Author Topic: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)  (Read 52484 times)

Ben

• VotW Contributor
Re: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2006, 02:31:58 AM »
dose anyone know whats up with the 4erlei site?

http://www.4erlei.de/

its been like that for a while

is there other places to get them?

like are these the same as the 4erlei ones ?
http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/White__Extended_Axle_Tuning_kit__Circus___286g.html#aAK_2fTK1

anyone have any imput?

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2006, 08:58:56 AM »
the second set looks similar to the 4erlei's that i've used. i'd say that even if they arent exactly the same, they are a pretty good bet (and way cheaper than the official henry's kit eh?)

j0hn

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2006, 11:46:27 AM »
i have a question about the henrys extended axle kit, it's the white 265g one second from the bottom :
http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/Tuning_kits_and_extended_axles.html

i bought 2 to fit to my circuses recently, and haven't had much success in getting either of them to fit together in a stable way. the axle they give you is the same size as the regular circus one through the middle. this means that when you assemble a standard circus, you have plenty of thread on either side to tighten the nuts securely. but with the hubs extended by 10mm, and the thread the same size... it means there is not much room to tighten! i found that once assembled correctly, i had roughly 1mm on either side to tighten the nuts! and if i didn't tighten them simulataneously, with equal pressure on both, then one would ping off and i would have to start again! eventually i managed to assemble both, after a long time, but the cups were very loose indeed even after tightening, and after 20 minutes of use they got looser and dismantled themselves on my carpet, so i put the original hubs back on.

help, anyone? they cost almost £12 each, and it'd be good to see them working... i just don't understand why henrys don't supply a longer axle, rather than supplying one the same size!

Ben

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2006, 08:46:34 PM »
umm you should use a ratchet wrench and a regular wrench on the other side

i don’t think you can ever get them tight enough by hand tightening and it looks like there isn’t room to tighten but if you use a wrench then it will tighten pretty far

wrench size is 10mm btw

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2006, 09:10:37 PM »
so just to clarify--you have the wide hubs but it came with standard size bolt? if that's the case, call or email Firetoys. they are excellent with customer service, in fact that is the reason i keep buying from them. they should either say:

A. you're SOL because that's how these hubs are made, however we'll talk to the company and see what they can do
B. oh crap, we sent you the wrong thing. we'll send the right one

i've contacted them because i had a broken G2 hub, they contacted Babache and sent me one right away.

JC

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2006, 12:13:05 AM »
@ben

The white kits with the weight of 265g have 4mm axes and a distance piece out of fiber, the wrench size of the nut is here 7mm.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »
I've got ultra-lights on my circuses and I have a problem. They work fine 1d, but they seem too slippery doing 2d. I use henry's yellow string and they don't seem to stay in the wrap so I'm having trouble speeding up. Even when wrapping every pass it feels too slippery. I've just started doing 2d and it feels like I'm not progressing as fast as I could with other axles. Should I get some other axles or use different string for 2d?

seán_

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2006, 02:22:16 AM »
did you have your other axles for a long time? the metal wears with time and the new ones might seem a bit slicker. Have you used any type of POM hubs before?

Other than that I'm not sure because I dont use the ultralights but I know some people dont use the full kit but keep some of the older washers for a not so ultralight kit.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2006, 03:37:56 AM »
I had the metal ones for a couple of months. These are my first POM hubs. And I use my old washers. They work perfectly apart from speeding up which seems to be a lot easier with other hubs. I tried allround and they worked fine. It seems like these ones are a lot more slippery than the other ones. Like I said it doesn't bother me when doing 1d but doing 2d feels too slippery.

fredo

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2006, 01:49:20 PM »
that's just because of the string....I've got some ultra-lights, too, and they work fine..but henrys string is really too slippery for me - I hate this string - so I use MB's string(whih is very slippery at the beginning as well, but gets weared a lot faster than the Henry's)...so just try the MB string...

PS - the MB string has got an advantage, though; when playing somewhere with very umid air, the string will get too rough to do anything! Then you should use Henry's, which is more resistant to umidity!

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2006, 09:04:59 PM »
yeah, that's just how it is. when i went from metal to plastic there was a huge difference.

you just need to break in your string and then get used to it.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2006, 06:00:41 PM »
I had a horrible time transitioning from Henrys Beach to MB Finesse for the same reason.  The metal hubs just had more grip around the string for some reason so hovering and speeding up was quick and easy.  Relevance being that Finesses have plastic hubs as well, I imagine its a similar situation with the POM hubs.  

Just wear you string in nice an good and it'll be ok.  I rub it under my shoe to speed up the process.  I would be in the same camp as you if I'd managed to order my plastic hubs.  Alas no, still metal.  I'm fine with it though (but my wrist is killing).

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2006, 07:22:31 PM »
Yeah the string is fine when it's a little worn out. It just seems to take an awfully long time to do that. I guess I should try your shoe technique  :wink: .

JC

• Donator
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »
sand paper or shoe?
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2006, 08:00:05 PM »
ah, the shoe technique. i first heard about that one from Priam in 2004--it's a good one ;)

seán_

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2006, 01:40:25 AM »
soap

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »
I use soap to get the grip, but it still takes some time to get the string right. What kind of soap should i use?

Kusti

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2006, 10:10:05 AM »
The soapy kind?

martijn

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »
You should use pink soap.

fredo

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2006, 01:41:41 PM »
how do you use the soap btw? wet or dry? and simply pulling the string over it???? (sry if this was explained before, I'm too lazy to look it up ) :P

or do you mean liquid soap?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal