Author Topic: Quadruple Sprinkler  (Read 7696 times)

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
Quadruple Sprinkler
« on: January 30, 2005, 01:58:43 AM »
Do you think is possible with standart stuff? if the answer is no, what can we do for get a quadruple splinker? maybe a longer string, bearing axels, smaller diabolos with smaller axel diameter for get the same inertia than the standart, or make them heavier? mmm, I see an interesting theme about that... :wink:
Rooted diabolist.

staticjuggler

quad sprinkler
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 03:54:16 AM »
Hey

A friend of mine from a convention has another friend who he juggles with, I heard he recently pulled off a quad sprinkler using a really long string and two mini diabolos, when he said mini I don't exactly know the size...definately not micro diabolos though. He also help the sprinkler out for a while.

Static
www.staticjuggler.com

How mad would a wood chuck get if a big neon pink Koala bear named Ishtar ran into the woods and chucked all the wood before the woodchuck could chuck the wood?

Sean

• Administrator
Quadruple Sprinkler
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 04:34:56 AM »
Yes, it is doable. Longer string helps. String that is not too slippery and not too sticky helps too.

I believe Jako posted a video of a quad sprinkler a while ago on jongle.net when someone asked, but the video isn't online any more.

diabololi

Quadruple Sprinkler
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 09:16:34 AM »
I did a quad sprinkler once, I used about nose-height string and my 2 jazzes. It doesnt really look very much different to a double or triple, so I dont tend to do it very much.

d2

Quadruple Sprinkler
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 09:18:39 AM »
it's doable, the most difficult is not to get in the quad sprinkler, it's to get out, because once you have 4loop on the diabolos the loose speed very quickly and it collapses before you undo them all
i think i have the jako's video somewhere on my hdd, i can try to find it if someone wants to miror it for some time.

btw, i was thiking, would bearings help in this case? would the sprinkler last if the axes are not spinning? With bearings the diabolos would not speed down, but there would be less friction with the string and less centrifugal force to prevent the sprinkler from collapsing.  would it work like this or am i totaly mistaken ?

GbH

Quadruple Sprinkler
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 11:00:45 AM »
You lot should be checking out a few yo-yo videos...

Navigate to http://www.yo-yo.org/bu-ko/, then download the video at the bottom of the page that's titled "WestJapanContest's CILPVIDEO!".  It includes a quad sprinkler with suicide exit.

Oh, and while you're there, the 2005 West Japan video also contains some stuff that may be of interest ;0)

Guy

Sean

• Administrator
Quadruple Sprinkler
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 03:01:11 PM »
Quote from: d2
btw, i was thiking, would bearings help in this case? would the sprinkler last if the axes are not spinning?

Bearings seem to help immensely with holding ridiculously long sprinklers whenever I've tried.

Yawg

Fourth sprinkle
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 02:37:14 PM »
Anybody has get a four sprinkle? I tried a couple of times but I didn't get.

Vojtas

Re: Fourth sprinkle
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 02:58:23 PM »
Quote from: Yawg

think somebody spoke about it sooner... watch this video http://www.jugglethis.net/files/videos/zebows.mov
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

seán_

Re: Fourth sprinkle
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 09:13:44 PM »
Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw
Quote from: Yawg

think somebody spoke about it sooner... watch this video http://www.jugglethis.net/files/videos/zebows.mov

and Xams first video.
Both videos and links to posts about multiple sprinklers available by looking in the tricks sticky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal