't play as rough with them as you can with Henry's alu. If Peter's willing to replace, you're lucky, but I don't think you should count on it.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2007, 01:18:31 AM »
He said that I could purchase another stick. I also do know that they are more fragile, but accidents do happen.

Matt D

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2007, 04:11:44 AM »
You were playing on concrete...how can you say accidents CAN happen, on hard surfaces accidents WILL happen. That first time you sanded it down probably made the weak part of the stick even weaker.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2007, 12:52:16 AM »
Fine, I broke the ****ing stick on purpose because it sucks, NO, jesus christ, I was playing on concrete and I broke it, all I said was that the tip was a weak point because I saw cracks in them before it broke, and now I feel like you guys are attacking me, I had an accident damn, you can't say that hasn't happened to you.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2007, 02:19:24 PM »
Fine, I broke the ****ing stick on purpose because it sucks, NO, jesus christ, I was playing on concrete and I broke it, all I said was that the tip was a weak point because I saw cracks in them before it broke, and now I feel like you guys are attacking me, I had an accident damn, you can't say that hasn't happened to you.

[youtube=425,350]Be6jlCuMvVQ
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Nahxela

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2007, 05:42:32 PM »
Actually, I have to agree that the tips are the weakest points on the sticks, as that's where my GE's broke :(.
In fact, it was all around the horizontal hole for the string...

Oh well, at least Pete was kind enough to send me a replacement :)
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2007, 01:02:22 AM »
LOL! Good one Marijn.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2007, 01:04:41 AM »
[youtube=425,350]Be6jlCuMvVQ

Well how would you feel, I said the tips were weak I saw cracks, I had an accident and one broke, then everyone it seems says "Your wrong, the tips aren't weak, your too hard on your equipment it's your fault," not "That's a valid argument, you should be more careful," :-\ They are still the best sticks I have ever used and probably will continue to use for a long time

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2007, 06:41:07 AM »
It has already been admitted that the tips are the weak point. It is true that people (including me) could have been nicer to you, and i also sometimes kinda lose my temper when i'm really annoyed with something. No offense dude.

''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »
Peter was nice enough to 'donate' a pair of Diamond sticks to me a while back and thought I'd give them a good try before I posted about them.

I wouldn't say they are between henrys aluminum and mb aluminum. They are heavier and bigger than mb extreme sticks. In a sense, I'd say they relate to aluminum sticks the way that aluminum sticks relate to carbon fiber sticks. They feel nice and solid and they make any stick releases slower. Vertax genocides feel like time has been slowed down. I also found them great for practicing continuous wrapped mini-genocides.

I'll admit that at first they weren't what I expected. Over time I have come to really like them. I still use my MB extremes (generation 1s with handmade aluminum ends) a lot of the time (but that's mostly because I like the silicon grips), but pull these out for some variety. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as one of the top quality sticks out there. They certainly won't be for everyone, but those that like some mass behind their sticks might love these.

DaviD Brackpool

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
LOL! Good one Marijn.

i agree nice one

sorry i dragged this up i didnt realize it was this thread was old :-\
by the time you've finished reading this you've wasted roughly 8 seconds of your life.

dyabolo

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2008, 12:42:05 AM »
those look awesome! ;D

Lauri

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2008, 05:40:47 PM »
Just wondering, is the offer for free shipping still standing?

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »
yes, still standing! but i cannot take any orders yet, in 2-3weeks again ;-)

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Midoryu

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2008, 05:30:53 AM »
T.T...this is what my sister said:

"Do they sell those in Canada?  I feel weird buying from Europe..."

No really...do they?  I want a pair, but I can't seem to convince my sister that it's a fair deal, with no shipping and all.  Anyone mind giving me a bit more info for this?
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2008, 07:26:55 AM »
The two major shops that would be your best bet - Higgins Brothers and Goudurix - don't have them at all. I'm pretty sure those two would be your best bet in Canada, and you're plum out of luck with them.

-Duncan

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2008, 11:07:32 AM »
Bit of a bump... Botherd?

Just got my sticks today and they are freaking class! I recommend them to one and all!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal