Author Topic: How can I start 2 Firediabolos Firefli?  (Read 10218 times)

Da Flo_

How can I start 2 Firediabolos Firefli?
« on: November 11, 2004, 10:23:24 PM »
Hey,
I have a Question:
I tried to start the two Firediabolos without help of another Player, but I didn't find a way. The rocket start seems to be not possible. Does anyone have an alternative (no, starting with the Hand is too hot!)
greez Flo

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 10:29:07 PM »
Maybe this start will work?: http://2diabolo.net/?page=28

It's easier than a rocket start, and I guess it would work with fire diabolos, but I've never actually used a fire diabolo.

kragen

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 10:29:50 PM »
I saw a thread about this on firetoys, it seemed like the rocket start is the only way they could think of, trouble is that once youve lit the diabolo, if you drop them your stuffed until they go out and you can pick them up to line the rocket start up again (unless you kick them around :P)

The only other way I can think of is water soaked kevlar gloves similar to those fire-ball jugglers used, but I dont know how well they would insulate you from hot metal diabolo!
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Da Flo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 11:13:19 PM »
The Problem is, that the diabolos don't fit exactly, because they have something like a ring at the end of the half bows to make them more stable. THe Problem with the rocket start or similar starts is that the Diabolos react very chaotically. I tried to start with a loop around each Diabolo, but I wasn't successfull yet.
I hope I will find a way! I know there is one, because everything is possible with the Diabolo
greez flo

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 11:22:13 PM »
try the little whip start Sean posted as a trick of the week, I can do that now and I'm sure it wud work

-Fred-

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 12:00:21 PM »
Hi!

In a video (saclay freestyle), i have seen Priam doing another start (not with fire diabolos). This video was available here: http://yoyo2003.free.fr/rapport2.php but not now.

Put your 2 diabs at ground level with the string under them (the 2 diabs are side by side).

For right hander:
- put the end of your left stick on to the pin of the left diabolo.
- move this diabolo on to the ground (to the left) with your stick to give it some spin.
- when the first diab is enough far, do the same with the right diabolo and the right stick (still to the left) and quickly you throw the first diabolo. Normally, you run now your 2 fire diabolos :D .

It's so hard but it's possible (without touch the diabs with yours hands).

--- Fred ---

Arjan

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 12:33:38 PM »
Indeed Fred, that`s the best start to use I think.

http://membres.lycos.fr/diabolox/

Ask this guy something about it, I think he also uses this start, or a rocketstart.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 05:39:51 PM »
That's a great idea, Fred. It got me thinking of a similar start that I came up with when I was first trying to figure out Priam's start from that video. I highly doubt it's original - I'm sure it's been done before by someone somewhere.

Anyway, I recorded a short clip of that start Priam used:
http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/sean_2d_floor_start_nowrapLQ.mpg (560kb)

and the other version, which uses a wrap on one diabolo (the yellow diabolo in the video) and uses the stick to accelerate the white diabolo:
http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/sean_2d_floor_start_wrapLQ.mpg (660kb)

OK, so with fire diabolos you'd have to do the wrapping on the ground similarly to how the non-wrap video began.

I find the second version (with a wrap) *much* easier. As evidence, I can get that wrap start every time, but it took me 3 tries to get the non-wrap start cleanly. If I was starting fire diabolos... I'd be all for an easier start. ;)

Sean

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
starting 2 fire diabolos...
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 08:30:33 PM »
Seems like lots of people think that geting 2 firediabolos going is a hard one...
I have a start that woks wonders  witouth anny fuzz.
place the first diabolo on the string, backwrap the other and place it beside the first. Get the diabolos roling to the left by pushing the first diabolo eith the rigth hand stick.  (the backwraped second diabolo is pulled along by the string). then just lift the sticks and unwrap and keep going...

nev

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 08:56:18 PM »
Good shout, thats the easiest floor start I know with 2 diabs fire or not.  I use it often for normal 2d and it looks cool when you walk along with it to the left before lifting into the shuffle.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 06:27:09 PM »
I dont know if this will work at all, but its an idea, wrap one in while its not lit with one alight and spinning, get lots of spin on the unlight one, get the unlit one in a right stall in one hand, pull a lighter out of your pocket and light the stalled diabolo, come out of the stall. Problem solved? Not sure if this will work, I've never tried(dont have 2 fire diabs).
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 07:39:04 PM »
Fyrefli's dont hold spin at all, they suck. The only (sensible) way i can possibly think of is to get a friend to throw in the 2nd. JiBe has done 2 fire diabs, maybe he can answer.
OR you could get some light kits for your regular diab, very cool, not so hot or difficult.

Vojtas

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 08:17:33 PM »
Quote from: norbi
you could get some light kits for your regular diab, very cool, not so hot or difficult.

i totally agree with that.. think that light kits looks much better.... and you can also use UV string and handsticks - really interesting effect (must use black light, though :wink: )
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 08:48:50 PM »
I don't think the attracion of fire diabolos is how good they look its just how awesome it is that you're doing diabolo WITH FIRE! I agree lights look much better than fire its just the thrill of doing it with fire, and the response from a crowd.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal