Author Topic: Vertax genocide problem  (Read 5324 times)

VincentPlumbers

Vertax genocide problem
« on: July 22, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »
Hello,
Five days ago I started practising vertax genocides. I made quite some progression in the beginning, but now that seems to have stopped. I've watched Martijn's tutorial (great one, has been really useful) and tried to imitate what he does, but every time when I've caught the diabolo in the string and taken the stick from my left hand to the right one (I'm lefthanded), the flying stick loses too much speed, and therefore it doesn't wrap the diabolo. And then gravity kills my trick. This happens all the time. I've watched several videos with vertax genocides, but I can't really find why mine doesn't work. It might have to deal with the speed I turn around, but I'm not sure. Does somebody have one or more specific tip(s) on how to make it to the end?
Thanks in advance.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
Re: Vertax genocide problem
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »
hey ^^

what i think ''we'' do wrong is that we dont catch the diabolo near enough our stick (the stick that you hold in your hand). That is what i noticed is the main thing that goes wrong atm (for me at least).
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

VincentPlumbers

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 06:15:55 PM »
I think that could be true. Maybe it has something to deal with centripetal or centrifugal forces ;). (I'd never thought I would be talking about physics in my vacation.)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 07:26:18 PM »
this may help: http://stage6.divx.com/user/moff3tt/video/1414422/Vertax-Genocides

although for righties, it's a different and closer angle then Martijn's also when you unwrap the diabolo, after recapture and passing the stick, make sure you exaggerate because if the string rubs the top cup the diabolo will just fall, so you have to really stretch it seems to make sure that doesn't happen.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

VincentPlumbers

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 02:53:25 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna try it right now, hope it will work.

yonm13

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 09:32:20 PM »
another thing you should know is that vertax genocide do not come to work in a day, neither do in a week..
vertax genocides are pretty hard to cover, i worked on it for 3 weeks before getting it to work well, even though i still have problems with continues ones..
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 10:26:05 PM »
another thing you should know is that vertax genocide do not come to work in a day, neither do in a week..

I nailed my first one in 5 days, and then a second one the same day. I also improved and got them more solid by 7 days. =b Of course I didn't diabolo for the previous week and really wanted to learn them.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 07:49:19 AM »
i worked on them some more yesterday, and i can tell i wont be supsrised nailing one in the upcoming week. I recapture about 65% clean in my string now. The biggest problem is that i'm to ''eager'' to let the stick swing around the diabolo (wrap it). I now start unwrapping it with my left hand before the right stick had wrapped it properly. Anyway, ill continue working on then.

*hopes for not to much rain* :-\

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
vertax genocide do not come to work in a day, neither do in a week..

I got my first 3 in 1 day

I don't know what sticks you are using but if you are losing momentum of the handstick I would advise using a heavier one. Also use short string, really short, It helps allot.

-Alex
(Already in Athens)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

VincentPlumbers

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:59:05 PM »
I've just bought aluminium sticks and 2 Circusses today, and put on some quite short string (it reaches to about my nipple). I've been trying my new gear during an hour, mainly practising 2d shuffle, and didn't try vertax genocides yet. But according to what you say Alex, my new stuff might help me in practising this trick. I'll give it a try this evening.
Have fun in Athens.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 06:10:25 PM »
I've just bought aluminium sticks and 2 Circusses today, and put on some quite short string (it reaches to about my nipple). I've been trying my new gear during an hour, mainly practising 2d shuffle, and didn't try vertax genocides yet. But according to what you say Alex, my new stuff might help me in practising this trick. I'll give it a try this evening.
Have fun in Athens.

so will I ;)

(go dead you, free teflon hubs (-.-)')

VincentPlumbers

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 03:49:38 PM »
I finally made it 8). Thanks for your help, guys. I kept on wasting the trick, and suddenly found out that I wanted the string to double-wrap the diabolo. Hadn't seen that the diabolo was already wrapped (so I didn't catch the stick at that moment), obvious that the diabolo lost a lot of speed with that double-wrap-****. When I finally knew what I did wrong, I tried it the right way, and I've got them quite solid now. Yay.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
I finally made it 8). Thanks for your help, guys. I kept on wasting the trick, and suddenly found out that I wanted the string to double-wrap the diabolo. Hadn't seen that the diabolo was already wrapped (so I didn't catch the stick at that moment), obvious that the diabolo lost a lot of speed with that double-wrap-sh*t. When I finally knew what I did wrong, I tried it the right way, and I've got them quite solid now. Yay.

congrats man ;D

(lol remember reeuwijk, when we agreed to get excelibur gens solid before the end of the holidays ;))

VincentPlumbers

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Yeah I remember that XD.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal