Author Topic: Taibolo Diabolos (Gong-Qun)  (Read 80767 times)

Aaron Z

Re: Taibolo Diabolos (Gong-Qun)
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2008, 06:05:39 AM »
So are the cups squishy or solid?

More like a fly or a sun? or a stiff sun?

martijn

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2008, 08:40:54 AM »
Not plastic - not rubber - somewhere in the middle - they are soft and squishy like a circus - but still smooth & shiny

Aaron Z

« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »
Yeah, I read that.

But I mean in comparison to a Sun, because I've never touched a circus.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »
Right... you've never touched a Taibolo either, so how are we supposed to explain how it feels. I'm sure nev will only be to happy to sell you one.

Aaron Z

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »
You explain by making the comparison you did with a Circus, only with a Sun.

Eg. same feel, harder/softer etc.

martijn

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
It's not that accurately describable by text (is that even slightly correct English grammar?).

I'd say since the Taibolo cups are a bit thinner than the Sun's, it's a bit softer, but not much. Feels pretty much the same to me.

Aaron Z

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »
Alright, thanks a heap.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
They feel "sexy" - is that enough?

Little firmer than a circus - little softer than a sun
http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=53

www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Chickeneater72790

« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2008, 09:56:07 PM »

Agreed.  Sexy indeed.   :P

at first the cups are firm, yet "pliable."  However, after prolonged usage I think that they get a bit softer, or at least mine did.

Aaron Z

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2008, 07:34:57 AM »

Little firmer than a circus - little softer than a sun
http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=53

I'm convinced. Now I play the waiting game for 3 more months.
By the way, I don't know if I asked this before or not, but do you give 'Christmas Discounts' or anything like that? The more money I save, the more presents I get  ;D

JimmyCords.

« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »
Aaron, I know how you feel. I too am waiting for christmas too some taibolos, or until I can eBay up some funds....
Say Whaaaat?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »
I "might" do an Xmas discount if the pound/dollar rates pick up again by then.

Forgot to mention - the V1 Taibolo's are all reduced to clear whilst stocks last
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Will G

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »
Hi

Whats is the difference between the V1 and V2 taibolos.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
If I remember correctly, a bit less weight in the washers and a bit more weight in the cups for a total weight that is approximately the same. As far as updates to diabolos go, this sounds relatively minor, so the older versions might be a bit of a steal. Keep in mind you can replace the washers yourself and get much of the same benefit. Some people use fly washers. I couldn't get them to stay done up, so I've been using small washers from my local hardware store. Definitely worth changing out the original Taibolo washers. The washers are heavy, and that's somewhere where you probably don't want a lot of weight.

martijn

« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2008, 09:11:18 AM »
I found the difference between the V1 and V2 quite big - I prefer the V2. Then again, others may disagree, Nev told me he barely notices the difference.

Aaron Z

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2008, 07:32:41 AM »
Final deciding question now, which is kind of urgent because I'd like to order today before the discount thing at Nev's store ends;

How long can you get a Taibolo to spin for, just sitting on open string?

How long can you maintain a stick/finger grind for?

Sometimes very light diabolo can make suicides feel quite strange, how do Taibolos fare with Infinite Suicides and Integrals? Do they have the same suicide feel as Suns or Circuses, those heavier diabolos?

Thanks especially to anyone who can answer this today.

Also, is it true that the shine only lasts 30 minutes?

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »
i'm probably gunna buy some for x-mas nev but it turns out that we are gunna have to ship to america and a hotel in the uk (dont ask just...go)
can't believe its not butter

Midoryu

« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2008, 03:59:03 AM »
Aaron:

If shiny taibolos are completely different than non-shiny taibolos, please ignore this post and the comments below.

Ok, so you're curious anyway.  I can't really tell you how long it spins for, because it obviously depends on how much power you put into it and how long you pull it for.  Added that the only "trademarked" diabolos I've EVER played are ONLY my taibolos, so I can't compare to Henry's , Finesse, etc.
I CAN, however, tell you that for the general speed that I pull, it takes about 7 seconds for it to lose stability on open string.  On another hand, if you want it to last for maximum 20 seconds, you need to charge VERY HARD (not for too long though).

Stick grinds last much shorter than leaving it on open string, but longer than finger grinds.  (I'm a pretty weak-armed person, so you can probably extend these time ranges to about max 10 seconds.)

Infinite suiciding on my MB Extreme (with huge foam a$$es) is pretty tough, but other than that you need to put in a fair amount of "pull" for infinite suicides to accelerate it.  Haven't got unwrapped inf. suicides down pat, but I'd guess that it could be maintained.  Don't even ASK me about integrals...I don't even know what it is...>_>

This isn't exactly "today", so I'm sorry for not getting to you.  But today was when I saw the post, so I'm hoping that that discount is still holding and that you found this useful.  If not,

[Ignore post].

P.S.:  I don't know about the shine...My Taiwanese coach thought that I didn't need them, so imagine my surprise when I got un-shiny ones (I didn't know about them then, anyways  :D).
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2008, 05:12:52 AM »
Yes, unfortunately it is a bit late.

Unfortunately good objective answers to these questions are not possible either.

I have had no problem with the "shine" wearing away... well no more than might be reasonably expected. Mine have stayed cleaner than probably any other diabolo.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2009, 05:09:47 PM »
i'm sorry to bump this but it looks like taibolo wants some recognition.

i was just looking around and i found this, check out the "glary diabolo"
now that looks A LOT like a crystal sun. maybe they want in on the transparent diabolo biz?

any news nev?
can't believe its not butter

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal