Author Topic: VotW: January 31 - February 6, Dave P  (Read 8917 times)

Sean

• Administrator
VotW: January 31 - February 6, Dave P
« on: January 30, 2005, 03:50:48 PM »
This week we have a product of the infamous Chocfest: a great trick from Dave Proctor.

It involves multiple switches of the side of the string, a couple fans, and some suns. Very nice. If anyone (Dave?) has a better name for it let me know.

Thanks to another Dave (barnesy) for filming and editing.

http://diabolo.ca/votw/davep_2d_darkside_fan_sun_fan_360.mpg
Streaming version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEny-ebWn8M

Sean

Tom_G

Video of the week: Jan. 31 - Feb. 6, Dave P
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 04:15:31 PM »
Great combo :) ! Like the idea of the entry. How do you get the 2d shuffle so fast?
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 04:35:41 PM »
Congratz on this very good thing! I need to watch this again   :shock:

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 05:50:20 PM »
Cool one!!  :D I gotta try that some day, but I keep my look in 3d... I can do now allmost every time wrap start, but I don´t know how to use my left hand  :oops: like, I know (quite) what I´m supposed to do, I just am not able (yet) to do it. (bad english... I got pissed off by my english teacher, and now I don´t care if there is some (a lot) spellingmi :? stakes)

About that how to make  2d shuffle fast: faster you use your rigth hand faster the shuffle goes... Take a look what means fast in some finnish diabolo stuff by sirkus kumiankka ( http://www.kumiankka.com/index.php?sivu=videot ) (in my opinion he (aaro) does it faster).

seán_

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 05:58:01 PM »
Great trick Dave. I can't believe I didn't see you doing that on the day.

I really enjoyed your spot at the Bradford renegade BTW

martijn

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 08:09:38 PM »
Nice Trick, Dave!  =D> Looks very difficult :o

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 10:15:38 PM »
Quote from: Tom_G
Great combo :) ! Like the idea of the entry. How do you get the 2d shuffle so fast?

That's just the speed Dave does two at!   He's only recently started to use wrap accelerations, so is still used to getting speed that way.   That's probably a leftover from the move to Henry's from renegades, I reckon.   I imagine he'll speak for himself when he sees this thread!

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 11:37:37 AM »
Thanks everyone for your feedback :D  It's great to finally get a bit of video up here (thanks to Barnesy).
As for the speed thing, as Dave says thats just how it was done back in the day, if you want 'em spinnin' faster, spin 'em faster!

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 02:02:58 PM »
Quote from: Tom_G

i agree, but that 2d shuffle is not that fast..  :D  if you use your both hands (throw diabolo with left hand to right string as hard as you can.. as in sync 3d) you can make it much more faster..

i try once accelerate 2d shuffle that way when diabolos were in sprinkler.. i think someone better could probably do that.. though i havent seen that anywhere, it still wont be impossible..

wes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 03:53:35 PM »
Wow, great trick!! I cannot help challenging it after watching! Thank you fo r sharing, Dave P. :D

About, fast 2shuffle, do you see http://www.diarhythm.com/e/index.html ? There is video of fast 2shuffle around the leg. It may be also reference.

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 04:08:14 PM »
Quote from: wes
video of fast 2shuffle around the leg. .

I remembered this from long ago at the weekend,and performed it at the bradford convention renegade show, I also got a round of applause for the fast shuffle, I wasn't even aware that I was doing anything special :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal